Author Topic: Are we having a Purrs photo cat show/competition this year?  (Read 8824 times)

Offline feebee

• Adult Cat
  • Jack and Fred true cat eccentrics
Re: Are we having a Purrs photo cat show/competition this year?
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 10:43:59 AM »
My suggestions for categories would be:

Sleepy Head: Speaks for itself!
Kitten Kaboodle: 6mnths and under
Old Timer: 10+
Rescue Romance: This would need to be not just a picture but the story behind it as well
Cat Hero: Again not just the picture but why is your cat a hero to you
Just Plain  :Crazy:: The weird, the whacky. Cats as they are every day - come on, you know what I mean!!

:Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 10:19:21 AM »
DaveD ran one on FelineFriendsForum - there were just five categories if I remember rightly.   Action Cat, Best friends, Sleeping beauties, Comedy cat and Top cat - or similar!

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 00:07:14 AM »
Could Archie enter the stumpy tails section :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 00:00:41 AM »
Its funny but was thinking about this only a few days ago..................and yes it was masses of work  :rofl: :rofl:

Tan and I were talking about this last year after the show finished and were wondering if there was a different way of doing it so that the cats were just not competing against each other. But of course then it would not be a cat show/competition  ;D

I am interested in those who would like show off your cats running head to head with each other, but also interested in voting cos we cant run it without cats and without humans voting.

If we were to have one it would definately not be so complicated as last year but what sort of classes would you like?

Lets have lots of replies and ideas please.

I am willing to run one if there is enough interest and like last year it would be £1 per cat picture per class. As many entries as you like across the classes. Last year you could only have one picture of each cat in each class , maybe you would like to have more? If so how many?

I would have to run with it being a cat show and not a photo competition cos everyone has different skills and I prefer that the cats rule rather than the photographers  ;D

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 23:46:08 PM »
What a good idea ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Are we having a Purrs photo cat show/competition this year?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 22:28:09 PM »
As the title says really - are we having a Purrs photo cat show/competition this year? I know it was a lot of hard work but if the categories were narrowed down then it would probably be much easier to run.  :wish:  Can't remember how much we raised last year but I'm sure we could beat it this year as we have loads of new members  :wow:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 22:38:03 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Link to CatChat