Author Topic: Idiot vet  (Read 8339 times)

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
Re: Idiot vet
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2008, 23:17:49 PM »
So pleased he's been found  :innocent:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2008, 22:26:51 PM »
What a relief that hes been found

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2008, 08:20:30 AM »
So glad he has turned up
Please spay your cat

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2008, 20:29:13 PM »
So pleased he's turned up  ;D

Offline bren

• Adult Cat
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2008, 19:57:17 PM »
so pleased he's safe.

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
  • Ronnie, Freya, Olly and Mickey!
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2008, 18:45:18 PM »
That's great news for the cat who must have felt confused and abandoned  >:(

Such a huge relief for the owner as well, she must have been sooo worried.  :(

If I were the owner, I would change vets like a shot after a scare like this.  :Crazy:

I'm glad there's been a happy outcome and hope the vet in question does everything possible to ensure this never happens again.
Life is life -  there is no difference between a cat or a man.  The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.  ~Sri Aurobindo

"I purr, therefore I am."

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2008, 18:28:19 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So glad it's a happy ending BUT I would make the vet's life hell.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2008, 13:32:08 PM »
So pleased for the cat and the lady ;D

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2008, 11:40:21 AM »
Thank goodness he's safe  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2008, 11:37:57 AM »
What a relief!  Glad the little cat is home with his family, he must have been scared rigid.

Offline Puffball (Louise)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2008, 11:36:53 AM »
 :cheer: so glad the poor little lad is OK

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2008, 11:19:14 AM »
I bet she is changing vets now  :evillaugh:

I think if it was me, I certainly would.  It's a shame as well, the owner of the vets is a fantastic vet and a really decent guy.   I used to deal with him when I had my other shepherd who had heart problems, the vet that lost the cat is actually the son but I've just phoned my friend who also does rescue to give her the news and she said it has happened before  >:(  >:(  Apparently a few years ago, a vet took another cat from another surgery and the same thing happened, it took 2 weeks to get the cat back.

Lets hope the owner in NOT charged for his treatment.

My friend is ringing her now and telling her to refuse to pay if she hasn't done already.  She also deals with these vets so I know she'll give them what for when she's next in there.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2008, 11:17:19 AM »
Fab news on this little guy, he has been found and he's fine  :yesss:  :yesss:  He was found near the main surgery so he did escape the other end  >:(  At least that's one bit of good news for today  :hug:  :hug:

Thank Heaven - poor little lad must of been terrified. At least he is safe. Lets hope the owner is NOT charged for his treatment.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 11:18:29 AM by Gail Bengal Slave »

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »
I was hoping for that news when I saw your name DD  :hug:

I bet the lady is over the moon :)

I would still give the vet a good kicking (verbally of course  :innocent: )

I would still absolutely consult legal counsel, I expect the vet relies on her being so relieved she won't bother, but I certainly would.
Even if the basket was old or the catches were loose he still has a duty of care.
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline Inky

• Adult Cat
  • Kitties Woody, Taiki and Twyla
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 11:11:10 AM »
Yay! Good news!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 11:09:08 AM »
I was hoping for that news when I saw your name DD  :hug:

I bet the lady is over the moon :)

I would still give the vet a good kicking (verbally of course  :innocent: )

« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 11:09:24 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 11:09:03 AM »
Fab news on this little guy, he has been found and he's fine  :yesss:  :yesss:  He was found near the main surgery so he did escape the other end  >:(  At least that's one bit of good news for today  :hug:  :hug:

Oh that is so fantastic.
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 11:07:20 AM »
excellent news!  hopefully the vet will be more careful in future

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 11:06:40 AM »

Offline Inky

• Adult Cat
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 11:03:43 AM »
Oh my how horrific  :'( I recoiled as I read that!

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 10:56:33 AM »

Some stories on here ( and catchat ) just get into your brain, the other one I can never forget is when that poor catchatter told the story of the RSPCA taking the wrong two cats and euthanising them on arrival ( I forget the users name ), just dreadful, dreadful.

Was that on the news? Think I read something about it. Also this - http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=454396&in_page_id=1770 - makes me feel physically sick to think about  :-[ And the RSPCA can't even get Morks name right!!!

This one was many years ago, and the catchatter had found two strays, taken them in and arranged for a friend to housesit when the RSPCA came to pick them up. Instead they took his/her two elderly cats and PTS on arrival. When the catchatter got home they found the horrible mistake and rang the RSPCA to get the cats back home. But no, they had been slaughtered.
I cannot even begin to imagine.
( Don't really get why the friend was such a twit but hey ho ).

A friend of mine recently went to visit an RSPCA shelter to visit a friend who was volunteering there. He was so utterly appalled by the conditions he took a cat home.

