Author Topic: Any update on Pussy from Wales?..........Now she is Leonie  (Read 9107 times)

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
  • Slave to: Paolo and Murphy
Re: Any update on Pussy from Wales?..........Now she is Leonie
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2011, 16:28:34 PM »
Lovely update :)  Looking forward to more when Lau is up to it :)

Get well soon Lau xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Any update on Pussy from Wales?..........Now she is Leonie
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2011, 13:49:41 PM »
Have heard from Lau...................bloomin hell now have two howling birmans!!

It was great to have such a positive update about Leonie........must change the title although I guess she is still Pussy to me  ;D

Hope to be speaking with Lau soon if she has enough energy...............I sure dont have much LOL

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Any update on Pussy from Wales?
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2011, 13:21:16 PM »
good to hear from you - the panic stems from a horrible incident a while back which you probably aren't even aware of  :hug:  hope you feel better soon

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2011, 12:57:49 PM »
Hi Laura, great to hear Leonie's doing so well! Look forward to the update when you feel well enough. :Luv2:

Hope you'll soon be feeling much better? IS it swine flu?  :hug:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2011, 11:22:58 AM »
hi all, i have just come on to pm gill, but thought i would tell you that pussy now known as leonie is doing well and when i have abit more energy i hope to tell you in great detail what the little monkey is up to. i can't believe how much energy i'm using to type, i feel utterly exhausted. of course if i had known such a panic would taken place, i'd have asked my sister to pop on earlier. i just didn't think, with being sick all the time and struggling to get out of bed, i'm sure you can imagine i didn't do much thinking! but a few people do have my mobile number so you could have just text me ;) come to think of it, i think shirl did. anyway, watch this space for updates. i'm going back to bed now!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2011, 09:33:51 AM »
glad to hear news of pussy, I like the new name - sorry to hear Lau is suffering, hopefully she is on the mend but from people I've known with it it does take time

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2011, 22:04:47 PM »
GET WELL SOON LAU .... one of my friends is just getting over swine flu ... she was so poorly  :'(  Sounds like you are being well cared for by your OH, Sister and furries.

Take care abd look forward to seeing you on here ASAP xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2011, 21:45:35 PM »
glad Leonie is settling in well.    Really Hope Lau gets better soon and its not Swine flu.     Myself and OH had year before last and it took ages to get over it.     
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2011, 19:50:43 PM »
So pleased to hear that Pussy/leonie is settling in well but very sorry that Laura is poorly and wishing her a speedy recovery.  :hug:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2011, 13:26:08 PM »
I'm so pleased to hear that Pussy/Rosie/Leonie is settling in well  ;D and sorry hear that Lau is so ill.  I hope it isn't swine flu. 

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2011, 13:24:37 PM »
Hello Kristina, thank you for updating us and I'm sorry to hear your sister is so ill.

Understandably, you must be very upset and worried at present, but on reflection, I hope that as a trainee vet, you will agree that it is in an animal's best interest to perform a homecheck or obtain a vets reference before being rehomed to someone you don't personally know.  And if anyone was being criticised here, it was (sadly) Gill for her oversight in this matter.

However, that's all done and dusted now; I'm pleased Pussy/Leonie has settled in well in what sounds a wonderful home, and that Gill has peace of mind. :hug:

Hope you get better very soon Laura.
Best wishes
:Flowers:
Jas
 X

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2011, 23:26:24 PM »
Get well soon Lau and you take care x
Glad to hear that Pussy is settling and hope you will soon be enjoying having fun with her and lots of snuggles. Flu is awful and takes quite a lot of getting over.
Have a good sleep Gill  ;)
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2011, 22:59:09 PM »
Kristina, I can assure you noone was speaking badly of your sister. They were merely expressing concern at the lack of update; I know Lau will understand that. Noone can have known how ill she was and I'm really sorry to hear she's so poorly. Really hope she's greatly improved soon and thanks for letting us know about Pussy/Leonie. :hug:

Hope neither of you are too offended. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2011, 22:58:24 PM »
I am so over the moon with happiness and need to find some food again!

Think I will flake out tonight and I may wake up with serios claw marks from Franta LOL

I think that if Pussy is now Leonie, its a purrrrrrfect name for her  ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2011, 22:34:53 PM »
Delighted to hear that kitten is doing well but so very sorry to hear that Laura is so ill.  I'm quite sure Laura will fully understand that everyone involved in helping the kitten find such a loving home and especially Gill who had become very attached to her, are very interested to hear how she is settling in. 

Thank you for posting Kristina and hope Laura allows you to pass on her telephone number as I'm sure she would want to speak with Gill when she feels better.  I'm sure everyone on here wishes Laura a very speedy recovery and will be so pleased to hear that her partner is such a star looking after the animals. Very much hope her partner finds time to look after poor Laura too  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2011, 22:28:12 PM »
I have just had a lovely pm from Kristina and am so sorry that Lau is so ill and wish her a speedy recovery.

Kristina said that she thinks that Pussy has been called Leonie which absolutely siuts her and Laus partner is in love with her and currently spoiling her wrotten while Lau is ill.

Kr said that she will try and post pictures and have said if it will help she can send to me and I will put them up.

I am just so relieved to hear that Pussy is Ok cos its a weight off my mind and to see her will be wonderful.

Please send all your Purrs good wishes to Lau for a speedy recovery cos I know someone who had swine flu and they were very seriously ill for a long time.

