Author Topic: Lucas' room - the second chapter  (Read 12496 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Lucas' room - the second chapter
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2007, 01:01:03 AM »
Do hope their tummys settle down soon, then it can be all love and cuddles  ;D

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2007, 00:59:03 AM »
I don't mind the thread being hijacked  :evillaugh: need all the bathing tips I can get!

I have just been into them now and they need a wash again really  :( will do it in the bath tomorrow with the shower head and that might not be so hard to do (it was in the sink before) I think I made Fiz scared of me - but she really needed a wash  :( Erick is a bit nervous but the love of a good fuss outweighs that  ;D

The carpet has taken a beating today! I think I will buy a few Sunday papers tomorrow and cover the floor in them so at least any soiled papers can be removed/replaced rather than constantly scrubbing the carpet every few hours (and they dont like standing on the wet floor! keep doing that thing where they shake their paw in disapproval  :rofl: )

I think I will get into the habit of having the two sets of beds and going through the constant wash-dry-replace cycle, yesterdays beds are now washed and dried to replace todays with - am so glad we got the washing machine put in last week now  :rofl:

Helen - what is Sheryl's name on here - am I being forgetful? It is late for me after all  :evillaugh:

Gillian - who is that a piccie of? What a cutie!  :Luv:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2007, 23:23:12 PM »
Just wonderful Dawn  :Luv:

These two babies have landed on their paws with you and DD xxx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2007, 20:48:29 PM »
They're both gorgeous (no hope of them growing into those ears though  :evillaugh:).  Lucas would be very proud  :hug:

Hope you can sort their tummies out, might be worth PM-ing Sheryl as her two bengals had a similar problem, all the vets tests came up with nothing out of the ordinary but with a stable diet and a supplement they are both doing really well.

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2007, 18:53:36 PM »
Lol Gillian who is that happy looking lucky one there? :evillaugh:  Isn't it amazing how small and skinny they get when they are wet? :rofl:

(Mods, we are highjacking the thread... :Crazy: but it is an interesting topic, maybe it is an idea to split this thread and create a "cat bathing" thread?)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2007, 18:25:18 PM »
Aww, bless them. hope they forgive you soon.
Please spay your cat

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2007, 17:45:49 PM »
Its also helps if you stand them on something, if your'e doing it in a bath - I use an upturned crate with a bath mat on top to stop them slipping, as in the pic, or you could use an upturned plastic laundry basket with the bath mat on.

Brilliant idea Gillian as saves getting a sore back bending into the bath. Will remember that next time I bath Bilbo.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2007, 17:38:49 PM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  ;D

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2007, 17:28:12 PM »
Its also helps if you stand them on something, if your'e doing it in a bath - I use an upturned crate with a bath mat on top to stop them slipping, as in the pic, or you could use an upturned plastic laundry basket with the bath mat on.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2007, 17:02:03 PM »
Dylan used to have to be bathed on a daily basis when he had his tummy problems  :sick:  :sick:  I found the easiest way to do it was with the shower head.  I would get my son to hold him and I'd put the shampoo etc on him and wash him down, it was much quicker and less traumatic for all concerned, me included  :shy:  The first few times I did him in the Bidet and I looked like I'd been attacked by Edward Scissorhands  :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2007, 16:46:22 PM »
Natasha, my mother's siamese would cling grimly to the edge of the sink with one paw, the other firmly embedded in my hand, and just grizzle quietly while going crosseyed with anxiety ... And the look she gave when she was finally released!! :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2007, 16:34:52 PM »
I'm over the moon for these babes and I haven't stopped thinking about them  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  I'm going to pop over to see them again tomorrow, well Dawn and Phil as well  :evillaugh:  I just happened to forget to leave some sensitive food there that I'd got in my car  :Dont know: and I've also got to pick my son up from Manchester so it's a good excuse anyway  :naughty:

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2007, 16:12:42 PM »
I can imagine about Fiz in the bath, once I had to give Hobbes a fleabath, my god he kept letting out such bloodcurdling yowls so loudly as if he were yelling out to the whole neighbourhood "Hellllpppp my slave has decided to butcher me to pieces!!"  :Crazy:
Hope this won't need to be repeated very often if ever again!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: anew... :Luv:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2007, 15:44:56 PM »
yes, highly strung animals do that. My mother's poodle was like that when we first got her. She settled down once she worked out no-one was going to yell at her or hit her ... but we had some nasty little trails up the hall carpet for quite some time after she arrived

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2007, 15:21:53 PM »
There is so much I dont about about cats  :evillaugh:

I have NEVER given a cat a bath before but by did these two need one this morning   ;) they were all nervous too bless them and had wedged themselves in behind a box - took alot of coaxing to get them out, I do wonder if they have been told off for making a mess of themselves in the past and they were afraid I was going to do the same.

