Author Topic: Topical treatment for worms and fleas  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Lesley Frankie

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Oliver, Basil, Ben and the late, great Morticia and Buster
Re: Topical treatment for worms and fleas
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 07:34:39 AM »
Thanks Christine, I will speak to our vet.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 16:50:00 PM »
To buy from Vet UK, Chesterfield CP is one participating rescue, as are Paws Inn and CAT77 Shaw at:

www.pawsinncats.com and www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk respectively.

I was right about the selamectin, btw, so that should be your answer  ;D  However, you will need a prescription from your own vet first as this is a Prescription Only Medicine (POM)

HTH
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 16:43:22 PM »
Selamectin is the active ingredient of Stronghold, I do believe, which is available from Vet UK

If you click through from a rescue, a donation is made to them at no extra cost to you.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Lesley Frankie

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Oliver, Basil, Ben and the late, great Morticia and Buster
Topical treatment for worms and fleas
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 16:35:51 PM »
I have some Revolution topical parasitic for cats that I bought from the vet in Canada. It is made by Pfizer and claims to treat and control/prevent fleas, hookworm, roundworm and heartworm. Because it is applied to the skin it's very easy to apply once a month. The main 'ingredient' is Selamectin. Does anyone know if it is available in UK / Europe? I have tried to find it in the on-line vet pharmacies but they only have separate treatments for fleas and worms. Do you know of any similar treatment available on-line? Thanks.

Link to CatChat