Author Topic: Have ya fed animals/cats while on hols abroad? Post ya pics here  (Read 8039 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Have ya fed animals/cats while on hols abroad? Post ya pics here
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2011, 06:56:40 AM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  It's odd isn't it - similar things happen with us too when we go abroad. 

I've got to say, all of those puds in thepiccies are heartbreakers.  Beautiful, beautiful cats.   :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2011, 16:39:07 PM »
Hubby has just had a few days golfing in Spain and he too found cats, what I found so amusing was he was having a beer and caught one of them scratching his golf bag, he said it was like home from home  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2011, 15:22:23 PM »
Hubby and I have an ongoing joke now, where ever we go on holiday we attract cats, they always come straight up to us, other guests in Kefalonia also commented on it, and the little lady on my lap wouldn't sit on anyone elses lap.

Hubby has just had a few days golfing in Spain and he too found cats, what I found so amusing was he was having a beer and caught one of them scratching his golf bag, he said it was like home from home  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2011, 15:17:10 PM »
And this was a hotel cat in Antigua, she was very timid.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2011, 15:06:59 PM »
These are the Barbados cats from last year.

The first one was a hotel cat and was gorgeous.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2011, 15:05:26 PM »
And another...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 15:09:56 PM by Leanne »

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2011, 15:04:34 PM »
Oh wow only just seen this thread.

Here are some of my holiday cats from this year in Kefalonia, I find this island to be heart breaking in cat terms.

The little lady on my lap made me weep. I often think of her.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2011, 22:37:02 PM »
Well, after Bonnie being ill and my mum having a fall the other week and the Auction I've finally got around to finding some pics.

I adore allthe ones posted so far  :Luv2:

Unfortunately digital cameras weren't around when I took these pics. so they are not very clear.

Lot 1:
Dogs at my feet in Corfu
Dog and pidgeons in Venice

Lot 2:
The mummy dog being fed by my mother in our room in Greece
Me holding 2 or 3 of the pups and 2 in front of me on the towel I took down for them - you can see the rusty old bin that she actually gave birth to them in  :'(
Swans on the beach in Italy - my hotel wasn't far so I went back to get some bread rolls  :rofl:
The hotel owner's dog in Italy

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2011, 00:15:09 AM »
[
[/quote]

Did you go to Caleta de Fuste? We went there last year and the cat cafes made my holiday as I didn't have to go home worrying about the cats  :)

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,32099.msg575512.html#msg575512

A few of the cats that lived in the grounds of our apartments, they were all neutered  :)
[/quote]

I went to Jandia , at the stella paradise complex....i actually picked the hotel because it has lots of cats and Peacocks that come fo a wander in you  room if you let them :Crazy: :rofl:..it was ace, lots of wild parrots flying about and even had its own mini zoo...im thinking of going back with two of my kids (the est had a holiday in devon with nan) so if i do i will defo take my camea out at all times to captue that sunbathing cat :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2011, 18:47:25 PM »
Looked it up  :rofl: :rofl:  on google maps  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That made me laugh loads, thank you  ;D

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2011, 14:40:26 PM »
I always take a kg of dry food with me in my suitcase, this year we went to Ibiza and only saw one cat first of all but he was too shy to come near us. We went back the next day and left piles of food for him in various locations. While I was sprinkling it a gorgeous ginger cat popped out and started munching it, on the walk back to the hotel we went past again and found a hedgehog munching on it! On the last day I bought another big bag of dry from the supermarket and went to the spot where ginger was last seen. There was a gang of Spanish kids on bikes hanging around the exact spot  :scared: They were pretty intimidating but I couldn't bare the thought of ginger going hungry so I marched up to them, said excuse me as I pushed through their bikes and fed ginger - they must have been thinking crazy english cat lady  :evillaugh:

Lovely lovely pictures, sadly I am excluded from posting my cat holiday pics because I only ever go to Ourgate  :rofl:

Me too  ;D

I just looked up Ourgate on google maps  :-[ :doh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2011, 14:34:14 PM »
I always take a kg of dry food with me in my suitcase, this year we went to Ibiza and only saw one cat first of all but he was too shy to come near us. We went back the next day and left piles of food for him in various locations. While I was sprinkling it a gorgeous ginger cat popped out and started munching it, on the walk back to the hotel we went past again and found a hedgehog munching on it! On the last day I bought another big bag of dry from the supermarket and went to the spot where ginger was last seen. There was a gang of Spanish kids on bikes hanging around the exact spot  :scared: They were pretty intimidating but I couldn't bare the thought of ginger going hungry so I marched up to them, said excuse me as I pushed through their bikes and fed ginger - they must have been thinking crazy english cat lady  :evillaugh:

Lovely lovely pictures, sadly I am excluded from posting my cat holiday pics because I only ever go to Ourgate  :rofl:

Me too  ;D

I just looked up Ourgate on google maps  :-[  :doh:

We will need Algie, Noodle & Paws Inn pics if you have no holiday cats to share - it's in the :rules:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2011, 14:26:27 PM »
All thjese ferals are just sooooooooooo good looking  ;D

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2011, 14:15:18 PM »

Me too  ;D

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2011, 12:17:20 PM »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2011, 11:55:11 AM »
Me mom won a 2 week holiday for 2 to Spain in the early 1970s through League of Friends at local hospital.

