Author Topic: Has Asda stopped selling hi life essentials (boxes)?  (Read 8889 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Has Asda stopped selling hi life essentials (boxes)?
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 18:33:09 PM »
fresh scottish salmon

Probably farmed then. I always look for wild salmon.

I was in Budgens the other day and their packs of salmon steaks say "from the clear waters of scotland" and on the back "farmed in scotland"
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 18:31:30 PM »
My bag says it is organic chicken, and the salmon one is fresh scottish salmon (was 2 for £2 a while ago in Wilkinsons)
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 18:25:33 PM »
I want to check their dry as I can't tell if it is organic chicken any more. Also, they stopped doing the moist food a few years ago. Mine loved it and it was perfect for a cheap treat.

Oh poop! I seen this today in Home Bargains and they sell it @ 89p (not reduced!) Could'nt remember what you wanted with ref to ingredients and just noticed the protien value was 22%!  :shocked:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 16:05:10 PM »
You have the peds Gillian and they like it, I have the mogs and they loathe it!  :Crazy:

My mogs like 'em too!  :evillaugh: (actually, mine would eat any dry food - think its because its like a treat, rather than 'proper food' lol!)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 15:59:48 PM »
I gave a bag of these to my sis as my lot turned their particular noses up and my sisters cat wolfed them down....You have the peds Gillian and they like it, I have the mogs and they loathe it!  :Crazy:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 16:00:18 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 15:55:24 PM »
Yes, I've brought the Essentials Hi LIfe pouches in Morrisons at the weekend - was very pleased as they seemed to be much better price than Hi Life Real Meat pouches that I get from Sainsbury's for more or less same ingredients - until I realised the Essentials are only 85g pouches, whereas Real Meat are 100g!

Mine all love the Hi life biscuits, both the chicken and the salmon, those are the only biscuits I buy - plus the occasional bag of Applaws dry.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 15:54:16 PM »
I think it's one of those things that when it's on offer for 99p I pick a bag up but it usually ends up going out for the hedgies   :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 15:52:04 PM »
One of my local shops sells the dry Mark, a lot cheaper than the supermarkets too....about 76p for a small bag...mine hate it!  :tired:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 15:48:39 PM »
I want to check their dry as I can't tell if it is organic chicken any more. Also, they stopped doing the moist food a few years ago. Mine loved it and it was perfect for a cheap treat.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 15:42:06 PM »
(a penny more than Asda used to charge!). 

What a cheek! I hope you shopped around!  :naughty: :rofl: :hug:

I have only seen it in single pouches @ 29p each!  :tired:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 15:28:54 PM »
I went into a Morrisons yesterday and found the Essentials.  £2.89 a box (a penny more than Asda used to charge!).  Wasn't my local Morrisons though - yet to find out whether they sell it.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 11:00:02 AM »
 :bum: to Asda

Offline PennyJ

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 10:41:13 AM »
I found the same problem in that my local Asda had stopped seeling Essentials from Hi Life tuna in jelly pouches and the boxes of tuna selection.  I emailed Hi Life and they kindly replied:

Unfortunately, although Essentials from HiLife is very popular, Asda have decided to reduce their range of products.  As a result the Essentials from HiLife pouch cat food range are being de-listed; this range was solely found in Asda.   We do not want to cause distress to our valued customers and have been working hard to find alternative outlets for the range.

As from 1 June, Morrisons will be stocking the Essentials from HiLife Tuna Assortment and Chicken Assortment Multi packs. However, please note that their own policies will dictate which products are stocked in which stores.

From around the 29th June, Wilkinsons will be stocking Essentials from HiLife Tuna in Jelly 85g and Chicken in Jelly 85g, individual pouches.  However, please note that their own policies will dictate which products are stocked in which stores.

Please accept our apologies for this change in supplier; the decision is out off our hands.  If you wish to complain about the decision to Asda, their Customer Service number is 0845 300 1111.

So there you go.  Asda have definately stopped stocking these two products.  I've checked my local Morrisons and Wilkinsons. Neither of them sell the Essentials from Hi Life tuna pouches nor the Essentials from Hi Life tuna selection box.  The nearest I can find is Cherish tuna in jelly from Wilkinsons.  Morrisons seem to sell the selection boxes of tuna with seafood (which of course my cat hates!).  I really don't think I will be able to find the tuna in jelly, tuna with prawns or shrimp anymore.  I'm trying to work out a way of explaining this to my cat!!  :( :( :(

Offline sunama

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 08:50:26 AM »
I too, am looking for HiLife.
They used to sell HiLife food at my local Asda, but not anymore.

I went to Morrisons in Queensbury, London and they didnt have any HiLife there.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 11:01:56 AM »
We don't have them here. A really good price for a decent food with organic chicken!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 10:43:36 AM »
Sainsbury's sell hi-life boxes and quite often have all the hi-life stuff 25% off. Its a shame they don't sell the dry as it is organic chicken. I w
know Wilkinsons sell it. 400gram bags for £1.59 although I have't seen bigger bags. I suppose at that price, it is no dearer than buying 2kg bags of Hills.

From memory, Cherish is nearly all jelly  :sick:

Quality Save sell the 400g bags of Hi Life dry for 89p

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 09:58:05 AM »
Sainsbury's sell hi-life boxes and quite often have all the hi-life stuff 25% off. Its a shame they don't sell the dry as it is organic chicken. I w
know Wilkinsons sell it. 400gram bags for £1.59 although I have't seen bigger bags. I suppose at that price, it is no dearer than buying 2kg bags of Hills.

From memory, Cherish is nearly all jelly  :sick:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 09:58:43 AM by Mark »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 08:24:34 AM »
I think so, I couldtn find it in my Asda last week, although I did find it in Morrisons - years ago I was told that only certain supermarkets had the right to sell certain lines of HiLife, so I wonder if Morrisons have won. Cherish is slightly different than essentials, they dont have the same meat content, but I Can't remember which has more. I am sure the price in Morrisons was very similar to Asda, but I will be going back at some point next week to check out the Felix offer, so will have a look for you
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 16:08:33 PM »
Shame you didn't ask earlier as I was in there a couple of hours ago. No offer to speak of but I don't buy Hi-life so didn't notice. I bought Cherish once and they wouldn't touch it.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Has Asda stopped selling hi life essentials (boxes)?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 14:35:39 PM »
They have had none the past few times I've been in there.  I'm talking about the pouches that are 12 in a box.  Used to be very bargainous for good quality food (plus complete) so were a staple in our house.  I'll be gutted if they dont' sell them anymore or if hi life have stopped doing them.  Quality Save are still selling hi life cherish pouches individually (think they are the same thing?) but they just do the one chicken flavour and they cost more than buying the boxes of 12 essentials.  Asda still have the small hi life essentials tins.

ETA - just looked on hi life website and it appears they are now sold in Morrisons.  Has anyone been in Morrisons recently who can confirm that they are selling them?  Not sure what the difference is between the chicken assortment multipack and the chicken in jelly multipack mind. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 14:39:52 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Link to CatChat