Author Topic: wewormers with flavors  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: wewormers with flavors
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 20:34:43 PM »
I would definatley go for a vet bought drop on  ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: wewormers with flavors
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 18:23:20 PM »
Panacur favourites are flavoured but you would need to treat for tapeworm with droncit (that come in pill or spot on or an injection from your vet)

You could splash out on the new worming spot on that does roundworm and tapeworm, only available from your vet, its called Profender.

Have you tried Milbemax? Again only from your vet but an average cat needs 1/2 a tab and they are tinier and less bitter than drontal. Much easier to fit in a treat such as a defurrum or a cheese ball  ;)

Offline tumbi

• Kitten
wewormers with flavors
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 17:51:25 PM »
HI!

I have two cats at home and always have trouble with giving them dewormer pills (and I have to give them pills every 4 months)...Even if I crush them and mix them with food they wont eat it so I have to force them to eat the pills wich they and I hate.
Does anyone know if there are pills, tablets...on the market that have tasty flavor? So the cats would think it is a treat? I mean I know that for example some foods wich cats like to eat have very little meat in them (Whiskas etc) and that additives are responsible for that taste so I should think that it wouldn't be to hard to make dewormers with a great taste?
I currently give them pills that are anti roundworms, tapeworms, hookworms. Don't know about whipworms (or something)...

PLS help  :thanks:

« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 18:45:32 PM by tumbi »

Link to CatChat