Author Topic: Something ive never quite understood is ..........  (Read 9145 times)

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
Re: Something ive never quite understood is ..........
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007, 18:20:54 PM »
but think of the germs they must be transmitting forever  :evillaugh:

Whateverrrrrrrrr
 :rofl:

each to there own innit if someones happy with there cats in the kitchen then so be it

MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2007, 18:18:49 PM »
but think of the germs they must be transmitting forever  :evillaugh:

great pic gillian however me thinks a bigger work top may be needed  now or were the newbies up there too ?

• Super Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2007, 18:17:57 PM »
What am I talking about "my house" its their's, they just let me live here as a servant.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Super Cat
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007, 18:17:13 PM »
that picture is just too cute  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
awwwwww were they all queing up for dinner ?  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
its a lovely picture  :Luv:
ive just shown it to my oh and he says its lovely too and its funny lol awwwww

ccmacey

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 18:16:22 PM »
What am I talking about "my house" its their's, they just let me live here as a servant.

Yes I rather them in the kitchen, I tend to clean the kitchen more.

Gillian that pic is fab, are they choosing what they want for dinner.  :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 18:19:01 PM by ccmacey »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 18:12:35 PM »
My trays are all in the kitchen, well, actually in a large walk-in cupboard in the kitchen. Its ideal - vinyl floor, silk painted walls for easy cleaning. Much rather have trays in the kitchen where everything is easy to clean.

My cats go wherever they like and I wouldnt have it any other way - cats on worktops? yep, some sleep up there and heres a pic of my little helpers - think I should call this pic 'Too Many Cooks'  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 18:11:43 PM »
My cats go all over the house whats mine is theirs and whats theirs is there own. I dont even get my bed to myself.

Bit like our house then.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

ccmacey

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 18:09:25 PM »
As with having a baby I wipe surfaces and give everywhere a good clean before making food. I have a hooded tray in the kitchen and clean that asap if any nastys are left in there. My cats go all over the house whats mine is theirs and whats theirs is there own. I dont even get my bed to myself.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 18:09:12 PM »
if there were pet hairs and wee and pooh about .              

Please don't think all our houses are full of cat hairs, wee and poo they are not and if you came  to mine you would not tell I had cats unless you saw them and the trays (that are always  cleaned immediately, unless we are out)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 08:01:27 AM by Ela »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 18:04:34 PM »
I would prefer not to have trays in the kitchen but our bathroom is so tiny we couldnt fit them in there! Also i dont think my dad would want to sit in the bath and look at a cat poo!
I have one in my bedroom and 2 in the kitchen.

With 6 cats with no manners we dont do food prep on the surfaces, we use chopping boards instead.
Im sure at night they sit on the table  :shify:

• Super Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 17:46:38 PM »
Lynn : ur dogs live in the kitchen ???all the time????
so at night there two dogs and a cat in the kitchen? what about the other two cats ? do they sleep in the kitchen too?

i dont wish too offend anyone
and if any one takes offence at this then im truely sorry as its just my opinion
BUT ...... litter trays in the kitchen is unhygenic !
any kind of sh :censored:t shouldnt be in the same room as where food is prepared
for example if it was a restaurant or cafe kitchen it would be closed down if there were pet hairs and wee and pooh about . :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 17:43:25 PM »
virkon solution. My cats are cleaner than a lot of my guests   

You can't better Vircon can you? We often use that as of course do many vets.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 17:35:54 PM »
Its the only way. Willow can't go downstairs as she gets attacked by kylie. I can't have it in the guest dining room - so the kitchen is the only place - it is a HUGE room though so nowhere near any food prep areas. My kitchen is a former victorian doctor's surgery - complete with all the original oak cupboards and even a bakelite "next please" bell push. There is always clean litter and is is regularly wiped down with "bugs away" and washed out with virkon solution. My cats are cleaner than a lot of my guests   :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 17:36:43 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 17:29:50 PM »
You have a litter tray in the kitchen of your B&B?
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 17:20:27 PM »
Codys hooded tray also in kitchen but it doesnt smell, gets scooped and cleaned lots etc and i use wbcl which is great for odur control anyway.

Know what you mean Lynn I have 5 trays, i in our bedroom, i in the little bedroom , 2 in the hall and one in the kitchen and apart from when Jessica has done her 'cows backside trick' visitors would not tell by smell we had any trays. As soon as one is used it is cleaned out if it is a dump, and the urine does not smell with the wood litter or WBCL. The only cat that ever went on the kitchen tops was Peewee, and every night we used to put that see through plastic stuff (carpet protector) on the tops.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 17:20:22 PM »
Willow spends a lot of the time in the kitchen. Like others, I always wipe the top down with "bugs away" or similar before any food prep. Willow also has a covered litter tray with flap in there as its the only place she can have it. She has to live on the ground floor and the others live in the basement. We have fire doors but theyare always propped open (don't tell the fire brigade :evillaugh: ) so the cats can wander. I don't see what the difference is. Is a cat in a dining room where peaople eat any different to a cat in a kitchen where food is prepared?
The environmental officer said its fine having cats in the kitchen as long as they are kept out while cooking breakfast for guests. Anyway, my cats are cleaner than a lot of people  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 17:10:32 PM »
I agree that cats on worktops aint great BUT..try telling that to the codster and cause we all love him so much he gets off with it somehow.  Having said that we do put him off the one beside the cooker or where i prepare food and let him on the other one where the draining board is and the kitchen window. We cant really chastise him too much because i leave his food on the draining board each night so the mutleys dont eat it so it must be confusing for it to be ok on one side of kitchen but not other.

