Author Topic: Your Cats  (Read 8891 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Your Cats
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2007, 23:52:12 PM »

Footnote- the nasty old alcoholic lady who had trapped Buster has been rotting underground for quite sometime.

:evillaugh: You are a woman after my own heart Teresa. Soft ashite but hard as nails for the right reasons  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 23:55:28 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2007, 23:25:42 PM »
thanks rosella, oh wouldnt that be wonderful  ;D

i do get squeak and a tail up if i follow her to the playroom and play but thats it  ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2007, 23:20:41 PM »
Both very beautiful cats Gill. Madam Sasa is of course my fave of the fab four and I hope one day you will be rewarded by a friendly head butt  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2007, 23:16:08 PM »
My Misa has been with me for nearly 2 yrs and is coming up to about 6yrs old...............although I suspect he is younger.

He came from CP where he had only just arrived with another cat and they had been called Bill and Ben, he was Ben. Both cats apparently belonged to an old lady who died and her family took on the cats but didnt really want them and they ended up being shut in a shed and then taken to be PTS, aged 4yrs old.

When I saw him he was hiding under the bench in the pen and soooooooo scared but he let me stroke him, Bill was asleep and a B & W shorthaired cat and I thought he looked a bit sickly although CP said he was OK.

I wanted a pair of cats but wasnt keen on Bill. Forgeot to say , I felt very guilty about taking Misa and not Bill and was gonna take him too when CP took me past the cattery two weeks later but they were happy cos Bill had also been rehomed, so I felt better then. They said that it was like the two didnt really know each other.

They then took me to see another cat who had been with them a long time and had been rehomed twice and brought back. She had been founf living with ferals and had had kittens. They thought she was a feral but after cleaning her up found she was an ex-domestic. They werent quite honest with me cos she was unhomeable because of her attitude and semi-feral but been locked in a pen for over a year. This was Sasa and I still cat touch her after nearly two years. She is coming up to about 10yrs old.

They said that they thought that Misa and Sasa would be able to live together but would prob never be best friends.

They are the best of friends and she goes up to Misa to get her head groomed and they love each other. They walk down the garden together paw in paw and she will come and squeak to him if she wants to go out or to play  ;D

Sasa gets terrified if she is shut in and somehow in the next 6 weeks I need to catch her to go to the vets which means that she will leave home for a temporary period but this does not help her to trust me and she has a very long memory.

Both Misa and Sasa learned that people were not nice and Misa is still scared of all people except me.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 23:34:50 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2007, 21:46:05 PM »
Aw Freddie "what a babe"  :Luv:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2007, 18:25:42 PM »
Whoops and Freddie age about 5ish from RSPCA October 2006 and Thomas age 17 1/2 from Old Cramar Cat Rescue in January 1990

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2007, 18:23:04 PM »
Sorry Theresa, only read about 3 lines of Buster's story and knew enough. Well done that boy for surviving such an ordeal. Don't know stories of Billy and Freddie's early life but Tom has pretty well had it pretty easy from the age of 4 weeks when he arrived with his mom 17 1/2 years ago.  My bunch are:

Billy Whiz age 3 this month from New Cramar Cat Rescue in April 2006

Offline Bobjay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2007, 13:06:57 PM »
What a wonderful story is Buster's! He looks in very good shape for a 22 year old who's had to go through what he has. Good on you Teresa for giving this dear puss his life.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2007, 12:07:10 PM »
Footnote- the nasty old alcoholic lady who had trapped Buster has been rotting underground for quite sometime

Good.  :rofl:

What a lovely tum Buster has  :Luv:

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2007, 11:14:49 AM »
Aww, what a wonderful story, he is very lucky to have ended up with you.
Please spay your cat

