Author Topic: George Died Today  (Read 8797 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: George Died Today
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 20:55:10 PM »
God bless little George and a hug for you from me and Bonnie.

We all know how you feel and no matter what people say to us we always blame ourselves and think that we have neglected them in some way and IT IS NOT TRUE.

My Smudge was 13 and she went missing 4th September 2007 - 1 year ago today and to cut a long story short I finally found him dead he had been run over the day before someone phoned me.  I tortured myself day and night for all them months and I still do sometimes.  I know I shouldn't.

I hope you can find the strength to get another cat, like I did.  My Bonnie is so different to Smudge and I am glad, as I do not want a replacement for him.

Good luck and best wishes.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 20:06:51 PM »
So sorry to hear about George  :hug: RIP little one.

Offline lilynmitz

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 20:00:51 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  I had a puss like this, who affected me in the same way, and 18 months after losing him so young I still find myself talking about him a lot.  He really was one of life's very special characters, and I never thought about him as a cat, just a wonderful soul in a cat's body.

Because he was such a character I lived in constant fear of him getting himself into trouble.  He was run over twice but both times survived wiith very little injury, but he never learned.  Cats like this just have to take their chances in life, I realised that, and we have to rely on their savvy and survival instincts.  We simply can't wrap them in cotton wool their whole lives.  George lived his life to the full, as did my Mo, who ironically did die young, but of cancer rather than an accident.  But he packed 15 years of living into his 7 short years of life.  It sounds like George was the same.  He brought a special sparkle into your world, but sometimes the brightest stars burn for the shortest time.

Guilt is a normal part of grief, and a wicked and all consuming part.  We all feel it, whatever the circumstances, but it's not real.  It really was not your fault, you must believe that.  Sadly some creatures are not destined for a long life and that was George's fate.  But what a wonderful life he had with you, finding his soul mate as well.  He was as blessed as you were, and you should be comforted by how much good you brought to his life.

You will feel dreadful for a long while I'm afraid, so just cry all you need.  It will eventually hurt less, honest, and you will remember the good times without being overwhelmed by the loss.  He was a special treasure who you will always remember, and you were very lucky that he spent his short life with you. 

We all understand how you feel so keep posting on here if it helps.

Take care.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 19:40:16 PM »
I am so sorry for your loss, ekko star

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 19:37:33 PM »
So sorry to hear the news :hug:

I lost a cat in this way so can understand a bit of what you feeling :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline littlekitty

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 18:44:15 PM »
So so sorry for your loss, I've been there so know what you're going through.

RIP George
Share your love, give a rescue cat a home.

xLYNNx

Offline ekko star

• Kitten
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 18:10:20 PM »
Thank you for you sentiments. I have many friends and many family but that matters little.

They say you can spend your life in search of true love and true friendship.

I feel so cold and hollow now and actually feel that part of me has died.

Little did I ever know that it was going to be with a cat but yesterday I lost a friendship of a lifetime. It hurts so much I can't stop crying. He died in my arms and I could do nothing to help him. He always looked upto me to look after him and I couldn't when it mattered to him most.

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 17:36:02 PM »
I am so sorry for George leaving you so suddenly, i can't even begin to imagine what you must be feeling...but all my thoughts are with you.  your last post was so heartfelt and has got me all choked up and very tearful sat here in work on reception.

i do not know you and i wish i did because you really need a friend right now and probably could do with a huge big hug, well, here you go i am sending you one!

you must NOT blame your self, you did NOT let him down please remember that.

Again i am so sorry about George, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rhiannon x
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
you don't learn anything until you live it

Offline ekko star

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 16:31:32 PM »
Thanks for all your kind words everyone. It is appreciated but of little consolation.

I am completely shell-shocked and couldn't sleep at all last night ( he used to sleep in the bed with me). I kept thinking what my poor George must have gone through being run over. Unfortunately I just can't get it out of my mind, it has really affected me badly.

My family have kept a cat in one shape or form for the past 20 years but none of them were remotely like George. At 3 months old I realised that this guy was something special and he became a true companion. In fact he was very un-cat like and very human like which made him apart. He used to wake me up on the dot every morning and let me know when it was bedtime. When I came home from work he would be there waiting eagerly. If not in, a quick clap and a call of his name and he would come bounding in.