Four beds in the boil wash this morning  :evillaugh: along with a pair of my trousers! they are still eating well.

I went to PAH to see what they had in the way of "cat shampoo" again, I have not got a clue about these things. I was quite annoyed that they have around 20 shampoos for dogs of all types and nothing for cats! I got speaking to a lady in the food aisle who has a Birman with an upset tummy and she said she is going through the process of trying all the sensitive foods out too - I asked her about the shampoo and she said she uses baby shampoo so I went to the supermarket and got some of that.

Fiz did not like being bathed at all  :( I felt guilty but it had to be done - she was crying for Erick from the bathroom and he was crying back at her  :'( lets just say it was a two person job and they WERE clean but are quickly making a change to that as we speak! They didnt speak to me for a little while after that but I dont think these two babies can last long without a snuggle when its on offer - Erick was just sat with his front paws on my legs, purring his head off and keeps looking up at me with big blue eyes  :Luv2: I started falling asleep it was so nice and comfy  :Luv:

They are trying to use their litter tray, I wasn't sure if they would - I think they just dont realise they are "going" half the time  :( I hope I can win them round so they are not so nervous because I think that will help them out.

I do love the spelling of Erick too, I think it is unusual and suits him down to the ground  :wow:
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2007, 14:48:59 PM »
What an adorable pair of furries!!  The name Erick caught my attention, too, an unusual spelling, not Eric, nor Erik, but Erick... and one of the dearest friends I ever had when I lived in San Antonio Texas, he was also EriCK. :)  I feel so  :Luv: also because it shows that Lucas is now taking good care of you and these babies from up above.  And feed them well, (which obviously you are doing exactly  ;) ), looks like they need it!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: to you Dawn, Erick and Fiz!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 14:56:32 PM by dolcetta46 »

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2007, 14:35:33 PM »
They were hilarious with the food  :rofl: Fiz stuck her paw in the water bowl because she was so excited about that recovery food  :Luv2: they absolutely demolished it!

What a sweetie pie  :Luv: So pleased to hear they are loving their food and are very happy with you  ;D Fantastic start!

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2007, 14:27:59 PM »
Dawn, they are lovely and it's great to know they will have such a great home to get better.  :Luv2: :Luv2: I am  :sick: with envy

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2007, 14:07:12 PM »
Oh they look absolutely gorgeous - lovely colours!  :Luv2: - I'm sure with your love and care their tummies will be sorted out, can't wait to hear updates.  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2007, 09:30:15 AM »
They're gorgeous! I love siamese cats.  :Luv: Good luck helping Erick and Fiz with their tummy issues.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2007, 08:04:56 AM »
They were hilarious with the food  :rofl: Fiz stuck her paw in the water bowl because she was so excited about that recovery food  :Luv2: they absolutely demolished it!

I am getting up now - about to go in and see them - hope they are okay! Its freezing here too so need to put their heating on  :Luv:
Its feeding time at the zoo, I have a tortie rubbing all over my hands and laptop while I try to type (Gerti) she is purring her head off so I think its a hint  ;)

More pictures later on I am sure  :)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2007, 00:48:47 AM »
:mad2: Makes me mad when people do that!!!

I have learnt to quietly bite my tongue in these situations although sometimes I can feel the steam coming out of my ears  :sneaky:  To be fair to the breeder, I think she does care about her cats.  I know in this instance she used the "they will be put to sleep" ploy on me but she has spent a lot of money trying to get these two sorted out and she has been trying for the last 15 months, I don't think a lot of breeders would do that tbh.   Sean said today that he thought little Erik had lost more weight since he saw him last but none have a temperature so I'm still swinging towards the notion that it's dietary or even stress related.  He said today that he doesn't think it's stress as it's unusual with them being siblings and having the same problem but I think they have been isolated, they don't really get much interaction as she's busy with the other cats/kittens and they do crave attention, it was obvious at Dawn's tonight, this is something they do need.  The other thing he was thinking was it was possibly a genetic problem but the breeder knows the lines and said it's impossible so I don't know.  I think we will just have to wait and see but if tonight was anything to go by, I expect to see nice podgy tummies next time I see them  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2007, 00:21:01 AM »
These cats are absolutely lovely, I am so in love with the pair of them and I'm sure they'll melt a few hearts along the way  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:  I bought them some Hill's Recovery food and before I'd even got it on the plate they were wolfing it down, they ended up eating a tray each  :rofl:  They are extremely underweight especially the gorgeous boy Erick, he is just so beautiful but they both look so delicate bless them.  They settled in in no time and Fiz was very inquisite, and couldn't keep her nose out of anything.........I'm really pleased they've got a new mummy and daddy, I know it may be temporary but who knows  :evillaugh:   Thanks again Dawn and Phil, Lucas will be so proud of you both and so am I  :hug:  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2007, 22:27:31 PM »
i always find helping another needy cat helps a lot.
Please spay your cat