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2007, 11:05:59 AM »
I can never choose a cat of my own because so many rescues come in needing long term if not permanent care.
Buster is one such unhomeable, we affectionately refer to him as The President of Paws Inn despite the fact that Minimopsical has other ideas.
Buster`s story with us began almost 10 years ago when we got a late night cry for help from the vet nurse. An alcoholic 80 year old had caught Buster in a make shift trap the size of a small budgie cage,he had been in there 2 days as a punishment for stealing her cats food. The cage was so small he was unable to move,a piece of fish was dangled teasingly outside, poor Buster didnt even have room to toilet. He was in a very angry and sorry state.
For the next 7 months Buster bit and scratched me at every opportunity and I despaired of ever calming him,then one sunny July afternoon he decided we were ok people and overnight became a cuddlebum. Some lovely people offered Buster a home and he shot off down the garden and refused to come back until they had gone, this happened on more than one occasion, I think maybe Buster knew problems lay ahead and chose to stay. He had urinary problems with crystals and eventually when all treatment failed we were given the choice of PTS or a P.U. ( like a sex change)which at the time had a very low survival rate. We chose the operation and the rest is really history, it was discovered at the time of the operation that Buster had a grade 4 heart murmur and has spondylitis of the spine; he has been on monthly injections for years now and the vet advised against rehoming him.
Buster celebrates his Birthday on 8th December the date he was rescued, he will be 22 this year and a purrfectly lovable rogue.
Guess the moral to Buster`s story is never give up on behavioural problems, and certainly never be afraid to take on an older cat.

Footnote- the nasty old alcoholic lady who had trapped Buster has been rotting underground for quite sometime.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2007, 10:26:53 AM »
Wonderful pics of hte boys Helen.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2007, 19:39:03 PM »
Great thread Sarah, it's lovely hearing about other people's little ones  :) I wasn't going to post on here as I know I go on about my lot all the time but I couldn't resist!

Firstly - my angel, Tiggy  :Luv:  She was abandoned on a skip at just a few weeks old and came home with her brother to be handreared at just 4 weeks old.  She was everything to me, she was my first ever cat when I was 10 and we had almost 19 happy years together before she left for the Bridge.  Someone wrote this on her Rainbow Bridge tribute page, I think it sums up perfectly what we had together.

I think once in a life time we are touched by a kindred soul, someone whom we have a very special bond with, Tiggy was definitely yours...and will remain with you, in your heart, forever.

I lost Tiggy in February this year and a few months later I became proud Mum to the boys, Lucas and Riley.  They have bought some sunshine back into my life when it was so dark without her.  Not a day goes by when they don't make me belly laugh with their antics and I just need to look at them to break out into a big toothy grin.  Not only are they scrumptious but they have the most super little personalities and are ultra loving.  My boys....

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2007, 18:41:50 PM »
IT is - sadly, Photobucket isn't working so I can't share pics, but there is one of the two of them in my avatar. IT is a wonderful feeling, with Molly, it is watching her play, and with Tiger it is little things like her letting me stroke her without attacking - friend absentmindedly stroked her last night while she was sat on him, and got bit - fortunately she got his watch, but she carried on sitting there, bless her!! They dont particularly like each other sadly, but do manage to be in the same room as each other as long as they dont notice the other one!!

IT really is amazing the difference a home life can give an oldie, I wish more people would give them a chance (although it can be heartbreaking), and my only 'regret' (and one I have had a while), is that I can't help more at a time, but I always get at least one of the two that costs me a fortune!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2007, 18:40:36 PM »
We took him home with us - he fit in the palm of my hand, and was like "The Little Yellow Cat" on the Hula Hoops Ad (The cat came back, the very next day......  anyone remember that?)

"thought he was a gonna but the cat came back the very next daaaaaaaay!"

Certainly do. There was a long cartoon that went with the song that I used to have on tape. Fab!

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2007, 18:37:56 PM »
Thats lovely Desley, you must feel so proud when you see them becoming more comfortable etc  :Luv: How are they with each other?

Molly's story is beautiful, it's amazing how much a loving, permenant home can do for them  :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2007, 18:30:13 PM »
Some wonderful stories.

I will stick with the two current ones, otherwise I will be here for ages with all 8 of them!!

Molly had been at the rescue in the April I started fostering for them (can't remember how long she had already been there), and she was quite aggressive then, it sounded like she needed a home environment, so I offered, but she was so bad getting her in a carrier to bring her to me didn't seem fair. Then I got bogged down with fosters, so she spent the summer there. Come December, she was sleeping all the time, barely eating and moving, and the rescue didn't think she had long left, so I offered to take her to give her a home environment for what time she did have left. The rescue lady dind't think it was fair on her, but I was there that weekend taking photo's, and she sat on my knee, went to sleep and wouldn't move, so I was allowed to bring her home. 18 months later, she is still a happy, healthy cat, who loves to sleep under the duvet with her mum, and complains if she doesn't get what she wants!!

Tiger came to me via my vets, her owner had rang asking for an appointment for her to be pts cos she was too much bother. They obviously said no and rang me!! Despite being up to 5 (my comfortable limit), I couldnt' let her be pts, so I picked her up the day after!! She too was initially a foster, but when Pebbles died, it seemed daft not to keep her, she doesn't really like people, hates change and ran from most people, so finding her a home probably wouldnt have happened. She has started being more affectionate this week, I had a friend round last night and she even sat on his knee twice (got moved the first time), and mine once, so maybe she is a man's cat. But, last August when she came, she wouldnt' entertain sitting on people, yet this week has sat on people about 4 times, and each time has only moved cos she has been made to, so we are making progress with her too.

Makes me very proud when you see how well they are doing, and knowing that both might not be alive today otherwise.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bobjay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2007, 19:13:38 PM »
Some absolutely stunning cats, especially Mosi who really looks evry bit the star! Also that darling puss watching the telly! Great stuff! ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2007, 18:10:19 PM »
I was going to keep this is a secret..........but......................YES!! Well nearly! Rosie's 'Brother' is arriving tomorrow. He is a black bundle of fur called Bagpuss, 4 years old and FIV+. He is coming from the 9 Lives pet Rescue and I can't wait!! Will post piccies once he is more settled!

:cheer: Super news, how exciting  :wow:  We await pics  :evillaugh:

• Super Cat
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2007, 15:18:11 PM »
Clare he's gorgeous! Such a beautiful coat, you must be very proud  :Luv:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2007, 14:36:18 PM »
My boy adopted me in 2000.  I was living with my ex at the time and really wanted a cat.  When we split up 6 months later Max came with me, and I've happily been his slave ever since  ;D

He was picked up by CP as a stray, and tested FIV+ so is an indoor puss for that reason.   But you would never know that to look at him, he's the most energetic and playful little man, but also incredibly loving and follows his meowmy around most of the time for cuddles and food (not necessarily in that order), and loves to lie on my tummy in bed  :Luv:

He's my first cat, and I'm extremely proud of him.  I can't ever imagine not have a furry companion now, even when he's being naughty, which is often  :evillaugh:

Anyway, here he is with his favourite catnip cushion:

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 14:36:56 PM by clarenmax »

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline reneemaaa

• Adult Cat
  • Freya and Ivan
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2007, 10:24:38 AM »
Beautiful cats! I love seeing photos of other peoples cats and their stories.
A cat can purr its way out of anything!

• Super Cat
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2007, 09:30:47 AM »
She's gorgeous D  :Luv:

I think she knows she had a close shave (in more ways than one!) and that you saved her life.
Have you got her playmate yet?

Thanks Mark

I was going to keep this is a secret..........but......................YES!! Well nearly! Rosie's 'Brother' is arriving tomorrow. He is a black bundle of fur called Bagpuss, 4 years old and FIV+. He is coming from the 9 Lives pet Rescue and I can't wait!! Will post piccies once he is more settled!

Aww thats great news  :)

All the stories are amazing, I love hearing them  :Luv:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2007, 08:03:32 AM »
God yes.  Horrific.  It seems a lot of dog owners can't keep their dogs under control.  Makes me angry.

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2007, 07:46:53 AM »
Hi Sue P

Rosie was attacked by 2 Staffordshire Bull Terriers, that were let out on their own. She had severe injuries and very lucky to have made it! That is whu she is now an indoor cat as the Dog's owners cannot be trusted for it not to happen again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2007, 07:41:38 AM »
What happened to Rosie?  Interesting to see that she's made the transition from Outdoor to Indoor.  Can imagine how relieved you must be.

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 07:38:14 AM »

I think she knows she had a close shave (in more ways than one!) and that you saved her life.

Thanks Mark

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 07:41:07 AM by rosiesmum »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 07:20:15 AM »
Love this thread.  It's great reading about how everyone met up with their cats.  I think there's some sort of cosmic agency that works it all out.  And great seeing the piccies of little ones growing bigger, and rescue cats looking healthy and well loved.   :)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 07:13:14 AM »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 06:05:22 AM »
Rosie came to us when she was approx 10 weeks old. She belonged to a friend of my Son's at his school, but they wanted to get rid of her because they said the daughter was allergic. I had a feeling that they hadn't taken into account what they were going to do in the holidays when they were away as the Mum had been asking if anyone would look after her a few days before.

In the beggining Rosie was a very aloof cat. She would only come to you when she wanted, never sat on your lap, and if you ever talked to her, you would get 'the look!'.

She was in an accident a couple of months ago, and her personality has changed. She follows you everywhere, enjoys lot of affection and even sits on the edge of the bath, when you are in it! She adores my Son and waits outside his bedroom door for him to get up, then when he comes back from school, she won't leave him alone until she gets the attention and cuddles.

She is now an indoor cat due to the accident, but seems happier than ever.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 00:15:30 AM »
This is bound to be one of those epic threads... but what a brill one.

I always wanted a cat when I was small, but wasn't allowed to have one as my parents thought it would upset our gardening fanatic neighbour. When I hit 17 and started work, though, one day a rather strikeing silver tabby turned up and just walked in the house. This cat was an unneutered tom and had obviously travelled a long way off his territory. We tried endlessly to find where he'd come from, but with no luck. Pretty soon after, one day he came round with a big weeping gash on his shoulder. I wasn't going to let him suffer, so I scooped him up and took him to the vet. At the time, I was earning £35 a week. I had his wound seen to and had him castrated and the bill came to £32. That was it! That cat was mine! He lived for another 8 years and was absolutely besoted with me. He followed me from room to room, and would sit at the gate crying; waiting for me to come home when I went out. His name was Tooshy.

The thing with cats, especially 'vagrant' or neglected cats, is that they seem to find a way to get to people that can help them - or the lucky ones do! Within a year or so of my adoption of Tooshy, we had two others. Lucy, a very fiesty borderline feral, and Henry, a cast off from another family member. (who was living proof that gay cats exist! But that's another story....)

Word gets around, and more turn up... I've had people turn up with boxes full of kittens. Pleading appeals from locals who know me whose aunties have popped their clogs and they don't know what to do with little Felix. I found sick cats in the park, the street, the allotments. Most I've patched up and found homes for... If I had the room or the resources, I'm sure I'd be running a rescue.

The most perminant cats I had at one time is 5. These days, I limit myself to 2... but I'm getting broody!  :shy:

Jumpy I discovered dumped in some garages at around 14 weeks. He was cold, tired, covered in oil and starving. We never did track his owners. He's 12 now. Tilly was from Battersea, and one of only two cats I've ever gone out to seek. She's only got two teeth left, bless her, and if I'm giving them fresh food, I have to cut hers up. She was 8, (or so they say!) when we got her and that was 5 years ago... I think she's more likely to be around 15-16.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 21:34:18 PM »
What gorgeous cats and lovely stories!  

