Author Topic: Kitty tattoo  (Read 8345 times)

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
Re: Kitty tattoo
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2008, 19:36:52 PM »
Oh lovely :)

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2008, 12:26:40 PM »
oh i love it  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

where is it?
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
you don't learn anything until you live it

Offline Jennifer

• Adult Cat
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2008, 11:14:52 AM »
Oh, it's gorgeous! I love it. :D

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2008, 17:28:50 PM »
Absolutely absolutely gorgeous!!!!  :Luv:
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2008, 15:50:49 PM »
oooooh that's lovely.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2008, 13:45:45 PM »
That is fab  ;D ;D ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2008, 13:12:24 PM »
I LOVE it!!!  :Luv:

The colours are beautiful
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2008, 12:08:28 PM »
I'm resurrecting this thread! I can't believe I forgot to post a pic of my finished tattoo!!!

Here it is when it was freshly done  ;D

:Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2008, 17:12:24 PM »
What a lovely tribute to a gorgeous cat.  :Luv:

I have to ask though, did it not make you wince being so close to the sole of your foot? I have VERY sensitive feet and the thought a vibrating needle so close makes me feel   :Crazy:
I'd be wanting to boot the tattooist!  :rofl:

It wasn't too bad, I have a very low pain threshold so if I can do it anyone can!  It only took about 15 minutes from start to finish.

That's fab Helen  :Luv:....but can I say the likeness of your foot to my belly is amazing!  :evillaugh:

Eh?  :Crazy:

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
  • Ronnie, Freya, Olly and Mickey!
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2008, 17:06:50 PM »
  This is my tribute to my Bridge Boy Zak  -  Zubin's paw prints are on my lower back - only got four need a few more I think.

Aww, such a beautiful cat and I love the way the tattooist has done the paws so that it looks like he's clinging onto you!  :Luv:
Did you have it done from a photo or just describe Zak to the tattooist?
Life is life -  there is no difference between a cat or a man.  The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.  ~Sri Aurobindo

"I purr, therefore I am."

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2008, 17:03:32 PM »
This is one of mine, it's on my foot and is hindi for 'Forever and Always, until Rainbow Bridge'.  I always told Tiggy I loved her forever and always every time I left the house so those words are really special to me.  It IS straight but the ankle bone makes it look wobbly as the pic was taken from above!

That's fab Helen  :Luv:....but can I say the likeness of your foot to my belly is amazing!  :evillaugh:

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2008, 16:59:52 PM »
This is one of mine, it's on my foot and is hindi for 'Forever and Always, until Rainbow Bridge'.  I always told Tiggy I loved her forever and always every time I left the house so those words are really special to me.  It IS straight but the ankle bone makes it look wobbly as the pic was taken from above!

What a lovely tribute to a gorgeous cat.  :Luv:

I have to ask though, did it not make you wince being so close to the sole of your foot? I have VERY sensitive feet and the thought a vibrating needle so close makes me feel   :Crazy:
I'd be wanting to boot the tattooist!  :rofl:

Life is life -  there is no difference between a cat or a man.  The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.  ~Sri Aurobindo

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2008, 12:48:49 PM »
I would recommend my tattoo artist to anyone cause she is fab  ;D

www.spearstudio.co.uk

She's in Birmingham but shes worth travelling for!

Sometimes recommendations aren't the best to go on (although how else would you know!) as there is a tattooist very highly regarded in the industry that I do NOT like and she gave me a rubbish tattoo, probably because she thought I wasn't hardcore enough or whatever (didn't have many at the time) of course that shouldn't count!!
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2008, 11:26:56 AM »
  This is my tribute to my Bridge Boy Zak  -  Zubin's paw prints are on my lower back - only got four need a few more I think.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2008, 11:19:26 AM »
This is my tattoo, not of a kitty but still quite different. Had it done for my birthday last year!

