Author Topic: OK, Susanne: we're trying Animonda Carny  (Read 7782 times)

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: OK, Susanne: we're trying Animonda Carny
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 10:49:43 AM »
I buy the big animonda carny cans which work out at 19p per 100g.  Thats when they're not on offer  ;D  Because it's higher in cals than most cat foods, I make it go a bit further so it works out extremely cost effective.  The other animondas are a bit more expensive but they're not extortionate prices.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 10:47:08 AM »
wow thats so much cheaper than whiskas and felix put together and better stuff too :wow:

Will look into getting some in the next two weeks to try :wow:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 10:42:34 AM »
How much is this animonda stuff per can?   :shify:

From Zooplus, six x 200g cans of Animonda Carny are £2.80, so under 46p for a can that does two meals.  And it is 100% fresh meat.

I think Blip's favourite is going to be the Animonda Soupe, which is £6.99 for 20 x 100g pouches, so about 35p for a serving.  It is high meat content rather than 100% meat, but it has lots of gravy, which Blip loves.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 21:21:09 PM »
How much is this animonda stuff per can?   :shify:
Love me,love my animals.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 21:04:39 PM »
Go Blip!  ;D

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 17:10:45 PM »
Well, when I opened the Carny I thought Blip's love affair with Animonda was about to come to an abrupt end as she does not normally like things with that sort of texture.  Not a bit of it!  She licked her plate clean yet again.  She's having her second instalment right now  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 21:30:48 PM »
 ;D  Great news!

Jaffa loves the soupe and the carny.  He loves them all but those are the 2 I mainly buy for him.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 19:58:46 PM »
Well, I am bowled over by Animonda  ;D  Or rather, Blip is - she loves it  :wow:

We have tried one soupe and two ragouts so far and Blip has fallen upon them with unprecedented enthusiasm.  Next - the soupe senior and the carny  ;)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 10:27:06 AM »
Someone on the US forum did describe this as a mid range food, not a high range, which I found interesting.

I suspect that's because it contains by products.  US regulations are less strict than in europe so can contain more nasties than over here.  I dont' have a problem with some by products though (esp when fed alongside foods containing none).  carny has something like 80% meat and by products plus added minerals and nothing nasty so it's a good food for the money in my book.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 08:27:45 AM »
i have tried the Rafine Soupe and the vom Feinsten Senior, the Soupe was in gravy and didn't go down that well, but the SEnior was like a pate and did, i must get some more, as Zi does need senior and seems to prefer pate style - just be careful with the Senior, if they dont need to lose weight, they shouldn't have too much, Molly has lost a bit too much weight being on senior only, so I have had to put her back on adult food, yet Zi needs it!! Someone on the US forum did describe this as a mid range food, not a high range, which I found interesting.
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 20:43:37 PM »
I had a browse round the Animonda website, hence my bet-hedging with the soups and stews.  If I need to, I shall smash the A Carny up with some warmed water for Blip.  ;)

When all is said and done, if Blip wont eat it I can find a home for it  ;)  But I was keen to try some of the gamey stuff that Animonda offers and Porta 21 doesnt.

We wait with bated breath...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 20:06:16 PM »
Having read Susanne's enthusiasm for Animonda Carny, I have today ordered:

Animonda Carny (two packs)
Animonda Rafine Soupe (two packs)
Animonda Rafine Soupe Senior (one pack)
Animonda Rafine Ragout (two packs)
Animonda vom Feinsten Senior (one pack)

I won't say 'it had better be good' because that would sound threatening  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh heck!  Talk about pressure!  I don't know whether Blip will like it as it's not in gravy, it is supermeat texture (the carny anyway).  The reason I rave about it is because it has a very high meat content but it is CHEAP  ;D  It's only by buying the big tins of animonda carny that I can afford to buy the likes of applaws.  And both Jaffa and Mosi always lick their bowls clean when they have it.  The carny is quite high in fat and does have more calories per 100g than your average cat food (I've done the maths) so I feed a bit less of it (making it even more economical!)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
OK, Susanne: we're trying Animonda Carny
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 17:45:25 PM »
Having read Susanne's enthusiasm for Animonda Carny, I have today ordered:

Animonda Carny (two packs)
Animonda Rafine Soupe (two packs)
Animonda Rafine Soupe Senior (one pack)
Animonda Rafine Ragout (two packs)
Animonda vom Feinsten Senior (one pack)

I won't say 'it had better be good' because that would sound threatening  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Link to CatChat