She took her twin sister and the two of them spent the fortnight and the £50 spending money she won feeding ferals en Espagne.  I guess I know why I've got the moggnificent 7  :innocent:

Fab pics of holiday furries  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2011, 10:52:27 AM »
Oh Boy  :Luv2:  he reminds me so much of Paddy from the back  ;D

Offline Bren22

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Carrie, Harvey & Jess & fostermum for CCG and all my lovely pets on the bridge
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2011, 10:51:02 AM »
 8)I always seem to find lovely cats to feed while on holiday - this is Ginge at Polis in Cyprus, he kept getting into my bag, obviously wanting to come home with me.  This year when I went I stayed along the coast at Latchi where they have a scheme to neuter and release the cats.  When they've been 'done' they have a little notch in their ear so you know.  This means I didn't see any small kittens which is bad for me but good for the cats.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2011, 07:41:13 AM »
Wow - little beauties there!   ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2011, 07:36:42 AM »
after seeing the cats when i went away with my oh to fuerteventura i admit i was tempted HOWEVER the cats at the hotel were so pampered and fat they used to turn up their noses at offerings..the best moment was coming out of the reception to spot one HUGE fat white furr ball on a lounger on his back with his legs in a star stretch..bloomin sunbathing :rofl: :rofl:
I so wish id had my camera, everyone was coming over to see him but did he flinch, no just laid there airing it all in the full sun :Luv2:
it was great there as they have a rescue that puts feeding stations all over and if you like you can volunteer to feed them while you are there and they will bring you food packs as well!

Did you go to Caleta de Fuste? We went there last year and the cat cafes made my holiday as I didn't have to go home worrying about the cats  :)

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,32099.msg575512.html#msg575512

A few of the cats that lived in the grounds of our apartments, they were all neutered  :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2011, 07:13:43 AM »

Ah yes, LBC.  I almost remember that.   :evillaugh:  I'm ebarrassed to admit, me and me dear old Mum used to snigger at a wonderful old lady we knew who would save her money just to buy her cat fresh salmon to eat.   :-[  Now, at last, I fully understand, and owe that dear old lady an apology of enormous dimensions. 

Wish I'd seen that sunbather kitty  :evillaugh:

When we were in Tunisia, the hotels there all had a feral cat population, but they too put out little shelters for the cats in amongst trees and shrubs to keep off the worst of the sun, and they also had ladies who would go round putting out food for them.  Whether they were Mad Old Cat Ladies or hotel emplopyees was never clear to me.....  :evillaugh:

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2011, 23:33:31 PM »
well LBC (life before cats :evillaugh:) I used to think my moms friend was bonkers as every holiday she used to steal food from dinner (usually fish :sick:) and stash it in her bag and go off to find the hotels cats :rofl: but after seeing the cats when i went away with my oh to fuerteventura i admit i was tempted HOWEVER the cats at the hotel were so pampered and fat they used to turn up their noses at offerings..the best moment was coming out of the reception to spot one HUGE fat white furr ball on a lounger on his back with his legs in a star stretch..bloomin sunbathing :rofl: :rofl:
I so wish id had my camera, everyone was coming over to see him but did he flinch, no just laid there airing it all in the full sun :Luv2:
it was great there as they have a rescue that puts feeding stations all over and if you like you can volunteer to feed them while you are there and they will bring you food packs as well!
so different to a poor kitten i saw in egypt in august, the skinniest kitten i ever saw came out of a shop, i could/should have smuggled it home poor thing :(

Offline peejay1977

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Misty
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2011, 22:31:58 PM »
When we were in Greece in 2007 the hotel owner had a cat, seemed to get ignored but he/she was very friendly and I took an instant liking even though at the time I wasn't a cat owner. I did however find it amusing it liked drinking from the pool.....  :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2011, 17:39:30 PM »
She is so sweet  ;D

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2011, 17:18:10 PM »

Please feed me.

Ham lovely.

Alfresco dining.

Just a little nap in the shade.

This little one was very friendly in Menorca a couple of years ago.

:Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2011, 06:52:32 AM »
Such amazing piccies   :wow:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2011, 23:32:33 PM »
Stunning  :Luv2:

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2011, 20:46:24 PM »
I used to get told off by my mum when we were on family holidays because i'd only eat half of my dinner (usually it was grilled chicken!) with the full intent of feeding the local strays! hehehe!

Now that i'm an adult, I go out & buy food especially for them!

On holiday in Zakynthos in 2008, I met a lovely group of kitties, heres a couple of pics that I have to hand, I may post more at some point, they were little posers and I took LOADS of pics of them!  :)

We called this one Poppy -

And this is her brother Scratty -

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2011, 20:22:21 PM »
Great pics!  Mr Boss is a babe  :Luv:  Glad you had a good time. 