Before I got Jaffa I had never had cats before, not even as a child (had a dog and several hamsters).  I had several hamsters as an adult but really wanted a more interactive pet.  As I lived in a flat I didn't think it was possible to have a dog or a cat but I started buying cat magazines and eventually realised that keeping a cat indoors was doable, even if it wasn't very common in this country.  After about a year of reading everything I could get my hands on about cats, a work colleague got fed up of me talking about it but not doing anything!  After a few fruitless enquiries to the local rspca and cats protection branches, my colleague took me to a local rescue she had adopted dogs from.  We headed to the ktiten pens and there in one of them was a ginger kitten and 2 black and white kittens.  The ginger one was climbing up the door of the pen and my friend opened the pen and lifted the kitten out (she probably shouldn't have done that!).  She handed him to me and the little fella rolled over onto his back and gave me that "let's go home" look.  That was when I fell in love with Jaffa - there was no way I was leaving without him.  So on August 6th 1997 I took him and one of his brothers (Magpie - in my avatar.  Sadly he's at rainbow bridge now) home.  He was 8 weeks old.  He's a very special little boy and has been a right mummy's boy from the start.  When I got him home and lifted him out of the carrier he immediately rubbed against me and started purring  :Luv:  Here he is as a kitten and as he is now

After Magpie died in October 2005 I knew I wanted to get another cat eventually as Jaffa is the kind of cat who needs company.  I'd been in love with Abysinnian cats for years, ever since I read a breed profile of them in a magazine.  Their looks and personality are exactly what I like in a cat.  I'd dreamt of having one one day and now seemed a good time.  Although I always preferred short haired cats to long haired, Magpie was long haired (semi long haired) and I liked the idea of getting a SL haired cat again as a tribute to him.  When I discovered the Somali breed (long haired Abysinnians) they seemed ideal.  I went to the Supreme cat show in November 2005 with the aim of looking at the different breeds and chatting to breeders.  I loved all the SL haired breeds but the Somalis really caught my eye.  I also had a long chat with a friendly Somali breeder who gave me her card.  I went home decided that a Somali was the cat I wanted.  I spent the next few months reading up all about Somalis and looking at the websites of several Somali breeders to make sure it was the right breed for me and Jaffa, and then in January I looked on the website belonging to the breeder I'd met at the cat show only to see a litter of kittens that had been born on Christmas eve 2005.  I spent the next month fantasizing about them but not actually doing anything, and then fate took a turn.  My flat got flooded by a blocked drain and I had to move out for a couple of weeks while it was cleaned and new carpets were laid.  I took the opportunity to get some decorating done too.  When I moved back in everything was clean, tidy and kitten proof!  So what was I waiting for!  Expecting the kittens to be all reserved, I contacted the breeder about them (I'd also noticed 2 of them on the Somali cat club website).  She replied to my email explaining that the kittens lived with someone else, but she had bred the mum which was why they were on her website.  She forwarded my email to them, they replied that afternoon and I arranged to go and see them the next day.  When I saw the tiny bundles of fluff I fell totally in love with them and said I would have the red male.  A few weeks later Hurricane Mosi came home and over a year later he's still causing chaos.  But I love him to bits :)

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 21:31:25 PM »
Good thread Sarah  :)

We're lucky enough to have King Bilbo and Bagginspants as family. This is them after being rescued by Teresa ...

We saw them on Catchat after looking for a single cat to adopt. Once I saw these two that was it - I knew instantly they were my boys (I saw eye to eye with Bilbo straight away because I have one eye thats knackered too  :evillaugh:).

They've grown into the most fantastic and handsome furballs ever, and they never fail to make us smile and laugh every day ...

:) :prouddadsmilie:

From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 20:44:43 PM »
Hey - these photos are great!  

First cat we ever had was Suki - she was small and black and white.  She was literally blown in front of my OH's bus when he was driving on a very windy day.  She was tiny - less than 12 weeks old, we reckon.  The police station wouldn't take her.  We did, no-one claimed her and we had her four years before she disappeared.  I was heartbroken - and hooked.

Next came Paddy - taken to the pet shop just before Christmas, and stayed there on his own until the day after Boxing Day, when we just went "for a look"      The owner didn't want to re-home him over Christmas, but she felt sorry for him being on his own, because he liked to eat from her hand.  We took him home with us - he fit in the palm of my hand, and was like "The Little Yellow Cat" on the Hula Hoops Ad (The cat came back, the very next day......  anyone remember that?)

Then, two years later, Flynn arrived - he chose me.  He was part of a large litter - again, a week after Christmas when he came home with us.  Hardly sensible, but all of these babies were loved.  Paddy is the sole survivor now, bless him.  Flynn was my lost boy, and disappeared like Suki before him.  Cant post photos 'cos am a bit thick and big puta still not working properly    :(

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 20:39:25 PM »
Aww Mark you're right, he's a special wee guy. At least he's with you now and he's safe and sound  :) He's been through a lot poor little one <3

Ruth she's so alike Lexy! Fuddys a good name too  :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 20:18:21 PM »
Mark your cats are gorgeous  :Luv: Poor little Clapton, he sounds like a lovely boy, and puts up with so much  :evillaugh:  :Luv: The story behind his name explains a lot now :)

Thanks Sarah - Its funny as he doesn't even go after birds normally but about an hour ago he was chasing a seagull in the garden that was about 3 times the size of himm. Luckily it got away (they keep getting stuck in my garden) as he would have gummed it  :evillaugh:

He was living by a fish market and had allergic dermatitis and needed mouth surgery. His fur was thin and he overgroomed so much, bits were missing and you could see the bloody skin  :'( - Thats why it makes me sad that it seems just as he is getting over all that he gets CRF  :'( So he deserves the best  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 20:09:55 PM »
Fuddy looks just like Ralf who came over to NZ with me and my other animals. He was a friend's cat and travelled with me simply because it cost less (the big price is for the first animal and after that the cost is significantly reduced per animal. Anyway. His owner found she was not allowed a cat in her rented house, then that her new man hated cats and so on and so forth until I finally after 2 years of feeding, vetting, vaccinating etc at my expense, I chucked a wobbly and threatened to have him re-homed or PTS (which sadly she knew was an empty threat). Finally I just booked him on a flight and told her when he was arriving. Still she was not available. So next time I went to a meeting in her town I took him with me and suggested we meet for lunch.

Ralfster is a lovely cat with the sweetest nature out. BUT. He hated living with my menagery and made his feelings so pungently clear that I ended up having difficulty finding cat-sitter as the house smelled so bad. He is still alive and well and is pictured here in his mother's home... As you can see, he still likes me.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 20:02:05 PM »
Aw thanks Sarah. My mum had a B&W Sasha who went to the bridge about 10 years ago now, and she was wonderful. My sister, who's little bridge baby Fuddy was also a B&W. I can't bear to say her name as she was the best thing sliced bread to me, so special. So when Lexy looked at me it was like Fuddy was saying hey this is the one who wants you to take her home.

This is Fuddy. And yes. Her and Lexy could be twins.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 20:03:49 PM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 19:55:02 PM »
Mark your cats are gorgeous  :Luv: Poor little Clapton, he sounds like a lovely boy, and puts up with so much  :evillaugh:  :Luv: The story behind his name explains a lot now :)

Reneemaaa - Ivan is beautiful! His coat is so smooth and sleak, I love vocal cats, my little Missy still can't really get her miaow out  :rofl: She started purring the other day though and it made me so happy  :Luv:

Ruth, Lexy is beautiful, such a wee lady  :Luv: When I read about when you got her it brought tears to my eyes  :'( Looks like you were destined to be her Miaowmy  :)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 19:55:33 PM by Sarah (seldom_use) »

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 19:43:02 PM »
I met my baby Lexy on April 17th last year. She was at Battersea. I had no intention of taking a cat home, I just registered and thought I would come back when I had my house ready for a kitty.

Spent an hour in the cattery having my heart broken by each and every little one in there who had a sad story. Each one needed a lot of dedicated care which, as a non home-worker, I could not offer. 

I was going to walk out and in came one of the ladies, with a carrier and she guided this little black and white body into one of the pens. The little body crawled into the blanket, turned and just looked at me, clearly terrified.  I knew immediately she was the one. I didn't know her name, history or what she needed. The little blink she gave me was enough.

She has special needs but seems she wants to be an only cat and loves to sleep all day when I'm away and keep me awake all night.

This is my baby Lexy. My heart and angel. My little girl.

The first time I got a good hand rub is the first photo.
The prelude to the famous laptop seat photo is the second.
My favourite photo of her as my third. It captured her eyes so well.

Link to CatChat