http://www.simplylogical.co.uk/tattoo/CONTENT/IMAGE/Custom%20Work/image/dusk.jpg

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2008, 22:44:09 PM »
I like the tattoo pain (in a sick way) - which is weird as I hate any kind of pain in general. However, when I had my hips tattooed it was the worst pain I had ever experienced - but a couple of months ago I had my lower back done, and the pain was bearable. My first tattoo on my arm was fine, and so was the tummy tattoo - to the point where the tattoo artist said ''Done!'' and I was like ''what?? could hardly feel it!!''. So I wouldn't worry about the pain, just sit it out. It will be worth it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 22:45:52 PM by jamesonsmum »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2008, 22:03:37 PM »
I can't show my tattoo - let's just say it is close to my heart. The one on my shoulder hurt a lot more afterwards though, I couldn't wear my handbag over that arm for over a week. I wasn't actually going to get another, it was only cos my pawprint is my tribute to Ginger (and other bridge babes), that I did it. I had one that would encompass them all, or i would have had to have 7 tattoos!!
Please spay your cat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 21:31:16 PM »
Very funky  :wow: I think when you think of colour tattoos you think of the old style colour ones like anchors, which is not a good look in my opinion!  I really like the newer coloured stuff and not only is it funky but ultra personal aswell  :)

I'd love to see some photos of said tattoos, so come on people, show us yer tats!!  ;D

awwwww, thats so sweet, nice idea  :)

I think its lovely  :Luv2:

So how do you go about finding a good tatooist?

Visit plenty of tattoo shops & get recommendations! If they're good they usually have a portfolio to show you.
My first tattoos wern't done as well as they should've been, the artist rushed them and the place didn't have a great atmosphere, my new place was totally different, welcomming, full portfolios for every artist, great atmosphere, its so much better!
Quality costs though, but the price shouldn't put you off as its gonna be a part of you forever!

So do they hurt?  I have been wanting one on my wrist but put off buy the sound, maybe if I wear ear plugs?  :evillaugh:

I'd be lying if i said they don't! My first two didn't hurt much, both were at the top of my arms and were quite small, my third was pretty painless too (i fell asleep in the chair!)  :rofl:
but my forth is on my lower back, OUCH! did that hurt!!! haha, i had to have a break half way through

Who is the artist? Am curious

And yes stomach is bad  :doh: I need mine touching up but no way hosay (at least not for a while!)

Shes a tattoo artist from America, her name is Elize, i met her through the art site Deviant Art (she LOVES cats too, her kitty Nimbus features alot in her art!)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2008, 20:10:28 PM »
Helen thought you were terrified of needles; How on earth did you manage all that?

I am!  I've always said I wouldn't mind being stabbed as it's not the pain that worries me but with an injection it's more the thought of something going into the bloodstream, it's making me go fuzzy just typing it!  I wasn't exactly skipping to the tattoo parlour but it's nothing compared to being injected or even worse having a blood test  :Crazy:  Plus it was a tribute to my beloved little girl  :)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2008, 20:06:03 PM »
Helen thought you were terrified of needles; How on earth did you manage all that?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2008, 19:48:05 PM »
Very funky  :wow: I think when you think of colour tattoos you think of the old style colour ones like anchors, which is not a good look in my opinion!  I really like the newer coloured stuff and not only is it funky but ultra personal aswell  :)

I'd love to see some photos of said tattoos, so come on people, show us yer tats!!  ;D

« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 19:52:09 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2008, 19:32:38 PM »
Personally, I really like tattoos and piercings and have several of my own!  ;D

I love the idea of commemorating a much loved feline past or present with a permanent reminder in the form of a tattoo.  :Luv:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2008, 19:08:35 PM »
I think its lovely  :Luv2:

So how do you go about finding a good tatooist?

Offline furballmom

• Senior Cat
  • Gimlee and Phoenix
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 18:52:48 PM »

You could have it on your Boob!  that doesn't hurt at all .... but then I didn't think any of my tattoos hurt  :naughty:
[/quote] having a tattoo on your breast can be tricky as it is very flexible as it wobbles. i know my tattooist always complains its the hardest place to tattoo on a women plus the colour fades quicker as your bra will rub against it

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 18:29:01 PM »
I think its great!

