Author Topic: Not having a good day  (Read 8957 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Not having a good day
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 03:26:35 AM »
It's now 3.26 am and this is doing my head in, I'm knackered but feel soooo wound up  :censored:  :censored:  I really don't know what to do  :Crazy:  My heart is telling me one thing and my head is telling me another  :'(  :'(  I think I may take her in, and if she's x number of weeks, tell them not to do her  :tired:   :help:  What do I do  :'(  :'(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 02:33:12 AM »
Dawn hon if you need a maternity ward feel free to yell me I have the time room and patients plus am up all hours to mop furry brows lol. Seriously though if you need a place for one of the expectant mums I can help out with space.

You may regret saying that  :evillaugh:  I'm still so undecided on the latest I've trapped, she looks so petrified bless her  :'(  :'(  I may take her in and get them to see how far gone she is  :(  She may be deceiving as she's fluffy and both her and the other cat that's just had kittens do look quite big generally.......she isn't hissing or spitting but her eyes look soooooo frightened  :'(  :'(  It's such a shame that I can't feel her tum, this would make things so much easier  :'(  :'(  I think I need to go to bed and have a think in the morning..........I've not managed to trap any of the others this evening so poor Otis will be going in in the morning if I can con him into the cage  :sneaky:  The traps will be set again at 7.30 in the morning so hopefully I will have one or both males from the colony but sods law, they will be inconspicuous by their absence  :censored:  It's amazing how when you want certain ones, they never show up and the one's you don't want end up in the traps  :shify:  I've been trying to trap Otis since I came in at about 11.45 and I've had every bloody cat in the house in the trap apart from him  :rofl:

Offline Catswhiskers

• Adult Cat
  • Tabby, Franco and Willow
    • Fibro fighters
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 00:49:37 AM »
Dawn hon if you need a maternity ward feel free to yell me I have the time room and patients plus am up all hours to mop furry brows lol. Seriously though if you need a place for one of the expectant mums I can help out with space.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change....

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 18:57:55 PM »
The scruffy ginge is absolutely gorgeous  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:  His fur looks quite matted but what a beautiful cat  :Luv:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 19:02:03 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 18:48:14 PM »
Poor scruffy ginge xxx  Wishing you all the very best at trapping them and getting them seen to. xxx :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 18:40:47 PM »
I've managed to catch the pregnant one and she doesn't look to be too far off giving birth.  She is gorgeous and is the sister of Georgie who was one of the kittens I rehomed a couple of years ago....an absolute babe  :Luv:  :Luv:  I've been chatting to a lady who feeds the cats as well as the other people, she has told me one of the tom cats visits her house every evening and actually goes into her kitchen with the mum cat.  The mum has been spayed but the grey tom was one that I never managed to trap when I was doing the others........he is gorgeous but wild  :Crazy:  Also whilst there, I saw a long haired scraggy ginger, I've never seen him before and apparently he's only turned up in the last couple of weeks.  I've made a few enquiries and up to now, I haven't found an owner......he's very timid so may be a feral, I'm going to try and trap him and check to see if he's been done.......if not, he can go in for the chop as well.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 15:38:28 PM »
Dawn you are more than welcome, even the nastiest feral will calm down took our Hissy Holly 3 weeks to learn bed for sleeping grit box for other!

She was then let out the cage and mastered living inside with us for a very short 8 months but catnip and treats helped this wonderful hissy feisty tabby.

Diva took to it she was a Mum with 3 kittens and she is still with us, her kitts are now in wonderful homes and Watson and Sherlock the boys are sweethearts, Moriarty now called Jadzea is a Klingon queen and shreds all who look at her but another fosterer thinks she is the best thing in her life so all 4 landed on their paws and you will as always do your best for you and the feral lady!!!! :hug: :Crazy:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 13:33:39 PM »
Thanks Liz  :hug: I've taken the traps over this morning and left them with food in and the guy is going to give me a ring if any go in.  I've seen the pregnant one and she looks to be big so sadly she will have to be caught to have her babies and then try and release her back again.  If she'd have been just showing, then it's easier to deal with.......nearly full term is still something I can't deal with.  I will have to see how she reacts to being caged when I get her and take it from there.  I will update later if I manage to catch any of the little blighters, there are 2 toms there and a kitten that's about 5 months........hopefully they will go in later and they can all be done.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 13:34:20 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 08:46:38 AM »
Dawn

Everyone respects what you do and the decisions you make and in the feral world you make a difference you try and help them and that takes a special person and hey kid thats what you are!!

Ferals ae never the easiest things to form a bond with but you have a special way with them as we do thats why we have 20 in our mob and 2 pending to become ours.

Financial constraints and emotional aches can even take out the strongest person and as Lainey says we can't save them all no matter how hard we try, but anything firtunate to come your way will be a special baby and have all the love you can give it even if it does shred you and thats sometimes the nice ones!

Dawn you are a wonderful person but even you need time to mourn your special ones and perhaps saying no breaks your heart but even you wear your underwear under your clothes!!

