Author Topic: Good vibes for Rolo please  (Read 35343 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: Good vibes for Rolo please
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2008, 12:28:49 PM »
MMMm get him back on antirobe if you suspect that. (mind you youve the vets tomorrow so they will be able to have a look)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2008, 22:29:52 PM »
He is male!! Thanks, I think his breath is starting to smell again.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2008, 22:27:20 PM »
Rolo you must learn to behave yourself.  Good luck with your vet appointment

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2008, 21:39:24 PM »
Well, he is seeing my vet on Tues, so shall see what she thinks then - he has just caused fuss with Zia, he wont leave alone till she swipes, and then seems to swipe back, not very fair on her being 17, and being here first. It was the duff dental vets who did the original bloods, it said something about a 6 profile test, but I threw the estimate away unfortunately, and I dont get the bills.
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2008, 15:02:13 PM »
We used to do alot des esp on cats that fitted into the catagory that "could be" hyper, but we sent the bloods to the local agricultural lab that did all the tests & it was only about 22 quid or something so not a big deal.

I'd be guided by your vet on this one and possibly ask the vet who took the pre ga bloods to provide you with a copy of the results (you are entitled to that...of course i am on the assumption that its your own vet you are now going to with rolo & not the original duff dental vets lol)

I was trying to remember which enzymes are normally tested in the pre ga bloods, of course different vets may do different parameters ... we used to do urea/crea/alkp and i cant at this time remember if alt was included or not, poss i think it was (6 things were the normal parameters)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2008, 13:14:58 PM »
WAs just going to pm you for advice on this Lynn!! teh test would cost £41 (but we do get a discount on that), I have managed to rearrange his visit for this Tues (work owe me some time!!), so will see what hte vet thinks on his heart and neck. The test you are thinking of is hte full profile I have done on mine that includes thyroid, I pay for the most expensive test the lab does to cover absolutely everything, despite the fact my vet didn't think I needed to test Molly for her thyroid.
He seems to have put some weight on, but is still hyperactive, he bashed his head on the door earlier trying to get through the small gap quickly!! He does occasionally come home with claw sheaths in his head, so I dont know if he is winning the fights he gets into (and not sure he starts them, with how he is with the girls, he just ignores being growled at till Zia bats him - and still ignores it!!). His ears are still gunky, but he has got to the stage of not tolerating me doing anything with them, and he has lost fur behind them as well as in front. Hopefully the vet will give him the all clear to be rehomed on Tues.
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2008, 13:06:40 PM »
Yep normally the ALT  is raised with hyperT so it would be a good indication but not confirmation, however if normal bloods combined with normal heart rate and non palpaple thyroid glands i suppose would be a safe enough reason to NOT test.  The test specifically for thyroid used to be very cheap but i think i do recall you saying in the past it was more expensive now.

Hows the man doing in himself now ?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2008, 22:10:33 PM »
Well, I spoke to the vet today, and she thinks that if his liver enzymes were fine then it isn't worth testing him, so he is going up in a couple of weeks to get his ears looked at, and I shall see what she thinks of his condition and heartrate.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2008, 19:17:33 PM »
No, they just did pre-op bloods, I shall ring my vets next week (didn't get chance today) and see how much extra to have that done - might be worth getting that done before his dental to be honest, as hte vet says there is no rush for it, and he still has a fairly bald neck at the moment!! He is a very hyper-active cat, and very playful yet skittish, could that indicate hyper-t?
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2008, 18:27:22 PM »
Oh gosh yes desley, for some reason i assumed Thyroid would have been tested at the same time as the rest of his bloods.  I'd get that done and could certainly be linked as to why he can be slightly quick tempered at times.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2008, 12:25:11 PM »
The daft part was Gill, I had used other catnip and he was perfectly fine, this one he was jumping up to get the packaging out of my hand (he couldnt open it you see, despite being addressed to him - mind you, neither could I, I had to rip it in the end cos he was jumping up for it!!)

Ha ha, i was concerned that if the sorting office had feral cats it may have been stolen  :evillaugh:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2008, 08:07:08 AM »
WEll, this one is for the girls, I am sure they wont get aggressive like he does!! They are definitely weak compared to the one he got, they even went mad on the carpet where it had been!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2008, 21:08:18 PM »
Thanks have pm and do not steal this one from them until they have finished cos its quality nip  ;D ;D

I had those teabags too but they were weak compareed to this . Some nip is just superior quality and Culpeppers is  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2008, 21:02:22 PM »
The daft part was Gill, I had used other catnip and he was perfectly fine, this one he was jumping up to get the packaging out of my hand (he couldnt open it you see, despite being addressed to him - mind you, neither could I, I had to rip it in the end cos he was jumping up for it!!), so I didn't think much of stroking him - he has had the catnip mice teabag that dont invoke this reaction!! Shall pm now, would be nice for the girls to have something.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2008, 20:58:05 PM »
I grow catnip plants and have a giant flat pot of them outside ands I would never touch my cats if they have been playing with the plants.