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2011, 18:20:11 PM »
Great pics  ;D ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2011, 13:31:42 PM »
Only coz you insist Tan and you iz da boss  :)  Madeira Spring 2008

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Have ya fed animals while on hols abroad? Post ya pics here
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2011, 12:42:27 PM »
 ;D ;D loving that we all do the same when we go abroad  ;D ;D  I ain't the only mad cat mum abroad then!  :rofl:

Coo imagine what it would be like if a group of us went over ha ha the shops would be sold out of cat food and the vets booked solid with neutering!!

I know Greece for one country is way way behind in our thinking and care for the animals. They are changing attitudes slowly and i have seen this in Rhodes this year compared to the past hols to Rhodes.  Greece has passed a law that it is illegal to poison animals now and last few years have more control of the stray dogs in kennels & ownership etc.  I know in Crete all the dogs owned had to have collars on by law and any that had not were taken to kennels to be rehomed. 

They still have a long long way to go in controlling the cat population and one of the probs in Greece is that when non Greek peeps go out there to help neuter etc the Greek vets take a disliking to that and have stopped it in some area's as it takes income away from them!!   :( 

Would be wonderful to see ya pics of the animals you've fed abroad  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:43:59 PM by Tan »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Greetings from Greece .... Tan is back with pics ....
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2011, 00:58:50 AM »
Mary, what a lovely thing to do.   :hug:
[/color]

Unfortunately it was in the days before digital cameras but I'll try and take a photo of my photos and post them asap.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 08:59:22 AM »
Wonderful pics Tan.  "Feed em while your'e there" for me too.  You do what you can and keep fingers crossed that others will do the same.

When we stayed in Nerja (Costa del Sol) a Ginger tom used to wake us at 6am each morning by standing with front and back left feet on french windows and other feet on iron gate that protected them and rattle them till we got his breakfast.

We let him in of course and he used to curl up on the throw on the settee for the day.  It was covered in ginger hairs  :-[ so when we were leaving I thought I would turn it over to hide the fact we were letting him in  :shify:  Yes of course the other side was covered in ginger hairs too  :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 06:56:44 AM »
Aw Tan!    Loving all of the photos - and OHMIGOD - the size of that bug!!   :rofl: :rofl: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

You've a generous heart  :hug: :hug: :hug:   I'm of the "give 'em a good feed while you're there" faction too I'm afraid, and whenever we've gone anywhere with colonies of cats I end up buying stuff for them or saving titbits of meat to give to them.

Mary, what a lovely thing to do.   :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 02:17:58 AM »
All very nice photos Tan - glad you had a great time.

The cats will survive, they will be used to not being fed as well as that all the time.  Still doesn't make it easy to leave them though.

There was a dog in the wood on the way to the beach when my mum and I were in Greece and it had pups in a rusty old barrel one night when there was a storm.  We always take old bath towels on holiday so we can throw them away when coming home but this time the dogs got them.  The mother also came up to our room and even jumped on my mum's bed.  I cied my eyes out when I left.  The Taverna on the road had cats but well looked after by the English couple who owned the Taverna.

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 00:59:02 AM »
Stunning cats but neutering would be a good thing I reckon  :innocent:  Just love that big Ginger  ;D ;D

Looks like you had a great time and loads of fun  ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Re: Greetings from Greece .... Tan is awol!!
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 21:48:33 PM »
Looks lovely there :) Anyone would think you were a crazy cat lady with all those cat pics :evillaugh:

:rofl: :rofl: i was called the cats mother by the cleaner  :rofl: :rofl:

me.... cat crazy ..... na  :shify: :evillaugh:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 21:47:29 PM »
 :rofl:  gowd help the next people in the same apt!! I had twice a day cats galore waiting outside front and back fro dinner and they all got fed.

Sometimes ya know i think it's not good to feed them as they get used to it for two weeks then i go but i just can't help it. Steve says i have a disease called Feederitis and i have to feed everything... the cats .. the fish in the sea .. the birds ....

What do you all think... is it best not to feed the cats when you go on hols or best to give them a good easy feed while you are there and hope they get built up for after you have gone?  In this case it isn't so bad as i know they get fed by the owners. They certainly weren't skinny!!   But I do worry that they get used to me feeding and then after i go they would be waiting for me and i am not there  :( :(  I wish i could have brought them all back.

One day Mia caught two lizards and brought them right in front of our balcony at back to her little Jess. She was teaching her to kill /catch prey to eat.  It was a bit funny to watch as the lizards were still very much alive and Jess let out a rather loud cry when one bit her cheek and just hanged on so she batted it off and continued patting it about. One got away and one was dinner.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Greetings from Greece .... Tan is awol!!
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 21:29:35 PM »
Looks lovely there :) Anyone would think you were a crazy cat lady with all those cat pics :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat