Author Topic: Joe & Jills Samples arrived today!  (Read 7826 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Joe & Jills Samples arrived today!
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2008, 21:33:39 PM »
I've not given any feedback.  Lost the stuff that came with it and it may be too late by now, but can anyone give me a link to the website where you can comment?

It went down ok with my boys, but definitely not their favourite.  They would eat it, but not all in one go.  If I left it down, it would disappear quickly enough but they weren't exactly licking their bowls clean.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2008, 08:10:11 AM »
I gave one to my friend to see if her cat would eat the remaining four (made sense seeing as mine all ignored it) and he wouldn't touch it either.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2008, 22:14:47 PM »
Mine are still refusing this new improved recipe.  And bearing in mind that this includes the walking dustbin Geoffrey, whose favourite treat is a moth or two, that's some feat  :Crazy: :Crazy:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2008, 21:46:06 PM »
After many emails and 3 attempts at sending to me i got 6 of the 'new recipe' jesus did the fish one stink  :sick: :sick:

I thought the chicken one was too dry, it needs more juice to make it more like natures menu. Also the size is off, they need to make it so you easily pop a can saver lid on. My lot shared them and ate what i gave but no way would have managed a whole one each which is amazing  :shocked:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2008, 21:51:00 PM »
None of mine would touch it.  :-:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2008, 21:35:24 PM »
I received another 6 samples today with a letter saying that the recipe has been tweaked and could I try it again.  Anyone else?  Be interested to see if the little darlings like it more this time  :naughty:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2008, 19:13:54 PM »
Thanks MM. He's on senior food, and has a stash of renal food out of reach of the others - that seems to make him happy.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2008, 17:23:18 PM »
It would be the same as other normal cat foods. If you post the details a smart person can work out the phos for you!

Sharing some trays between them should be ok. Longterm obviously if hes needing renal food it would be a problem.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2008, 13:24:39 PM »
Mine arrived today - I have a concern. How safe is this meat for a cat with kidney issues? I'd want LJ to get to try the posh new food as well as the other three, but if it means trouble for him healthwise I guess he'll have to miss out.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2008, 21:53:57 PM »
i missed this thread but actually bought some yesterday in sainburys - bought the chicken one and mine luv it !
the chicken content is only 26% though so not as high as the fish one

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2008, 19:14:54 PM »
I emailed and my parcel has been "misplaced" in delivery, so another has been sent out  ;D
 :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2008, 20:05:06 PM »
Im still waiting too :sigh:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2008, 17:19:05 PM »
I've still not had any samples through.

Mind you, that's what happens when you have an OH who works in the fisheries services - Riley is used to fresh fish right off the boats and grilled just for him - cod, squid, scallops, prawns, tuna, even the odd lobster!

Pinball and Minxy's ears have pricked up at the thought of fish this fresh! Where is the best fishmongers in Aberdeen/Peterhead to get really fresh fish from as my lot are currently having frozen fish from Asda  :-[ :-[

Here's a list of fishmongers in your area Lottie ... can't comment on which ones are good ... you're a bit out of my area  ;)

http://www.plebble.com/directory/c16/a361/food-and-drink/fishmongers/
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 17:19:34 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2008, 16:01:39 PM »
I've still not had any samples through.

Mind you, that's what happens when you have an OH who works in the fisheries services - Riley is used to fresh fish right off the boats and grilled just for him - cod, squid, scallops, prawns, tuna, even the odd lobster!

Pinball and Minxy's ears have pricked up at the thought of fish this fresh! Where is the best fishmongers in Aberdeen/Peterhead to get really fresh fish from as my lot are currently having frozen fish from Asda  :-[ :-[

You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2008, 15:53:25 PM »
 :'( I've not had any samples!!!! Never mind maybe next time.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2008, 15:48:26 PM »
Boing!  I found the paperwork today and the web address seems to be working now so if you've participated in the taste test, you can do your results online.  Maybe it just wasn't set up when those really quick tried it.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 20:28:21 PM »
Im still waiting  >:(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 20:17:24 PM »
Mine like it but they're not mad about it.  ie they eat it but don't empty their bowls in record time.  I think I gave them too much the first time as they both left a bit (for about 5 mins  :rofl: wasn't long before both bowls were licked clean but they did walk away before returning to finish off) so this time I gave them a bit less - Jaffa had half a pack and Mosi a quarter (with his dry sprinkled on top).  Both cleared their bowls, but not with the speed with which they cleared them this morning when they had Animonda Carny.

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2008, 14:38:26 PM »
Well, my guys seem to concur with most of your lot - first time went down well, second time was a bit lukewarm, third time they wouldn't touch it, and fourth time, despite watering it down, still no deal. I don't know if it's the flavour they dislike or just the food itself. Oh dear..... :-[ I haven't tried the URL yet, will give it a go and see if it works....

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 16:58:56 PM »
Can someone please tell me what the URL is for doing feedback online, I can't find the forms they sent  :shify:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2008, 11:33:55 AM »
Same with me BC, scoffed the first one down and have refused it point blank ever since  :Crazy:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 20:17:17 PM »
well my lot scarfed down the first lot as if they had not been fed in weeks, and I am sorry to say that subsequent servings have been rather better received by the dog, than the cats ............... Oh well, back to the drawing board, I guess ....

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 20:12:38 PM »
Im still waiting :waiting: :sigh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 18:50:10 PM »
I've got my trial samples  ;D  6 containers of the chicken flavour one.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 18:05:11 PM »
Ive not tried them on the wet food so maybe I shall pop to the vets and get some - I need more metscam for Fredcat anyway.

