Author Topic: Joe & Jills Samples arrived today!  (Read 7823 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Joe & Jills Samples arrived today!
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 16:38:26 PM »
oh this is wet food, ignore me then

LOL! :rofl:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 16:37:48 PM »

LOL!  :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 16:31:12 PM »

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 16:28:32 PM »
It doesn't say how much it is - it came with two questionnaires (one for each cat, lol) - at the bottom it asks how much you would be willing to pay per 125g tub: 20-30p, 36-50p, 51-65p, 66-80p, 81-95p or 96-110p.
It says each tub is a day's worth of food (2 meals) for a 3.5kg cat, but there's no chance of that with Riley - he's 5kg and is a lean, lanky boy - all muscle and no courage lol. He's on 2 x 100g wet meals a day, so its just over a single meal for him. We don't know Skye's adult weight yet (she's a year in June, so we'll get her a check up and a weigh-in), but she is probably about 3.5 I would think, though she's of a more medium build than Riley "magic johnson" boy.
It looks pretty good - very meaty, but very like catfood. Not like the applaws / almo stuff, which literally just looks like meat. More like natures menu, I would say. Actually, it's pretty much dinner time for the two terrors, so I'll feed them now and get back to you with the "preliminary findings"  :evillaugh.....

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 16:12:46 PM »
the big bag is on special in waitrose (I think) at the moment £2.66 instead of £3.99, it says it feeds three cats for one week

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 16:11:39 PM »
I'll be interested to see what yours think of it. Do you know what the price is for the 125g size?

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 16:01:55 PM »
lol having seen Zephyr, I'm not sure you should've said that, Sam.....I'll be along to cat-nap him at the slightest provocation! Where did you say you lived again...?  :shify: lol

Far too far away  :rofl: :rofl:  but nice try!
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 15:55:39 PM »
lol having seen Zephyr, I'm not sure you should've said that, Sam.....I'll be along to cat-nap him at the slightest provocation! Where did you say you lived again...?  :shify: lol
I know what you mean, Mark, it's extortionate  :shocked: - Our lad is only so spoiled because Pete gets it all for free 8). He came home last week with 3 carrier bags full of king scallops - about £500 worth! :wow: It's ridiculous! It's just as well we have cats, or we'd both be eating seafood till it came out of our ears.... :sick:
Every time we go food shopping, Pete just looks at the fish counter and makes some comment aboiut it being such a rip off - yes, I point out, but it only looks that way because anything is a rip off compared to getting it for nothing! :shify: :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 15:25:08 PM »
We have a harbour fish market 5 minute's walk from here but I wouldn't pay their prices for us or the cats  :evillaugh: - Tesco are 1/2 the price  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 15:15:41 PM »
OMG Zephyr would love to come and live with you ... he LOVES fish (he's never had lobster but I'm sure he would enjoy it) as for prawns and scallops those are special birthday treats - unless I'm feeling generous.

Will keep my eye out for the Jill and Joes samples ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Joe & Jills Samples arrived today!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 15:12:24 PM »
Ages ago (at least thats what it feels like!) - I signed Skye and Riley up to be taste testers for the new Joe&Jills catfood, and the samples arrived today! Anyone else got theirs yet? It looks good - 125g in a recylcable plastic tub, with a cardboard wraparound label. They are all fish dinner flavour, but it looks good and the ingredients seem great : Chicken 45%, Fish 30%, Lamb 10%, water, ox liver 5%, vitamins and minerals. It's 90% fresh, local meat and has no artificial colours or flavours. I've not given it to my testers yet - but they'll be getting it for dinner tonight, so we will see how they take to it.
I expect Skye will just inhale it - she's a bit of a waste-disposal unit, and will eat pretty much anything. I think Riley's reaction will be more telling - he's a bit of a fussy wee boy, and is particularly choosy about fish flavours, since beef is his fav. It has to be damn good fish before he'll have it. Mind you, that's what happens when you have an OH who works in the fisheries services - Riley is used to fresh fish right off the boats and grilled just for him - cod, squid, scallops, prawns, tuna, even the odd lobster!

Link to CatChat