I was collecting the seeds last year and my hands smelt of catnip and thought big gentle Misa would like to smell my hands..............bad idea cos I was attacked just like what he would do to the plants or a toy.................its just a normal reaction and you just wait for them to get back to normal again, which they do quite quickly. They may just doze off in a druggy dream about how a great mouse catcher they are, but just let em enjoy their dreams  ;D

I have one of these if you are interested Desley. please Pm me  ;D  Misa can guarentee the quality  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 20:59:09 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2008, 20:44:33 PM »
I dont normally bother about catnip, and he has the catspa out all the time, but he doesn't get aggressive off that (he ignores anything sprayed with the catnip spray), but he gets very aggressive off this, and I was only taking it away to show people what it looked like. You can't even stroke him to say hello when he has been near it for more than a couple of minutes though.
If you dont mind Gill, as Zia likes catnip too, but doesn't get a look in.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2008, 20:33:45 PM »
My catnip mice stay out all the time and Misa will go back and lick them to death and roll around, the soggier and greener they are the nicer they are for the cats. The wet makes the smell come out, cos its like putting dried herbs into a soup.

I would never take a catnip toy from any of my cats, cos they need to be left to have their fun. They leave them alone once they have had enough. If I was a cat I would bite you too if you took my catnip mpouse away  ;D

We have some that are quite old and Misa still loves em and they look horrible  ;D

We have culpepper mice and fish here and bought some when I was in London last, think I might still have one left if you interested.

When I next get back I will be taking orders  :rofl: :rofl:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2008, 20:25:39 PM »
he would have to have outdoor access, he was going mad to go out yesterday after just 2 hours of being in!! Vet has said his teeth can be done either when they are a prob, or when I rehome him, whichever comes first (although she didn't think I would be able to rehome him at his age - I have homed older!!), I am tempted to get his thyroid checked, as his appetite is still tremendous, and he still has a thin back end, and his fur isn't the greatest.
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2008, 18:56:39 PM »
Maybe long term if he can find a home who will be able to let him have some sort of outdoor access he'll be better ?  another thing he's obviously feeling abit stronger and perhaps even more comfortable with his situation to assert himself !

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2008, 08:12:25 AM »
WEll, he is developing quirks that might slightly affect rehoming - gets very very agitated and demanding if you dont let him out, to the point where he does get slightly aggressive (my mum did say he attacked her to make her let him out, but she does over-react), so going somewhere new and having to stay in should be fun, and we have had some aggression issues this week, once was redirected after MArmalade woudlnt let him out of the bathroom, so I carried him downstairs (got bit for that), and the catnip mouse and ear cleaning have caused issues, and i was trying to sort some pictures out last night and he tried to play with my hand for some unknown reason. It is going to have to be a very special person to accept his quirks, even my mum said that, as she has been on the receiving end of his quirks.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2008, 21:52:39 PM »
I'm not sure how to order. I did the papypal link but it doesn't give a paypal email address. Not sure is the same as the contact email? - anyway I emailed her last night but I haven't heard back  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Garfield&Gypsy

• Senior Cat
  • Garfield
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2008, 21:42:47 PM »
I've had the privilage of seeing Rolo's Catnip addiction first hand!  :Crazy:

i'm surprised there's anything left of the mouse!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Nicola, Chris, Garfield & Gypsy

I cannot deny that a cat lover and his cat have a master/slave relationship. The cat is the master.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2008, 20:11:53 PM »
No haven't been able to email.  Thanks it would be great if you could get the details for me, really appreciate it and so will Dragan!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2008, 19:53:05 PM »
Have you had any luck getting through? If not il contact my dealer and get contact details  ;D

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2008, 08:27:52 AM »
Wont laugh I promise (he he he)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2008, 07:56:03 AM »
Dont laugh, I have scratches on my hands from his eagerness!! I think I shall order a couple, Zia likes it too, and Molly hasn't had chance to see it yet, must bring it upstairs for her, she does like catnip.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2008, 20:17:35 PM »
Just went onto site and would love to order some but it only gives a direct link for emails which always takes me back to my previous provider AOL and I can't log in there anymore.  Anyone know the email address please?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2008, 19:47:35 PM »
Maddiesmum its a skittykitty mouse, i think the website is www.skittykitty.co.uk
You wont be disappointed if you get one or two  :evillaugh:

I should have known it was strong when he lunged for the envelope and then the plastic bag it was in!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2008, 08:26:31 AM »
Aah bless

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2008, 07:45:44 AM »
Not sure, I have thrown the packaging away, as he was going mad for that too!! I was playing with him earlier, and he looks to have really bony feet, bless him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2008, 07:40:40 AM »
This catnip business does make me smile!   Flynn, my Lost Boy, used to go wild for catnip, and would get himself in such a frenzy - dribbling and rolling in it (I used to grow it in the garden we had then).  Paddy on the other hand is just sooooo unimpressed, and never bothers with it.

