Author Topic: cat flaps  (Read 8508 times)

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
Re: cat flaps
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 15:26:10 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:yeah of hubby and me spending 4 hours reading instructions, throwing them out and trying to fix the  :censored: thing to the door :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I had hoped it would be here this week but now looks like it will be next week so another week of Bronte cooped up inside - she will be pleased. Anyway, will most certainly let you know what think of it (and the instructions of how to afix it)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 15:15:01 PM »
Cool, we will need action shots   :rofl:

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 14:54:46 PM »
ooh, cant wait to hear what you think of this, i LOVE the idea, just wish it was a wee bit cheaper, but i seriously want this!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 14:32:16 PM »
Ooooh I'll be very interested to hear what you think of it!  The main thing I hate about those magnetic/infra red ones are that the cat has an enormous great tag hanging off their collar all the time; can't be comfy and if it's not hanging in the right place, it doesn't open.  Please do keep us posted!

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 14:15:56 PM »
That catflap sounds a fantastic idea!
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 14:12:02 PM »
thanks urbantigers and milly's mum for telling me about petporte. I have ordered one although just got an email to say white door mounted ones are out of stock so have to wait a little longer. Can't wait to get it fitted now and hope it works! I ended up paying full price for it but think in long run should still be good investment as would soon exceed this in buying and replacing collars and magnets or infrared collars for my 4.

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 10:35:40 AM »
I am very seriously considering ordering one of these Petportes - my cats are forever losing collars and with infrared or magnetic that means I am always replacing collars and magents so with 4 cats that can soon mount up. Perhaps in the long run would be better of with Pet porte. Anyone got any experience of it or could recommend another alternative before I splash out £100?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 16:39:17 PM »
You can deny access by not programming in the chip of that cat  :sneaky:

Its been about a while but as i dont actually need a cat flap i never did a price hunt.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 16:29:37 PM »
I think with it being so new it'll be hard to get it anywhere else, let alone cheaper! But if anyone does find it, I'd be interested in knowing how much you can get it for too. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 16:12:11 PM »
Just been reading about it - love the idea of not needing magnetic collar and not mattering if they lose their collar but would prefer if could be able to just keep one cat in say if need vet etc and not too keen on price! Anyone know of anywhere it can be bought a bit cheaper?

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 16:05:17 PM »
Think this is the one.

http://www.petporte.com/

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 16:01:12 PM »
Oh I haven't heard of that - sounds great - anyone know what it is called and is it mega expensive?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 15:58:50 PM »
If i ever get a cat flap im going for the one which reads microchips and auto locks after dark when all the programmed chips have returned home. :Crazy:

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
cat flaps
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 15:49:10 PM »
I have always used Staywell cat flaps and have had one of their magnetic ones before although the magnet in it gave up after about a year. I am now on the lookout for a new one for my back door (uPVC and no flap in it at present). I would prefer the magnetic type as we do have a cat flap in the garage door and have had 2 other cats using it in past. I also usually go for the 4 way locking ones. I saw an infrared one advertised on zooplus but has pretty mixed reviews. Anyone got any recommendations?

Link to CatChat