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 10:23:31 AM »
I'm thinking of watering it down with some warm water next time - I think the fact that it is so dense makes it a bit difficult for them, and a bit heavy on their tum. Riley nibbled at his today but only finished 2/3 of the half-packet, and Skye was about the same. They are more used to a bit of gravy or jelly in their food, and even nature's menu is a bit softer than this new stuff. I'm thinking that making it a little more moist and soft might do th trick - I'm going to try it next time and see how they manage.

Offline bren

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 19:16:16 PM »
n lot gone down well with my lot at all 2 of them tried a bit but woulld'nt eat it again 1 didn't even try it and 4th one ate some but vomited it back later. tried to do online feedback but won't recognize web site given on letter.

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2008, 14:31:30 PM »
It probably is, Suzanne - I didn't return the initial questionnaire either (shhhh....don't tell anyone! :shocked:) - well, not until today, since receiving the samples left me a bit guilt-ridden! :-[
I guess I wanted to see if they would still have my guys as tester even though I haven't tried any of their products before (but then, my lot don't get dry food except as a very occasional treat, so there's no reason why I would have tried it). I would have thought part of the point of a new range of products is to attract people who wouldn't necessarily have gone for the existing range, and it seems they are of s similar opinion.
Good luck with it - let us know what your crew think of it (assuming that's what the package turns out to be!).

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 06:28:15 AM »
yup, it is a fairly bulky item so my postman got creative and left it in the hanging baskets I have stacked near the front door, and wrote a note on an envelope that he shoved through the door! ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 00:24:15 AM »
Actually, I'm just wondering - I got home to a royal mail delivery card today - tried to deliver a packet that is too big for my letter box.  No idea what it could be as I've not ordered anything by mail order - do you think it might be this food?  I didn't return the questionnaire but I did siign up initially.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 23:13:30 PM »
The ingredients sound pretty good so I look forward to being able to buy it in the shops for my boys.

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 23:10:22 PM »
Well, it all went in the end, and they seemed to like it. They got 1/2 a tub each, and it seems to have filled them up just fine. Riley took a while to finish his, but he does that with all but a few select faves. Skye finished hers fairly quickly, and they both seem to quite like it, though I would say Skye is more taken with it than Riley, but he usually takes a while to warm to anything new, so we'll see how he reacts over the next few days.
It will take a while for me to get through it all with them, though - they never get fed the same thing twice in a row, so it's different food for brekkie and dinner, and different food each day. It stops fussy boy going off things!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 20:53:19 PM »
Susanne thats terrible!  :no no: :no no:

Please don't tell them  :-[

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 20:23:09 PM »
I was going to check the price gillian but their online shop doesnt have the cat wet food up at the moment  :doh:
I cant remember how much i paid for them

It says each tub is a day's worth of food (2 meals) for a 3.5kg cat, but there's no chance of that with Riley - he's 5kg and is a lean, lanky boy - all muscle and no courage lol.

With better quality foods you can feed less as theres more protein/fat/energy in them.

Susanne thats terrible!  :no no: :no no:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 20:04:30 PM »
I didn't send my questionnaire back in time :(  I was all set to send it back when I managed to get hold of some of the dry food to try, so held off sending it until I had tried that.  Of course I forgot :( so my boys are now deprived.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 19:48:48 PM »
well my lot have scarfed down 3/4 of a container each. and for the first time in recorded history, there was hissing going on as Smidgen finished first and wanted to eat Esther's remains. She gave in to him, but I checked and there really was only the licking of the bowl to go, so I let him get away with it. Now both have retired upstairs, leaving Shadow and me to get on as best we can alone .............. Seems the fishy flavour goes down well in this house, at least ............... :wow:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 17:50:37 PM »
mine arrived today also. Am waiting for Smidgen to turn up so I can try them out with it ...  :wow:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 17:36:42 PM »
Beavis and Oscar totally refused to touch it.............................most embarrasing as one of their vets is the man himself! :shy:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 17:17:08 PM »
I got all chicken flavour ones to try - smelt exactly like cold chicken nuggets like you get on a buffet.   day one, cats both scoffed all of it.  Days 2 and 3...one sniff and turned their noses up  :rofl:  Fussy wotsits!   I'm also not terribly impressed with the packaging as it's not easy to re-close or cover if you don't want to dish it up all at once.

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 16:51:01 PM »
Aw bless, sorry Dawn, I should've mentioned that earlier! :-[ :evillaugh:
Well, Skye has wolfed half of hers (they've each been given half a pack to see how they take to it), and is now off helping Riley corner a bluebottle that got in the window... :evillaugh: This is actually pretty typical of them - brekkie gets inhaled, but dinner is a bit more leisurely. They'll no doubt finish it over the next hour.
Riley took to it suprisingly well - head down, half gone straight away. He's usually not quite so keen on new food (except almo / applaws, which is inhaled at any time of the day), and the fact that is a fishy one makes it more suprising. I don't know whether he'd have finished it in one go, as the bluebottle had the virtue of being a moving target, so its forget the food and go on a bug hunt..... :sick:
It is actually more dense than I thought - more like that ultra-expensive organic one with cranberry you can get from pets at home - you know, the one that a few of us tried once only to have almost all feline noses unanimously turned up at it.....it's less oily than that, though, but it looks and smells similar.

Link to CatChat