He was so incredibly special that I am gutted even thinking about him. He did everything he could for me but I let him down and didn't look after him. I can't believe he died so tragically.

I cannot bear to think about him and I doubt that will ever change. I felt the same when I lost my parents and that has never changed. Losing George in such tragic circumstances has hurt me so very much.

This guy was a once in a lifetime friend. He meant absolutely the world to me I can't believe I let him down, I am so gutted.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 16:37:11 PM by ekko star »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 16:08:49 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about George, I really feel for you, I've been there too so know what you are going through, but as others have said there will be a time when you don't feel this sad.  :hug:  RIP George  :RIP:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 14:38:33 PM »
Hello and welcome to Purrs. 

I'm so sorry you are joining us under such sad circumstances.  Sadly too many of us know the heartache and pain associated with losing a special friend.  Many "non cat" people don't understand how a small furry purry creature can worm their way into your heart so quickly and become so much more than "just a pet".

Please accept my sincere condolences for your loss.  The pain will ease in time and you will be able to remember George and all his special little ways with a smile but it does take time  :hug:

Everyone on here understands how you are feeling and you will never be told "it was just a cat" ... so don't be shy about talking to us.

Take care.

RIP George ... a very special friend, much loved, sorely missed and taken too young.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 13:35:01 PM »
I am so sorry RIP little one  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 12:24:12 PM »
Sorry to hear about George  :hug:  I know it really doesn't seem like it now but one day you will be able to look back and think of him and smile remembering all the silly things he used to do instead of feeling sad  :hug:

RIP George xx

Remember Our Love

I was chosen that day
I'm learning to fly
the world took me away,
but please don't you cry

And I chose you today
to try and be strong
so please don't you cry
and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone
just remember our love,
I'm up near the stars
looking down from above.

Remember our love
In a moment you'll see
that I'm still here beside you
when you're thinking of me.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 11:25:07 AM »
So very sorry to hear about George, thinking of you at this sad time xxx

RIP George - have fun at the bridge sweetheart xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 11:18:15 AM »
Sorry to hear about George. Nothing I can say that will help  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Catbird

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 10:04:05 AM »
So sorry about your George and what Angeladeedah said  :hug:

C.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 10:01:57 AM »
I am so sorry to hear about George.....
Nothing I can say that will make You feel any better at the moment but I hope it helps You to know that people care.
I have been where You are, have lost 3 cats to RTA - and although it wont seem like it at the moment it does get easier.
Much love xxxx

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 08:43:13 AM »
Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear your very sad news.

Thinking of you,

Play hard at the Bridge George.

:Luv: :hug: :hug:

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 08:34:52 AM »
 :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 08:18:38 AM »
I am so sorry to hear about George.  My thoughts are with you.  I dread the day I ever lose my babies.   :RIP: George

Offline moiramassey

• Adult Cat
  • Moira's Mitzi
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 07:31:11 AM »
I feel for you.

I have been there and it is awful.

George has a wonderful life with you and you with him. He lives on in your memory.

I know you will never get over losing George but I hope the pain lessens.

Blacken, Mini, Flynn and Mitzi
"One cat just leads to another" Ernest Hemingway

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 06:10:55 AM »
I am so sorry this has happened to George and you.  RIP little George

Offline ekko star

• Kitten
George Died Today
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 03:42:42 AM »
Had George since he was a kitten. He was a beautiful tabby and only one years old this very week.

Got run over today, nearby neighbour found him and I got there within 10 mins of it happening. He was still very warm whilst I held him, got him to the vet within 20 mins but he had died.

I am so devastated and in a state of shock that words fail me. He was such a beautiful, healthy, lovely and friendly cat but most of all he had become my very best friend this year. Everyone who met him absolutely adored him, he looked like the Whiskas Cat and he was so cuddly, attentive and friendly. I cannot believe he has just died today as he was mostly an indoors cat and still a baby.

I've been crying ever since today and I never ever realised it could hurt so much and I'm a grown guy! I feel like I've lost a person. Doubt I'll get over him, he wasn't just a pet or a cat he was a true friend. I wish he hadn't been so now as he has left a massive void and it's devastating. I still can't believe that he has gone.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 03:45:41 AM by ekko star »

Link to CatChat