Author Topic: Cats Sleeping ON TOP OF YOU and them being out for the count  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
Re: Cats Sleeping ON TOP OF YOU and them being out for the count
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 17:54:06 PM »
you are so right  ;D

ducha likes to slip off the bed but when returning he makes sure he does half a curcuit that includes walking across my face finishing with a swish of his tail across my eyes......mutter mutter

Kittens do that with the mum cat - walk all over themir bodies and faces -  I wonder if there is some natural throwback to that when they display such behaviour with their slaves.   If I could  'melt' inot Molly when we are 'spooning' (oh err), I would.   :Luv: they make a bad day a good one

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 15:28:26 PM »
you are so right  ;D

ducha likes to slip off the bed but when returning he makes sure he does half a curcuit that includes walking across my face finishing with a swish of his tail across my eyes......mutter mutter

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 12:26:04 PM »
You are so right about "soon as the purrs start, you know they have won" !!  :evillaugh:

Awwww...... Franta's making sure you are within touching distance  - that just melted my heart.   It's that special connection with our moggies that 'rights' all the wrongs at times.   Nothing quite compares to the feeling of love when you  savour those moments.  Mols does like to have either her own bed, or be with me,  touching me - there is not a feeling in the world that beats it! :Luv:  All the more poignant that he realises his mummy loves him to bits, after the last few days.   Bless.

In saying that, I'm not too sure I'm so keen when she jumps from the windowsill right ontop of my solar plexis - I mean, one large very comfy double bed, one human - lots of space for her to land on - but it's  not as much fun landing on the mattress when you can annoy your slave!

We are mere mugs and nothing more! :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 11:30:08 AM »
its ok i have 2 hoodlums of my own lol

ducha steals mt pillow and havant reaaly worked out how he hets me off but i know as soon as the purring starts he is winning  :rofl:

last night franta decided that he too must have a claw on me all night and have holes in one shoulder, in fact he wont leave my side at all at ptesent and is on my knee. he grips all the time to make sure i stay with him  ;D

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 00:13:05 AM »
She joined me under the duvet lsat week during a very cold night (I'm just here to be used and abused...sigh  :tired:).  Her latest stint now is continuing to lie on me on my boniest bit of arm, like a lump of lead, eyes fixated ahead on the bedroom window, like a rottwiler.   Soon as she hears  a sound or spies a little night fly - my 'use' then becomes akin to that of  a spring board.    Lost count of the times I've  suddenly been awakened with this very heavy depression and a loud.  "ooooooofffffhhhhh" from me - as she uses me as leverage to bounce upto the window sill - to go attack, well....  nothing!!!  .       :censored: :censored: of a cat.

I'm willing to hire her out for a night or two if anyone is interested??........  :rofl: :shify: :rofl:

Offline soudicca

• Adult Cat
  • Jake's mum
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 11:19:01 AM »
I love this, it brings back such good memories.  My previous four all had their positions in or on the bed.  I sleep on my side so Suki was under the duvet curled up as though she was on my lap, Cleo slept on my side (literally) Jade on my head and Sam on my feet so he could play tootsies as soon as I woke up.  Trying to keep Cleo from walking over Suki meant I slept with my arm stretched over to my knee.  Jake - my present cat - just likes to sleep tucked up back to back with me.
Black cats rule
RIP Suki, Cleo, Jade & Sam

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 22:25:19 PM »
Liz you really do need to give those cats more room on that bed  :evillaugh: :rofl: :naughty: :Luv2:

How dare you sneak in at the edge?  :evillaugh: :rofl: :hug:

Fantastic photo.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 22:23:26 PM »
LOL Liz, looks like my bed!  :rofl:

None of mine sleep perched on my arms (thankfully!) but insist on sleeping on my legs and when I go to turn over in the night it feels like someone is holding my legs down!

Sam likes to sleep whichever side I'm sleeping, and if I turn over, he follows me over to that side LOL!  :evillaugh:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 21:13:19 PM »
Some of our ferals aren't the best at seeing in the dark and OH has quite often had his "bits" used as a landing pad from the top of the wardrobes on our bedroom!  :evillaugh:

Cats are great in the winter but awfully hot in the Summer :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 20:58:37 PM »
Love the pic. its fab. would be fab hot watter bottles. Ollie just likes to jump from the window ledge onto  when you are sound asleep and 6kg landing on top of you when sound asleep is ouch
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 20:49:23 PM »
Liz, that is one of the best photos ever!  I am so jealous!    So much fur love - you must get deafened when they all start to purr - I'm surprised you need the duvet -  you have just made my night!  ;D ;D    I feel so hard done by now, Molly has some going to do !