I'm booked in to have Jamesons pawprint eterned on my wrist!! In black, pink and white. Alongside with his name of course - it's going to be a big one!!

Edited as I ended up having him as a Japanese fortune cat instead! On my foot!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 15:32:51 PM by tigerbaby »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 17:20:11 PM »
The noise is what i dont like  :sick:

I have piercings and want a tatoo but the noise. I want Leo on my right wrist but SP does not like them, shame lol

SP?  :-: :-:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 15:56:26 PM »
I will shortly be getting a tattoo dedicated to my lovely Lacie  :Luv:

I've wanted a tattoo of her for a while but was unsure of how to do it as i'm not into portrait tattoos, but i found a great artist that designed this for me -

I'm getting it for her 10th birthday, i get it on 23rd of april and i can't wait!!!

What do you think?

i'll post a pic when its finished!

I love it .... like Mark says very anime  :Luv2:

« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 15:58:14 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 15:55:20 PM »
Lol, are there any good places? OH has a lovely one on his shoulder blade but he can't see it.

You could have it on your Boob!  that doesn't hurt at all .... but then I didn't think any of my tattoos hurt  :naughty:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 15:57:52 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

ccmacey

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 14:15:17 PM »
I have piercings and want a tatoo but the noise. I want Leo on my right wrist but SP does not like them, shame lol

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 13:55:51 PM »
So do they hurt?  I have been wanting one on my wrist but put off buy the sound, maybe if I wear ear plugs?  :evillaugh:

It depends where you have it, and your pain threshold I guess, but I'd have to say that yup, they hurt ......... but its bearable if its something that you really want  :)

The sound is pretty weird, not as bad as the dentist drill, but pretty odd all the same.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 13:56:28 PM by clarenmax »

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 13:49:40 PM »
I watched my friend get one right round the top of his arm, he didn't look like he was in much pain, but the buzzing noise was fairly loud and the tattoo bloke kept wiping what looked like a mixture of ink and blood off his arm.  :sick:

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

ccmacey

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 13:22:42 PM »

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 12:55:59 PM »
Who is the artist? Am curious

And yes stomach is bad  :doh: I need mine touching up but no way hosay (at least not for a while!)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 11:18:31 AM »
True, it does require a mirror. :)

Top of your arm isn't too terrible - unless of course you're REALLY skinny!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 11:04:48 AM »
I can't see it properly on my bum though, lol. If I got one, I'd want to have it somewhere that I could see if quite easily.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 11:03:35 AM »
Lol, are there any good places? OH has a lovely one on his shoulder blade but he can't see it.

Yep, your bum! I'm not kidding, it's got the most padding on the majority of people so you feel it the least. :evillaugh:

The next tattoo I'm saving for is a tribute to my "original posse." (Parsley and the four we have now.) It's a celtic cat with five pawprints round it.

I think it's quite a nice design - not something I'd have as a tattoo, but I can see its appeal. :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 11:03:49 AM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 10:17:18 AM »
Its going on the back of my left leg, calf area, i don't usually like full colour tattoos but this is an exception as i think it needs it, plus my artist is very good at colour tats. The only other colour i have in my tats is a smallish blue star within another star on the back of my right leg (i will be adding to more coloured stars to this) but i think i'll stick to mostly black/grey work with a little bit of colour here and there.
The style is not really anime but it has a definate japanese kawaii-inspired feeling to it (kawaii bascially means 'cuteness')  :Luv:

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 09:24:38 AM »

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 09:22:05 AM »
Wrist is agony - well it was for me anyway, right across the bone is teeth gritting time  :evillaugh:

p.s wouldnt recommend elbow either  :shocked:

Or tummy, as I learned to my cost  :rofl:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 09:08:31 AM »
Wrist is agony - well it was for me anyway, right across the bone is teeth gritting time  :evillaugh:

p.s wouldnt recommend elbow either  :shocked:

Link to CatChat