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2011, 21:53:18 PM »
hi there, please do not criticise my sister off on here. especially as most of you don't know a thing about her. i have just pm'd gill with this information, but laura is currently in bed with suspected swine flu. she is so ill she hasn't eaten in days and when she is sick it is just blood. my sister is a fantastic owner, who cares more for her animals than herself. you want a vet reference you got it. you can go on any of the forums my sister is on and even face book to see she hasn't been on the internet in ages. the fact that i am a trainee vet probably counts for nothing. laura will be so upset to hear these things being said and this is exactly why i am not a member of forums. luckily her partner is an angel and is caring for their animals whilst laura is ill. the kitten is doing brilliantly, i have seen her myself several times and have nothing but good words to say about her, she is a little darling. and re the phone number i will ask her if i can pass it on. and yes she does have foster kittens which she did mention to you gill, they have homes lined up but are still with laura because a) she has been too ill to take them and b) there are issues for example cady's wound from her spey has become infected so she has to be fully healed until she can go to her new home. my sister is a genuinely nice person and anyone who has ever spoken to her will surely know that. and yes laura does have a few small elderly animals, the hamsters are between 2 and 3 years old. i am sure she will be back on here as soon as she is able to be.

and re the 3 boys from hull, i have jonny and jesse, and jamie had a home lined up with someone from work who has now decided he is too old from them so i may offer jamie a home too.

laura's sister,
kristina
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 21:54:09 PM by lau200 »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2011, 17:26:18 PM »
Gill maybe just maybe Lau is giving Pussy all her attention to help her settle and before deciding anything is making sure she has or has not settled. 

That was my first thought too, hope you hear something soon Gill, I know what its like waiting for news  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2011, 16:09:45 PM »
No contact yet  :(

Thanks Ellen  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2011, 14:08:58 PM »
Gill, have you managed to contact Lau now? Hope so and that everything's ok  :hug:

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 12:52:39 PM »
Gill maybe just maybe Lau is giving Pussy all her attention to help her settle and before deciding anything is making sure she has or has not settled. 

Just a thought, if you remember I thought Shadow had fully settled and felt secure until the window cleaners came and that was when I had problems and had to spend a solid hour with him resettling him and reassuring him and he had been with me for nearly a week.

I am sure if there were any major concerns Lau would have been in contact with yourself.  Don't forget at the moment there is also Flu going round and nasty chest infections so it could be even that Lau is under the weather herself.

Gill don't go too mad at yourself it proves you are human like the rest of us and we all forget something at sometime.
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 12:20:26 PM »
Soap had fitted in and made herself at home after 2 days :)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 12:09:13 PM »
Some cats are remarkably resilient....I know Rosella told me that Noni went to sleep on her lap on the car journey home. That girl is truly remarkable. :Luv:

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
  • Slave to: Paolo and Murphy
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 07:36:57 AM »
Oh dear...this thread went a little awry  :-[ 

Hopefully Lau will be along soon to give us a lovely update on how well Pussy is settling. These things do often take time and it's very unusual for a puss to settle straightaway the way Freddie did.

Try not to worry Gill (easy for me to say I know)  :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 21:05:29 PM »
Worried yes but someone in the transport run must have a contact number - when doing dog transport runs we have every contact number from start to finish with each leg maybe something that could be added for future runs
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 21:01:05 PM »
Thats exactly right Rosella but its now 3 days since I have heard anything and my worry is very high.

My original post said what I wanted I think and since then the thread has gone off the rails, so to speak.

It is definately about an ex fosterer being worried about her former charge and just needing some news.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 20:33:36 PM »
Entirely agree Helen.  It would be too easy for Lau to get the wrong impression; the right impression being that of a very concerned "foster" for her former charge and Lau (with her fostering experience) will know that worrying feeling only too well  :hug:

It would be wonderful to hear something to settle those horrid worriesome thoughts.....

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 20:26:43 PM »
Well said Helen ;D

Just to add am sure with Lau's hours things are going well and all her animals look well cared for

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 20:19:26 PM »
Don't want to get into the rights and wrongs of things but just want to stress to Lau when she reads this that nobody is casting aspersions on her or the home she has kindly provided by discussing home checks etc it's more about the situation in general, not her specific home  :hug:

I don't think it's fair for everyone to get carried away because she hasn't logged on for 2 days, from her previous posts she works long shifts and not everyone comes home and fires up the PC so I think it's unfair for everyone to be on her case - 48 hours in the grand scheme of things is nothing  :shy:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 20:26:20 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 19:28:12 PM »
You have contact details? Great stuff. Hoping you get a little bit of peace of mind soon. :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 18:08:32 PM »
I now have details thanks Dawn but trying to sort wood from trees....sigh

I would just like to thank everyone for their pms , I am so greatful  :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 17:58:04 PM »
do you have her name Gill you could try 192.com

hopefully she is just busy but it would be nice for all of us to see that pussy was settling in

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 16:58:18 PM »
Not to drag things up but this post should be served as a reminder fro homechecks and full details to be sought

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,29332.msg529384.html#msg529384

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 16:46:29 PM »
Gill I will apologise but you have done this in the past to to others in the same situation

We can only hope that she is allright and no news is good news

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 16:40:52 PM »
Liz I would appreciate if you dont have a go at me on the forum...................I have made terrible mistake by not doing this and admit it.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 16:38:55 PM »
Quote from Jasmine You mean to say there was no HC done or vets reference?

I thought this had been done if not am very shocked as you are the first to jump to everyone doing it wrong Gill - I just hope she is all right

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 16:35:11 PM »
You mean to say there was no HC done or vets reference? :scared:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 16:22:53 PM »
I am shocked at me too!  :( :(

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 16:21:00 PM »
Gill on a side note I am concerned after fusses made by you in the past about home checks and having full details you appear not to have them

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 15:53:40 PM »
 :hug: Gill, if loving an animal until it gets a good home and then wanting to ensure the animal is settling in and happy is failing, then yes you are. ;)

I'm sure Lau will be in touch soon.  :hug:

Link to CatChat