He sleeps in kitchen (gets shut in their at night) because he has to be locked out of all bedroom due to peeing on duvets and if he's not in kitchen he scapes at the doors which isnt good for us and certainly not on with the children.

Codys hooded tray also in kitchen but it doesnt smell, gets scooped and cleaned lots etc and i use wbcl which is great for odur control anyway.  Out of choice i wouldnt have it in there but as we have had to gear the kitchen up for him and his nightly requirements his activity tree and bed etc all in there aswell (yep kitchen is pretty big LOL)

Dogs also live in kitchen for a few reasons which stemmed from necessity when logan was a puppy and had a problem where he had to be restricted to one room only and no excersise.  He now does wall of death with over excitement when allowed into livingroom and last time we took him through he bounded and jumped to land on sofa but went 2 ft above the back and soared over into a pile on the floor (not great for a dog with hind quarter weakness) If we let tom through and not logan, L whimpers and whines incessantly..both are acustomed and happy with their arrangement altho i think deep down tom probably does long for the sofa again LOL.

The kitchen is the easiest place to clean  i  guess thats why many people use that room.

I am very much looking forward to having a house with a kitchen and family room all together which means we are likely to spend much more time there altogether leaving the living room for "good"  & a utility room for the trays.  ;D

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 17:09:13 PM »
I have one of those heavy fire doors so the kitchen doors is always shut ,

i keep the water bowls and food bowls in one end of my dinning room
and the table and chairs are at the other end of the room .

as for litter trays
i have two hall ways one when u come in the front door
the other one is between the kitchen and bathroom
i keep the litter trays in the second hall way .

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 17:07:32 PM »
Max is allowed all over the house, he lives there too  and is an indoor only cat anyway, so I don't believe in banning him from anywhere  :rofl:  I wouldnt be able to enforce it anyay as the little monkey always finds away around closed doors  :rofl:

I'm quite lucky I guess in that he doesn't generally jump onto worktops, but if he did when I was out, I wouldn't have a problem with that, I just make sure I anti-bac the surfaces every night before I prepare food  ;D

The litter tray and his food bowls are all in our kitchen though, its a big room so its totally the other side to any of my preparation areas, and its a case of needs must.

The amount my boy grooms himself, he's probably cleaner than the o/h  ;)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 17:09:57 PM by clarenmax »

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 17:04:40 PM »
Mine are shut out of the kitchen as I don't like the idea of cats on worktops. If they do go in the kitchen (due to Bilbo opening the door and coming in if we are in there for a long time) it is only for a few mins and obviously we are in there too and they don't go on the worktops. Bilbo only goes in so he can sit in front of the washing machine in case we switch it on for him as he adores watching it lol.

I fully agree about litter trays in kitchens, I think it's horrible. I keep mine in the bathroom as it seems a sensible place if you think about it. My friend was highly amused when she was babysitting the cats for me and went to use the human 'litter tray' and Bilbo followed her in and went in his tray lol and Tigger just sat and watched them both to make sure everyone flushed and covered  :rofl:.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Tracey

• Adult Cat
    • KatMaid
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 16:55:51 PM »
Blimey if i kept my cats out of the kitchen i would spend 1/2 my life trying to do just that, the crafty sods! I just make sure before i prepare any food, i give the surfaces a good clean down. The cats tend not to walk over the surfaces anyway, just the 1 by the sink to get to the window to be nosey
KatMaid..Staffordshire cat sitter
www.katmaid.co.uk

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 16:53:42 PM »
All I can say is Peewee always slept in the kitchen and we are all still alive and healthy. I always have a water bowl in the kitchen and my cats are allowed in and out as they please.  All our to surfaces are thoroughly cleaned before any food preparation.

st feb we had a brand new kitchen fitted and from then onwards not one paw has set foot in there
im very particliar about hygiene and like my kitchen clean and germ free and basically immaculate

I had a new kitchen last June  and we consider ourselves very hygienic, Also when we had our Boy (Badger) we used to leave the back door open for him to nip in and out. My husband was forever washing the kitchen floor, but he didn't care as long as our boy was happy.

and as for having a litter tray in the kitchen      thats too much

You wouldn't want to come to our house then. 

To be honest I expect family's with children have just as many hygiene probs and those with only pets, you know what kids are like and where there hands go.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 17:03:04 PM by Ela »

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 16:51:12 PM »
Our boys are allowed everywhere ... its probably more unhygienic having me in there than them.

I would consider myself a bit of a cleanfreak in the kitchen, but I wouldn't shut them out.
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

• Super Cat
Something ive never quite understood is ..........
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 16:45:51 PM »
Im always hearing people say "oh he sleeps in the kitchen at night "
or "we keep him in the kitchen while we r out "

or " he isnt allowed in the living room because of our new sofas "

what i dont get is why on earth would u let an animal sleep in a kitchen where food is cooked and served

yet not let the animal in the living room where people just sit and watch the box

as ive said before all my animals are totally banned from the kitchen FULL STOP !

i use to allow them access to the kitchen when they wanted but the hairs i found on the worktops etc was just not hygenic imo
last feb we had a brand new kitchen fitted and from then onwards not one paw has set foot in there
im very particliar about hygene and like my kitchen clean and germ free and basically immaculate

i find the idea of an animal dog/cat sleeping in the kitchen awful!

and as for having a litter tray in the kitchen  :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: thats too much  :sick: :sick: :sick:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 16:47:28 PM by forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa) »

Link to CatChat