Author Topic: Call on the cat line - this call takes the "biscuit"  (Read 8000 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Call on the cat line - this call takes the "biscuit"
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 19:55:42 PM »
I am hoping you can shine a bright light into her eyes and cross-examine her. We are worried that her cat isn't (obviously) being taken care of properly.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 19:51:12 PM »
Sorry i have been out!! (its allowed sometimes).!!
All the food we are getting at the moment is donated as we our out of stock.. ! But i suppose nothing surprises me lately... Is her cat spayed or neutered i wonder!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 19:29:13 PM »
Id be cynical enough to make sure she really has a cat and isnt selling the food on .......

It happend to be when I fostered .... Someone I vaguely knew, knew  I had foster cats and expected me to bail her out when she ran out of cat food (allegedly) . She was supposed to be getting her benefit money the next day (havent we all hard that one)  I didnt like the thought of a hungry cat so ....   

I found she was catless but was selling the food (at a highly inflated price) to another neighbour who was housebound with illness and couldnt get out to buy cat food, or anything else for that matter.   The "scrounger" claimed the food she had from me, free, was all our local supermarket had on offer.  People can be  :censored: scumbags!!!
People Power Works!!!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 18:35:19 PM »
I can't get hold of Sharon but spoke to Isobel (VN) one of our welfare ladies. We agreed that we have to give the benefit of the doubt for the cat's sake. Roxanne is going to leave some pouches and biscuits out for her to collect.

Yes - she seemed a bit surprised when I told her she has to go and collect it - she said she wouldn't have phoned without trying everything else and I would be surprised what she has tried  :shify: - I didn't respond.

Anyway, we think there should be a follow-up call to see if she should really be in charge of a cat.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 18:56:52 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 18:22:23 PM »
I suspect it isn't sad, though: my view of human nature is such that I'm assuming she's on the ear'ole for free food and thinks CP will be a soft touch  >:(
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 18:17:21 PM »
This is so sad :(

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 18:10:25 PM »
Why do people have pets when they can't afford them  >:(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 18:07:11 PM »

What's your beef, eh?  :rofl: 

I was going to lamb-ast her for telling porkies but chickened out  :evillaugh:

Her story sounded fishy  :shify:

Poor kitty  :(
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 19:20:40 PM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 18:05:21 PM »
Whats she bloomin eating then! I bet she smokes and drinks!

Exactly what I said to Roxanne - we wish we had the power to inspect and seize (save)  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 18:00:11 PM »
I agree with all but have visions of a cat with no tea  :'(

Roxanne, one of the fosterers is willing to give her some food for the cat's sake and I will try to get hold of Sharon or someone else that can advise
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 18:04:13 PM by Mark »

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 17:57:20 PM »
that is absolute rubbish.  the jobcentre gives you £250 when you start a job to cover people who wont be paid straight away.  she should have covered her cat food before she did anything else with it  :shify:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 17:46:17 PM »
Whats she bloomin eating then! I bet she smokes and drinks!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 17:41:51 PM »
Right. She is on jobseekers allowance. She has started working but won't get paid for a month. She has no food for her cat and wants some food. Apparently, she had tried everywhere (for free food I assume) and phoned us as a last resort. I told her that any food we get donated is donated for stray and sick cats - but the cat's sake, I will make some calls and phone her back - I am speechless  :-:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 17:33:26 PM »
I am tempted to ignore it but what if it is a prescription food and she hasn't got the sense to go to a vet?

I will phone her but unless there is a good explanation, she will will be getting the potentially sharp end of my tongue.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 17:27:14 PM »
"Hello, my name is XXXX - I am trying to find a particular cat food and I can't find it anywhere. Please can you phone me and tell me where I might be able to find it. Please can you phone me back on XXXXXX sorry but it's a mobile"

She didn't say what the food was so no only am I expected to phone her to find out what the food is but to phone her again when I have the info.

What's your beef, eh?  :rofl:  Just be thankful she didn't ask you to BUY it for her as well and deliver it by hand  :rofl:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 17:24:28 PM »
the same sort who ring 999 and ask where they can buy fags in the middle of the night methinks. Something tells me you won't be making the call  :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Call on the cat line - this call takes the "biscuit"
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 17:10:44 PM »
"Hello, my name is XXXX - I am trying to find a particular cat food and I can't find it anywhere. Please can you phone me and tell me where I might be able to find it. Please can you phone me back on XXXXXX sorry but it's a mobile"

She didn't say what the food was so no only am I expected to phone her to find out what the food is but to phone her again when I have the info.

Is it me or............
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 17:11:50 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat