Author Topic: Not having a good day  (Read 8956 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: Not having a good day
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2007, 10:56:05 AM »
Otis is gorgeous  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2007, 10:40:44 AM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:aww he is lovely
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2007, 09:19:44 AM »
Otis is a real looker Dawn  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2007, 08:53:57 AM »
He is very handsome bless him and he knows it  :Luv:  :Luv:  I think he's got that look that's saying "mum, what have you let them do to my bits?"  :rofl:  It has had the desired effect though, at least for the moment........I've had no more squeals off my younger babes since he's had the chop  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2007, 07:46:06 AM »
What a handsome lad. Hopefully he will calm down and be a soppy lap cat now  ;D
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2007, 00:55:21 AM »
Here's a pic of the now nutless Otis  :Luv:   :Luv:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 00:56:59 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2007, 01:06:53 AM »
The gorgeous Otis is absolutely fine........I don't think he's quite forgiven me yet but he was pleased to be home, he came out of the carrier as if he had a rocket shoved up his behind  :rofl:  Rosella, I fell in love with Otis the first time I laid eyes on him.......I adore grey tabbies and yes, I suppose he is that bit more special now because of Minnie   :Luv:  :Luv:  I'm not sure whether he'll ever quite become a cuddle monster but the way Boston is with us a few months down the line, there is hope  :Luv:  Sometimes they take weeks, others months and in some cases a couple of years.  Tiger, one of my other ferals is an absolute babe now, I've had him about 5 years and he adores his fusses and dribbles for England........he is now the typical mither bum and he's heart warming just to watch and see how happy he is.  He is definitely top cat but all the others adore him.......he is usually the instigator when it comes to wanting a fuss and then the shyer one's eventually tend to follow suit.  I'll get some more piccies of Otis the next couple of days.

Des, I'm only joking about the alcohol  :evillaugh:  Me and alcohol don't mix, one drink and I'm usually p***** so it is extremely rare that I do have a dabble.  Even on the very rare occasions I go out with my mates, I usually drive anyway to avoid getting tempted..........I'm a boring cow really as I hate hangovers and I like to remember what I've been doing, not that I do anything anyway but just in case  :evillaugh:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2007, 20:29:01 PM »
Dawn - dont go down teh alcohol route, means you cant do as much driving in the daft hours!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2007, 20:13:40 PM »
Hi Dawn

I'm sure Otis is much loved for who he is but perhaps the fact that he is Minnie's Bro makes him that bit more special at the mo.

Hope losing his nuts will in time turn him into a cuddle monster.  Your Boston sounds so much like our Billy Whiz who, 12 months on, is still only approachable when his tail is raised or his eyes are half closed and then only with care. I remember so well the warm feeling when he first allowed us to stroke him but it was initially only when we stroked Aslan RIP babe.  Hope Otis now home and recovering well  :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2007, 18:10:58 PM »
Yay!  :yayyy: :yayyy:

Another pair bites the dust  :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2007, 12:41:23 PM »
I've just spoken to the vets and Otis is now nutless  :evillaugh:  He's fine and is now recovering so I can pick him up later  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2007, 12:11:08 PM »
Some of the ferals are strange little characters  :Luv:  I've got one here called Boston.  For so long he was a feisty little buggar and used to give you a whack at 100 miles an hour  :rofl:  He used to venture into the kitchen at night with Tiger and Bailey who are also feral, and he'd sneak in between them whilst I was giving them a fuss but he always kept his eyes shut  :Luv:  :Luv:  He used to have me in stitches, as soon as he opened them he would be off like a little rocket.........2 minutes later, he'd be back again  :rofl:  Eventually he started opening his eyes whilst I stroked him but would always be on the hop, one slightest move wrong he would be off.  Now he will climb on my knee and have a long fuss, and if I'm fussing any of the others he will swipe me to get me to show him some attention..........he is absolutely gorgeous.  Another I've got here is Jasmine, she's a dark tortie/white but was a definite loop.  She is obsessed and I mean obsessed with my Maine Coon Billy..........she gazes and flirts with him so lovingly and he totally blanks her  :rofl:  The only time I used to be able to get near her was when she was rubbing herself against the uninterested Billy and I did it sneakily.  Once you started fussing her, she goes into ecstasy but it's taken a few months for her to allow us to fuss her when Billy isn't in sight or she's not eating........she is still a little wary but if you manage to touch her before she runs off she will let you fuss her all day long........she's a funny little madam  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »
well i'd think before he sits as calmly as that even if he doesnt like you close i reckon he must be a fairly hopeful candidate for taming.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2007, 11:53:27 AM »
He's a pretty laid back sort of cat unless you go near him  :)  He keeps his distance from everyone apart from when his hormones are raging and he's having his wicked way with my younger babes, and the little monkey will carry on in front of you looking all innocent.......this is usually when you can get closest to him  :Crazy:  I'm hoping once he's been chopped, he will calm down a little or at least let me have a sneaky stroke........for so long I've wanted to get near him but the only way of doing this is when he's caged and he really doesn't appreciate it  :doh:  I'm sure one day he'll tame down a little.......I love him so much but I just can't get through to him that I just want to cuddle him  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2007, 11:45:33 AM »
Ive just had to read through a heap of posts as i saw the pic of otis and didnt think he could be feral, he looks so calm and relaxed having that pic taken..he's lovely.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2007, 11:32:37 AM »