Take care and and our thoughts are with you during this time and always

Liz and the Mob :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 23:27:59 PM »
Thanks Lainey, I think I've made my decision already  :'(  :'(  I'll be going over tomorrow to trap a couple of them from the colony and hopefully one will be her.  If she's too far gone, then I'll have to have a rethink and see what Sean thinks.  I know it's easy when you are not involved to say save them all.........I repeatedly say this to myself but sadly it's not possible  :'(  :'(  I am struggling financially and also emotionally, I don't think peeps realise how much doing rescue actually gets to me........I have been in floods of tears tonight over Minnie and also trying to wrestle with my emotions dealing with pregnant ferals  :'(  I have to think of the cats and put my feelings aside.........I am totally against abortion, human or animal but the trauma of caging a feral is much worse than having her spayed.  If she's early on, she can go back home next week and enjoy life as she should.......I will just have to deal with my emotions as I have any other time  :'(  If I allow her to have the kittens and leave her where she is to trap her at a later date, anything can happen.........I've done this before and kittens have disappeared or been found dead, this is another side to it you have to deal with  :'(  I also have another female in this colony that I have to do this to as she's already had her kittens somewhere, hopefully they will all remain safe until they are caught in a few weeks.  Last year, I would have took in every pregnant one or found placements for them but that was always my heart ruling my head and because I wasn't strong enough to make the "right" decision.........after seeing so many ferals physically shaking after they are caught, I feel awful putting them through the trauma of them keeping their babies, just to ease my conscience........I have decided I will do what is best for her, not what will make me feel better.

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 21:43:59 PM »
Dawn, regarding our telephone converstaion earlier.  I think in these circumstances you have to be a realist, I know how much this takes out of you emotionally but you cannt save them all, sadly.  I know people think that kittens are wonderful but they do grow into cats and there is a possibility that they will end up homeless like so many others.  We all know that there are way too many cats and not enough people to care for them.  One more does make a difference, especially if its one more thats pregnant.  Space is limited, funds are limited and potential good homes are limited.  It may be easy for me to sit back and say all these things but I know how much you struggle Dawn and I know how upset you get for all these poor creatures.  Some times you have to let your head rule your heart and be practical with regards to what is best for the cat, the colony and your own emotional and financial resources.
I am so sorry that you have to go through these difficult decisions and wish I could be of more help to you, you will always have my support and my admiration for what you do.
You take care chum xxx

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 12:29:01 PM »
I think you have to take the pregnant one in Dawn -
She needs somewhere safe to have her babies and then at least you can get her spayed and safe her going through this again.

Good luck hun - you do a fantastic job

xx

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 12:04:42 PM »
Dawn, better to have the kittens in a safe environment away from danger and you always can squeeze in one more and if the introduction back to the colony is an issue I'm sure you could find her altenative digs!!!!

Good luck in whatever you decide and as always its a hard decision but you will make the best on for the circumstance no matter how much it hurts as you always do :hug:

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 22:39:02 PM »
Awww Dawn, I'm so sorry to hear you are having a rotten start to the week! :'( I'm sure you'll make the best decision you can with all the facts and information you have.   :hug:
A home without a cat is just a house!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 21:45:04 PM »
Ah right - that does make it tricky then.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 21:44:24 PM »
So sorry I cant help cos you seem overwhelmed at the moment. I am sure you will make the right decision for all concerned .

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 21:43:16 PM »
Space could be made but part of the problem is taking her away from the colony.  She would have to be away a good few weeks and introducing her back again may be a problem  :'(

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 21:38:41 PM »
i would see how far gone she is personally - but do you have space for a pregnant cat?
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 21:37:11 PM »
Fingers crossed you can come to a good solution Dawn.

I know the decision I should be making, but the question is, can I  :'(  :'(  My head really won't deal with it this week  :'(  :'(  I need to see how far gone she is really or do I just take her.........I knew this was going to be one of those weeks  :censored:  :censored:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 21:21:06 PM »
Fingers crossed you can come to a good solution Dawn.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 21:01:31 PM »
It would be great if I could just wave a magic wand  :'(  I think I feel worse after the 4 that I took in last week and the fact Minnie isn't well.........with a few things going on, I think it makes it harder to deal with and makes you feel more vulnerable  :'(

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 20:49:58 PM »
Hi DD

Wish i can give ya advice what best do to hun, me love and thoughts are with you and i know you will do what's right for them all hun  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Not having a good day
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 19:56:53 PM »
Got some more cats that I have to sort and I've just been to where they are on the way back from the vets, one is pregnant and one has just dropped kittens somewhere  :censored:  This is getting to be an utter nightmare  :censored:  I've got 3 booked in on Thursday, one from the scrapyard, one of my feral males and I was hoping a female from this place.......I hate all these bloody decisions  :censored:  I obviously can't get the one that's dropped kittens in but what do I do about the pregnant one  :Crazy:  There are also 2 males there that need sorting so they're gonna have to be sorted next week unless any go in my traps on Wednesday.  My head is scrambled with them all this week but I can see I'm going to have the awful decision to make again  :'(  :'(

Link to CatChat