Of course there are good kind people working for the RSPCA who are utterly devoted to animals, but sometimes it's like a story from an animal house of horrors.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 10:18:23 AM »
The dealings I have had with the RSPCA have always left me feeling very angry. The TV programme Animal Hospital  always portrays a nice cosy image but the reality is very different >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 09:56:07 AM »
The RSPCA scare the life out of me - they really need a kick up the ass. They do literally get away with murder  >:(

I remember this story from last year - It is sickening.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Inky

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 09:44:37 AM »

Some stories on here ( and catchat ) just get into your brain, the other one I can never forget is when that poor catchatter told the story of the RSPCA taking the wrong two cats and euthanising them on arrival ( I forget the users name ), just dreadful, dreadful.

Was that on the news? Think I read something about it. Also this - http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=454396&in_page_id=1770 - makes me feel physically sick to think about  :-[ And the RSPCA can't even get Morks name right!!!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 09:47:36 AM by Inky »

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 09:35:43 AM »
By now, if it were me and there were no signs of the cat I think I would be being dragged to the doctor to be medicined.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 09:04:24 AM »
That's awful.  :censored: vet. I know people make mistakes and accidents happen but that is just plain irresponsible!

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 22:21:58 PM »
Thats just terrible >:( The poor lady must be out of her mind with worry and the poor cat must be terrified.

What a  :censored: vet. The local press ought to be informed so the public know what a  :censored: he is >:(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 22:16:05 PM »
Thats disgusting , poor woman and poor poor cat.
Thats given me something else to panic about tomorrow now -will tell them to be careful with Smartie and not to lose him either - god, my hairs gone even grayer this week !!

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 22:07:24 PM »
I keep looking at my two curled up here safely and can't get that poor cat and his owner out of my mind.  :(

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 22:05:09 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
I agree with Mark - sue the pooey head.  I would be outside his vet with leaflets saying how incompetent he is - I might get in to trouble for it but I wouldn't care.  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I really do hope there's a happy ending to this.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 21:59:54 PM »
That is terrible, just terrible.  If I was the vet I would leave no stone unturned looking for the poor cat.

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
  • Ronnie, Freya, Olly and Mickey!
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 20:54:04 PM »
That is just terrible, I would be out of my mind if it was one of my cats, poor woman  :(

I really hope this cat has managed to find somewhere safe and warm but what will the future hold if they can't find a way back home?   :scared:

Two things spring to mind:
How did the cat manage to escape from the carrier in the first place?!  :-:

Why hasn't the vet or someone else from the practice done everything in their power to try and find this poor cat?  :Crazy:

We put our trust into people like this  :censored:,  surely they are accountable for incompetence of this nature?  >:(
Life is life -  there is no difference between a cat or a man.  The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.  ~Sri Aurobindo

"I purr, therefore I am."

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 18:14:16 PM »
This keeps wandering into my mind.

If I was that vet, and knew the drama this lady could create amongst local pet owners should she go public with this ( boy would I go public, there'd be leafleting like there's no tomorrow ), I would have cancelled some of the non-urgent appointments, and gone out searching with a vet nurse / receptionist in tow, at least to be seen to be making some effort for my UTTER INCOMPETENCE.

Agreed! Totally unbelievable that he seems to have put so little effort into retrieving the cat, not someone I would want to take an animal of mine to. Regardless of trying to avoid bad PR he should feel a moral obligation to do everything possible  >:(

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 18:04:05 PM »
This keeps wandering into my mind.

If I was that vet, and knew the drama this lady could create amongst local pet owners should she go public with this ( boy would I go public, there'd be leafleting like there's no tomorrow ), I would have cancelled some of the non-urgent appointments, and gone out searching with a vet nurse / receptionist in tow, at least to be seen to be making some effort for my UTTER INCOMPETENCE.
I think this turd needs to be named and shamed by the lady regardless of whether her poor cat returns.

Gosh, this is really bugging me.

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 18:02:47 PM »
What an  :censored:  I'd be fuming.  I hope the little one finds his way home, or to a rescue.

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 17:35:28 PM »
Unbelievably stupid!  :Crazy:

Poor lady and poor, poor cat  :(

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 14:13:03 PM »
What a muppet  >:(

I think Muppet is a bit tame -  :censored: :censored: springs to mind. If it was my babe I'd nail his bum to to floor. (The Vet's not my kitties) I'd go ballistic BIG time.

Me too. I can't even begin to imagine.

This will haunt me all day, ******* **** vet.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 13:47:49 PM »
This is just awful, I truly hope this babe is found, and quickly.

Stupid  :censored: vet, I hope he gets a suitable punishment for this  :censored:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 13:45:36 PM »
What a complete  :censored: idiot!

I feel so sorry for the owner and her cat, she should sue, he must have insurance and certainly has a duty of care.

Dark Moon

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 13:22:20 PM »
Cannot believe anyone, least of all a vet, could be so stupid. Me and my babies will send out all manner of good thoughts for the little lost one. And other, rather less kind thoughts for the vet!

Link to CatChat