Go Rolo - go Theo, go Dragan!    :yayyy:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2008, 06:41:14 AM »
Thanks Desley.  Is Rolo's mouse a Culpepper one?  They seem to be quite potent

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2008, 21:29:07 PM »
I know MM!! I initially took it away from him as it was soaking wet, and he was getting wet by rubbing against it!! I should have known it was strong when he lunged for the envelope and then the plastic bag it was in!! And both him and Zia have rubbed on the stairs after I took it away
Maddies mum, no it wont, and it can be an appetite stimulant
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2008, 20:05:26 PM »
Can eating dried catnip cause any harm?  Dragan burst one of his toys the other day and I wasn't sure whether to let him keep it or fling it out!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2008, 17:21:06 PM »
Yeah, I am not as impressed, as he does get a bit aggressive when you try and take it back off him (he is only allowed 10 mins a day, as he is untouchable while he has it!! Other catnip hasn't had that effect on him!!)

You meanie!   :evillaugh:
I have had to put mine in a stash tin as Theo the thug kept comming in and using them, beating my lot up and even pulled the curtains down  >:( He's stolen £10 worth of catnip, i am not impressed  >:( >:(

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2008, 08:00:53 AM »
SHouldnt have to, but if they think he doesn't need it, we are a bit stuck - even Nicola noticed his fang yesterday, and all he did was miaow at her. He certainly wont!!
Yeah, I am not as impressed, as he does get a bit aggressive when you try and take it back off him (he is only allowed 10 mins a day, as he is untouchable while he has it!! Other catnip hasn't had that effect on him!!)
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2008, 20:48:38 PM »
Thats good of you Des   ;D
Poor chap wont be pleased having a 2 nd visit  :evillaugh:

Im glad he liked the mousey  :wow:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2008, 17:48:39 PM »
I haven't had chance to respond to this - I have said previously that I do have a discount account at my vets for fosters, but it is still more expensive than the rescues vet - but as they dont think those teeth need to come out, he shall be done at my vet, and I Will foot the bill, as we have already spent a lot of money on a dental and follow up meds, and we dont have the money for it. I dont like the thought of 'advertising' him without his health issues, I dont think that is fair on a prospective owner, he has ear and dental issues, so insurance wont cover either, so an elderly person might struggle with bills, as well as the fact he can only eat certain dry food, and not the stuff easily found in supermarkets. I was talking to my neighbour last night and said he has been really good this year - within 12 hours of saying that, he had 2 fights, although I Couldn't blame him for the second, the neighbours cat came into my house (they like coming in to play with the toys and use the catspa!!), so Rolo was only defending his territory.
He got a catnip mousey last night through the post, and it must be strong stuff, he got very over-excited with it!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 17:56:52 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2008, 17:43:18 PM »
I think Liz's idea's a sound one Des - see if anyone is interested first.  You can mention the dental problems if they seem keen, and see what sort of a reaction they give.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2008, 12:25:17 PM »
Des might be an idea to approach your vet and see what they can do and if they have a rescue policy - we have a seperate account on ours for any rescue cats and the current practice do all they can to help - its not a big practice but through word of mouth they get any rescue cats back as real customers at full price

Miss Gracie had her op at another vet on trapping and then one week later was under again and is fine now but any teeth issues in cats are a problem as they can go septic so quickly and need the antibiotics again and to much of them aint good for an older cat either.  Miss G is due to have her last teeth removed at our vet and will have a full panel this time - previously she sailed through them but at 18ish feel she needs to have it done

Also it seems that there is a huge void on what the rescue vet uses and what your vet does that would make me pursue my vet a bit harder for more discount - we didn't get our discount until cat 27 - vet missed ingrown stitches and a couple of other things and then we got our discount!

Also I thought your charity got a grant from head office a bit like Cp as well as having local fund raising - just a thought can you call head office re the vet thing

Good vibes to Rolo and how about elderly gent seeking devoted slave to pander to his needs with a cute photo no need to mention health issues capture his owner and then gently drop in the issues and see how it goes
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Link to CatChat