great to se you are still living up to your name as the De-nutter  :rofl:
Otis is a real hunky lad.
My heart goes out to all these poor homeless babes, when I think of how much mine have and spoilt they are  xxxx

You know me and nuts Gail, I can't resist them   :shify:  Cracking them that is  :evillaugh:  :rofl:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2007, 11:29:15 AM »
Otis is stunning Dawn!!

I have to agree with you on that one Des.......he is one that will be staying  :Luv:  :Luv:  You wouldn't believe it but Otis was Minnie's brother  :Crazy:   He's never allowed me to touch him but he's full of character and spends all his time causing mayhem  :rofl:  He's now in the vets being denutted  :evillaugh:

great to se you are still living up to your name as the De-nutter  :rofl:
Otis is a real hunky lad.
My heart goes out to all these poor homeless babes, when I think of how much mine have and spoilt they are  xxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2007, 11:13:05 AM »
Otis is stunning Dawn!!

I have to agree with you on that one Des.......he is one that will be staying  :Luv:  :Luv:  You wouldn't believe it but Otis was Minnie's brother  :Crazy:   He's never allowed me to touch him but he's full of character and spends all his time causing mayhem  :rofl:  He's now in the vets being denutted  :evillaugh:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2007, 07:11:09 AM »
Otis is stunning Dawn!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2007, 23:52:26 PM »
I wish I knew how do do that - could cause all kinds of mischief  :evillaugh:

:rofl: Not really as it puts your name on the bottom so they know who's been fiddling  :shify:

The feral cat has eaten her chicken bless her, so I've given her some more.........I'm so pleased as at least I know she won't starve herself through stress.  Hopefully I can get some pics of her tomorrow without scaring her too much  :Luv:  :Luv:

Spoilsports  :(

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2007, 23:03:11 PM »
How the flaming heck did you manage that???????? :Crazy: :Crazy:

You're no fun :P :rofl:

I think when I clicked on quote, I pressed save rather than post  :Crazy:

When I say my cats will be the death of me, you should say "awww no", not can I have your Maine Coon when you die   :sneaky:  :rofl:

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2007, 22:56:55 PM »
How the flaming heck did you manage that???????? :Crazy: :Crazy:

You're no fun :P :rofl:
A home without a cat is just a house!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2007, 22:55:32 PM »

:rofl: Not really as it puts your name on the bottom so they know who's been fiddling  :shify:

The feral cat has eaten her chicken bless her, so I've given her some more.........I'm so pleased as at least I know she won't starve herself through stress.  Hopefully I can get some pics of her tomorrow without scaring her too much  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2007, 22:50:55 PM »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2007, 22:48:31 PM »
Don't know what happened there but my post is on yours  :Crazy:  :Crazy:  :rofl:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 22:49:12 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2007, 22:45:21 PM »
yes Dawn, CATS are relaxing, untamed mini tigers are not!!!! :rofl: When you die can I have your maine coon? :evillaugh:

No you bloody can't you cheeky mare  :censored:  :censored:  :rofl: 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 22:47:35 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2007, 22:42:12 PM »
aww, he's gorgeous Dawn! You know, you really should take up a hobby, it would relax you  :rofl: :rofl:

I thought cats were meant to be relaxing or so everyone keeps telling me  :rofl:  :rofl:  Talk about theraputic, mine will be the death of me  :Crazy:  :Crazy:

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2007, 22:40:41 PM »
aww, he's gorgeous Dawn! You know, you really should take up a hobby, it would relax you  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2007, 22:36:57 PM »
Oh well, a BIG bar of choc then  :evillaugh:

That will do nicely..........but I've ran out  :censored:

I'll treat myself to some tomorrow  :Luv:  Here's a pic of the gorgeous Otis, he is a grey tabbie.......such a stunner  :Luv:  I'll have to take some better pics of him as this pic doesn't really do him justice.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2007, 22:27:41 PM »
Oh well, a BIG bar of choc then  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2007, 22:24:01 PM »
 :hug:  Mark, I am knackered and I'll be getting an early night tonight......I've only got Otis booked in the morning so I won't be checking traps etc, he's spent the last hour giving me the evil eye bless him  :evillaugh:  Sadly as far as a drink goes, I don't really drink but the way it's going, I may just start  :Crazy:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2007, 21:30:19 PM »
You must be knackered Dawn!

Time for feet up and a few glasses or wine and A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP!

You are a hero  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2007, 21:04:08 PM »
Thanks Des, I was a wimp and put it onto Sean.......he's practical and I'm way too soft to be making these decisions.  I knew which decision he would make but I have to think of what's best for her and not me.

Liz, Otis is a buggar up the back  :rofl:  When I got the chicken out to give them, everyone else appeared, even the one's from upstairs.........Otis, nowhere in sight.....lol.  He then appeared trying to grab some from my hands so I threw it into a carrier and he legged it in after it........what a sucker  :evillaugh:  He's now eaten some more chicken but he's not a happy chappie.......I just wish I had thought of that last night as I spent hours trying to get the little buggar  :rofl:  At least now my youngsters will be safe from him.........his hormones are raging away and I keep hearing squeals off the smaller kits and Otis then looking so innocent as if he's done nothing wrong  :shify:

Mum cat will be fine, I'm just trying to not to think of it too much but I know it's best for her and best in the long run.  The father of the kittens could well be her brother anyway, he's the grey one that I've not managed to trap yet.  I think Sean has spayed her underneath which is going to be a nightmare to check.  Do they tend to get problems when they are done that way?  I've only ever had them done on the flank so I just don't know.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 21:05:17 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2007, 20:56:49 PM »
Am glad that you have managed to come to a decision Dawn, and at least she wont be petrified now, and glad you have managed to get Otis in!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2007, 20:54:37 PM »
Dawn glad to see bribery is alive and well in your house we have 3 ferals - 1 ok, 2 not okay - need to chase them down to box them and the nice one of the bunch the Phsyco I couldn't get anyone to adopt at 9am on Sat!!!

Glad about Mum feral and as we say alls well that ends well and now Otis can get his bits off to!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 20:45:27 PM »
I'm soooo glad I bought the chicken.........Otis is a sucker for it and fell for it, he is now caged ready for his chop tomorrow  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 20:15:16 PM »
Just got back in now and both Clyde and the feral seem fine.  The feral was spayed which I expected Sean would do.......he said he would not have liked to be in the position I was in and could understand why I find it difficult.  She seems okay and I'm pleased that she won't have to spend weeks caged up and that she can go home next week.  I will take some piccies once she's settled down a little bit..........I've bought them a fresh cooked chicken for tea, hopefully this will make up for the trauma at the vets.

Offline Catswhiskers

• Adult Cat
  • Tabby, Franco and Willow
    • Fibro fighters
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 16:35:57 PM »
Aw hon ((((hugs)))) your a true gem to these cats even if it costs you in all ways, my offer is always there for maternity,nursery nights up bottle feeding house training jeesh the list is endless lol but I think you get the gist of me saying if I can help with any of the pregnant ones just call, I know how hard the decision is and how heart breaking it can be but your only doing what is best for these cats. 
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change....

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 11:04:35 AM »
Well as you will have realised, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night  :tired:  Otis managed to escape capture last night so poor Clyde has had to go instead.  He wasn't due in just yet but I'd already got 3 booked in so sadly he was the chosen one as both the traps that were set were empty as well   :(  I'm sorry to say I wimped out on the decision on the feral cat and have left it in Sean's hands........I feel sick thinking about it but I know he will do what is best for her and not for my conscience and he can detach himself where as I can't.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 08:51:48 AM »
By the time you read this I hope you've had some kip and your head feels clearer altho I doubt it if you were setting traps at 7.30am. I use Nytol (the one tablet variety) to take the edge off and help me sleep on occasion.  You  need to give yourself some time to grieve.

Bring her in to Sean and see what he says. All I know for sure is that you have done the right thing trapping her altho I realise it must be upsetting seeing her look so scared. Head really must over rule heart in these circumstances. I so admire the work you do Dawn. My 85 year old auntie does similar work on a much smaller scale in N Ireland and has to make heart wrenching decisions too but quite rightly recognises it is for the greater good in the long run.

Link to CatChat