Author Topic: another kitty :)  (Read 8807 times)

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
Re: another kitty :)
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 11:07:41 AM »
I know I know..... God i will never live with myself if I get another Coonie will I with you lot !!

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 11:07:27 AM »
If Leo would appreciate a friend, he wont care if it is a Maine Coon or not Lisa, and as Helen says, it is being a cat that makes them special, not a breed.

Totally agree with Desley and Helen on this one.  As stunning looking as pedigrees go they are still a cat,to me a moggie is just as special,I haven't even got the funds to afford a pedigree so I cant even think about having a purebred but with a moggie I'd still have a cat which is the most important thing to me.  They are all just as special to me wheather they are my pedigree dogs or moggie cats  :evillaugh:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 11:04:11 AM »
If Leo would appreciate a friend, he wont care if it is a Maine Coon or not Lisa, and as Helen says, it is being a cat that makes them special, not a breed.
Please spay your cat

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 11:02:50 AM »
Oh I so want another Maine Coon tho ....... I thought I would treat myself & leo with my redundancy money..

I could always get a rescue when I move into a house ?   

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 10:55:23 AM »
I vote YES  :wow: to a furry friend for Leo.  Am going to surprise you here by saying...  you should get a rescue moggie.  I know you love Leo to bits and he has a super personality but to be honest he is still a cat at the end of the day which is why he's so special, not just because he has a name of a breed put against him.  My boys have the most amazing little personalities, they're funny, confident, loving, affectionate - I could go on and on - the reason they are like this is not because they are moggies but because they are cats  :)

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 09:49:03 AM »
I know exactly the response I am going to get regarding getting another Maine Coon & not a rescue.. but You just can't get rescue kittens that are Coonies.. They are 9 times out of 10 adults which obviosly wouldnt work with Leo. I would need a kitten..

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 09:03:53 AM »
Well you know the answer you will get to the last question. So I will focus on the rest. If Leo is a strong personality then you probably need to get a less assertive cat. If Leo's personality is part of being a Maine Coon, then the new cat can not been a Coony. Female cats tend to be more assertive than males (though that is not the case in my house - actually come to think of it, it is the case in my house, it is just that Esther is a benign dictator). Getting something a little younger than leo, but not entirely a kitten is possibly your best solution. Something that has developed a personality so you can see what you are getting, to some extent.

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
another kitty :)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 08:58:10 AM »
Well... I think im swaying on getting another kitten ?

I think it would be lovely for Leo to have a little furry friend !

BUT I would want another male. Now Leo has a very strong personality indeed. Will his nose be pushed out of place ? What if I get a new one & Leo doesnt like him ? I really want to get another but if Leo hated him then I would be stuck with a kitty that I couldnt face rehoming !

My aunt advised against me getting another as her kittens grew up to hate eachother .. it is really worrying for me incase this happens !

Also I wanted to get a rescue kitty as a 2nd.. & I know I should as there are SO many lovelies that need a home.. but then I would LOVE another Maine Coon as they are just so different from any other cat I have had.. am I being selfish by not getting a rescue this time around ?

oh decisions decisions  :innocent:

Link to CatChat