Author Topic: Your Cats  (Read 8884 times)

Offline Bobjay

• Adult Cat
Re: Your Cats
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 19:07:26 PM »
Beautiful pictures of stunning cats!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 18:54:50 PM »
I had always wanted a cat of my own but waited until I bought a place with a garden (I didn't know about indoor cats really) Kylie picked me at North London CP in February 2002. She was the only cat that wouldn't come out and when she did, she bit me!. I was don't know what it was but I think I liked her attitude.

I met OH in July that year and that is when I met Willow & Clapton. Dennis got Willow when he was in France doing his MBA. She was at a rescue with a warning card saying she had been nippy with children and had an attitude problem. When he moved to London and was working all day, he thought Willow might be lonely and that is when he got Clapton to keep her company. Clapton was found in a sorry state in Clapton Road (Hackney) so thats where the name comes from. Willow gives him so much grief but he is so gentle, he doesn't retaliate and just keeps out of her way (he hasn't learned yet that its not a good idea to sniff her bum  :evillaugh: )

Sorry, not brilliant pics as the others are on the PC in a cupboard

Willow top
Clapton Middle
Kylie third down
willow bottom

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 19:15:19 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 18:38:59 PM »
ok, well I'll not tell you about all 12 coz we'll be here all night LOL! but my oldest is Elsa, she's 20, I got her when she was 6wks old, and she was to 'replace' my lovely tabby Heidi who got run over. She was supposed to be a tabby like Heidi and from the same mum, but the lady I got her from wasnt too up on cat colours (nor was I then!) and said she'd got a tabby for me and I was just so pleased that I'd got her and thought - what an unusual tabby! - anyway as you can see from the pic, she's a dilute tortie - and completely different from Heidi - she's got attitude! - but I love her for it.

I've got 9 persians, several of which have come to me as older cats, some from owners who can't keep them anymore and some have come to me when their owner died. I've only got one cat under 10, this is an 'old puss cats home' here  ;D

Heres Elsa, and a few of the others!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline reneemaaa

• Adult Cat
  • Freya and Ivan
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 18:18:05 PM »
Beautiful photos.

Here are my two:

Freya is 2 years old. We got her a year and a half ago. She's still quite timid, but loves cuddles and food. She is the softest cat I've ever had with the sweetest (and most pathetic!) miaow. Seeing her trust us a little bit more every day is such a treat, especially because she was so shy when we got her. Her favourite time is in the mornings, when she gets to creep inbetween me and OH and get a big fuss, though she doesn't like Ivan getting in on the action.

Ivan is also 2. We've had him 11 months and he is a character. We got him the same day my parents cat died (who had been my cat when I lived at home) though this was just a coincidence, we had no idea Fudge was going to pass on. Ivan had a pretty grim start to his life, but he landed on his feet with my OH. They both adore each other. Ivan follows my OH round talking to him and getting him to play. Ivan is the noisest, most talkative cat I've ever had the pleasure to know. He's only little but he can certainly let out a lot of air!

I love both my babies to bits. I hope to have them with me for many more years.
A cat can purr its way out of anything!

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
Your Cats
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 17:09:44 PM »
I thought I would start a thread where everyone tells each other about their cats. There's a lot of new members and it would be nice to hear stories about how our kittys found us and why we love them so much  :Luv:

I'll start with mines---

Tilly - 11 months - She's my beautiful tortie (and white) girl.

Tilly found us last October with her brother, my baby Tom, who is now safe and sound at the bridge  :'(
I had just moved into my flat after moving out with my Mum and Dad, I needed some feline company  :innocent:
They were both the sweetest little mischievous kittens, discovering everything together and turning into beautiful cats.
When Tom passed away I was scared incase Tilly missed him too much, but I feel as if she understands what happened to him and now she takes care of my other babies.
Tilly is such a sweet, beautiful girl, she knows when somethings wrong and she'll come over and lie beside you giving you head butts and purring gently. She's my little angel  :Luv:

That picture was one of the last ones of them together. I miss Tom so much every day, but I know he's happy at the bridge, playing away all day with the other babes  :Luv:

Charlie - 5 months - He's my gorgeous grey and white boy, he's part maine coon, you can definetely see it in his personality  :Luv:
He's the most loving, caring cat I have ever known. Ever since he found us, he has been amazing. I have really never seen a more caring cat, he just absolutely adores people. Anyone who comes into my house, even people who aren't cat lovers, they adore Charlie  :Luv: He snuggles up to me at night in bed, keeps me company during the day, looks after me when I'm upset, he's so clever. Such a special boy  :Luv:

Finally - My special little lady - Missy - Around 8/9 weeks - This little girl was sent to me from my special boy Tom. After Tom passed away my Mum, who fosters cats and kittens, had a lady drop off this tiny black and white girl as she was unwanted and the women couldn't find a home for her. When I first seen her she looked at me and claimed me as her own. I took her home with it in mind that it would only be short term, but it isn't, it never was going to be. Missy's taken over the home, she adores Charlie and Tilly and she's brought so much happiness to our home after Tom left us.. She's so small, but such a wee adventurer, she jumps and climbs on everything, I don't think she realises how small she is sometimes. She has so much character and so much love to give. Right now she's snuggled into me fast asleep.

I'm so glad Tom sent me my baby Missy  :Luv: He's made his Mummy so happy and proud <3
I couldn't live without my cats, they are honestly so special to me, they are part of my family and everyone knows that. They bring me so much love and happiness, I don't know what I'd do without them <3

Link to CatChat