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 20:44:40 PM »
I sort of sleep like this - on my side currently thanks to the Sammy Haematoma still being dissolved from when Sammy feral tried to kill me on the stairs last October -s I have Brodie on my shoulder - sleeping soundly - Sweetie between my legs, peanut at my head level (behind head), Puma in arch of back, Max and merlin have one leg each to place heads and bodies on - Baby Beijing fitting in between Puma and peanut - Oh has about the same but varied Mix being Amber - next to his head, Jester on one leg, Phoenix on the other and Bailey and Oscar kept apart by his legs and golks wonder why we have a Super kingsize bed - we will also have about 10 others scattered around the bedroom and I wonder why I have back problems and go to Physio once a week! :shocked: :rofl:

Sort of like this photo!!!!!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 18:23:58 PM »
:rofl:

Jaffa used to lie leaning against me and was most offended if I so much as breathed.  I got around that by giving him his own hot water bottle (in a nice fluffy cover  ;D) the other side of the bed so now he lies beside me but not on me.  Mosi sometimes lies on  my legs but he doesn't seem to mind my moving around.

Funny - If I so much as move, I get the death stare and the very loud 'sigh' / 'exhale of breath' as she settles down again.     >:( :rofl:   

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 18:20:46 PM »
I wish Mols would sleep on my pillow, that sounds wonderful   She normally 'spoons' (oh err!) if you know what I mean - till this fascination with the balancing act has kicked in of late. 

I love the 'good morning' welcome.  I awake, say good morning as I look at at her , give her a clap them am greeted with the big purrs and her sticking her nose right onto my lips !  She's a wee soul.   She's also a wee bug'r too  but we  :Luv2:s them all the same.

My Byron is a spooner  :Luv: but she would also get on my pillow given half the chance and get right in my face but it gets a bit much  :evillaugh:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 18:10:59 PM »
Dave has always been a pillow sleeper and while I like it and find it a comfort he's a very big lad and his insistence on sharing my pillow means I actually get very little pillow out of the deal :evillaugh: Plus he can sometimes press his weight down on my head and I end up with an achy neck, so could when you wake up and he looks at you all lovey eyes and starts purring like a tractor (this is because he thinks he'll soon be getting breakfast and not because he's happy to have me awake for any other reason :evillaugh:).

I wish Mols would sleep on my pillow, that sounds wonderful   She normally 'spoons' (oh err!) if you know what I mean - till this fascination with the balancing act has kicked in of late. 

I love the 'good morning' welcome.  I awake, say good morning as I look at at her , give her a clap them am greeted with the big purrs and her sticking her nose right onto my lips !  She's a wee soul.   She's also a wee bug'r too  but we  :Luv2:s them all the same.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 10:52:45 AM »
Dave has always been a pillow sleeper and while I like it and find it a comfort he's a very big lad and his insistence on sharing my pillow means I actually get very little pillow out of the deal :evillaugh: Plus he can sometimes press his weight down on my head and I end up with an achy neck, so could when you wake up and he looks at you all lovey eyes and starts purring like a tractor (this is because he thinks he'll soon be getting breakfast and not because he's happy to have me awake for any other reason :evillaugh:).

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 08:02:31 AM »
 :rofl:

Jaffa used to lie leaning against me and was most offended if I so much as breathed.  I got around that by giving him his own hot water bottle (in a nice fluffy cover  ;D) the other side of the bed so now he lies beside me but not on me.  Mosi sometimes lies on  my legs but he doesn't seem to mind my moving around.

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 00:09:49 AM »
My Bonnie is exactly the same - my arms are killing me at the moment.  :rofl: :rofl:

Mary

Glasd to hear it's not unusual - I do wonder why they do it - proving thier point that they can not only walk all over us, but take their lofty positions ON us as well!  :-: :)

It's the look of sheer disgust as she peers down at me, her own  face that close her whiskers tickle my own face, when I have the temerity to try to move.......

The teenage stage - is that the obligatory running aaround mental about 3.30am when you are in very deep slumber!!  LOL

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 20:22:44 PM »
Beavis likes to lie on an arm , Jerry and Giz are now at the rebellious teenager stage and have FAR better things to do than cuudle their mum. Unless their mum has food! :tired:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 18:02:49 PM »
My Bonnie is exactly the same - my arms are killing me at the moment.  :rofl: :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Karon

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 17:51:21 PM »
PMSL  :rofl:  I get this with Gomez, and he weighs a ton! I just roll over and he sort of stays where he was, moving round my body as I move - it sounds like I do the same thing you od.

The things we do for our cats....

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
Cats Sleeping ON TOP OF YOU and them being out for the count
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 16:43:13 PM »
I know it's not unusual for cats to lie on you when you're in bed, but recently, Molly has begun doing something she never did.

I sleep on my side (either one) - so for example, if I'm lying on my left hand side, my right arm I have resting on the right side of my body.   I get woken up with this eejit of a cat, perched on my arm - her head at the very top of my arm - her wobbling if I move everso slightly - but still she won't move.  She's a tonne weight and that's what wakes me up - my arm going dead !    She's lying there sleeping as well.    :Crazy: :Crazy: :evillaugh: :Crazy: :Crazy:

It gets better - if I roll over to the other side - she STILL doesn't move, she opens her eyes up, peers down at me with one of those 'distasteful, filthy looks',  and I've got to pull the duvet along with me as I roll over (well... I don't HAVE TO.... but you know the score!) until she's happily perched on the other arm when I've resettled myself. 

What gives!?? !!!!

Link to CatChat