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2007, 22:26:03 PM »
They're stunners both of them  :Luv:
So glad they've got you to care for them  :hug:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2007, 22:21:20 PM »
 :Luv: we had to drag ourselves out of their room to let them sleep as they were trying to sleep but then curiosity kept getting the better of them and they would come back out for a pet - they are both really loving (and inquisitive!) but a little nervous :blow kiss:

Not sure if they have been played with before as they were intrigued but baffled by our selection of toys (unless we just buy strange toys!!) Again that might be nervousness with them.
More pictures tomorrow I am sure  :) they have definitely put a little smile back on my face today.

p.s Susanne and Ems (and anyone else for that matter!) - feel free to come visit anytime you like  :hug:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2007, 22:19:06 PM »
Ooh - they are gorgeous  :Luv:  Think I'll be around to visit!  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2007, 22:16:01 PM »
Such a heart warming story and they look so needy, great big eyes and ears just saying help us please, and you are, wonderful  ;D

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2007, 22:12:22 PM »
Awww they look like they've taken over already  :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2007, 22:06:09 PM »
Aww, bless them. Hope you can get them better soon and find a good home for them.
Please spay your cat

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2007, 22:02:37 PM »
You've set us all up for another online love-affair! ;D

Wait until you see these pictures  :Luv: the babies are here, and all snuggly in Lucas' room. I am sure Dawn only picks the most beautiful babies for us to foster- first our handsome boy Lucas and now these two (with his help too of course!). I hope Lucas will watch over them in his room and I am sure he will send some of his wonderful purrs from the bridge to help them get better.

These two are absolute purr boxes  :) they absolutely adore each other and have sampled all of Lucas' favourite beds and snuggle-places and chosen Lucas' favourite cushion to fall asleep on together - they are all snuggled up with paws around each other like a special two-piece kitty jigsaw.

I really hope we can help Erick and Fiz and their tums  ;D

Apologies for dark pics but the cushion they are enjoying is under a chair with another cushion on  :evillaugh:

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2007, 19:24:00 PM »
Aw they are absolutely gorgeous! I love oriental breeds :Luv2: They look like a real pair of sweeties, and it sounds as if they'll melt lots of hearts with such affectionate personalities and adorable faces (darling departed Lucas has exquisite taste) :Luv2: :Luv: Oh Dawn, how can you do this to us? You've set us all up for another online love-affair! ;D
Purrs and gentle headbutts to the new babies  ;)

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2007, 18:47:18 PM »
The breeder rehomes the older ones, well not old but she lets them have a couple of litters first, then they are spayed and rehomed. 

:mad2: Makes me mad when people do that!!!

Glad these 2 have got such a loving foster home ready and I hope that they are back to full health soon and tummy problems sorted out and find a new home with someone who will love them forever. Choc tortie Siamese looks such an unusual colour, never seen/heard of those before. Give them both a cuddle from me  :hug:

Lucus is such a wonderful boy finding these Siameses for Dawn and Phil  to love and look after and I am sure that he will watch carefully over them and all the future occupants of his room :) Sleep well little Lucas xxx

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2007, 18:38:04 PM »
They're precious  :Luv:
I'm sure you'll all do a grand job with them!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2007, 18:36:43 PM »
Aww, I am glad that you are willing to continue to foster, and I hope you work wonders on these babes and that they can then go on to find their forever homes.
Please spay your cat

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2007, 17:53:37 PM »
They are stunning  :Luv:

To Dawn and Phil, can I just say how proud of you guys I am, and I'm sure that Lucas  has had a huge paw in all of this, directing things from The Bridge.

I know you two can make a huge difference to these babes, just as you did with darling Lucas.

Well done  :hug:
x

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2007, 17:33:28 PM »
They are lovely!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2007, 16:54:06 PM »
The breeder rehomes the older ones, well not old but she lets them have a couple of litters first, then they are spayed and rehomed.  I think she does charge a set amount for them but I know if she gets any others that she's desperate to get homes for, she will give me a shout.

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2007, 16:44:42 PM »
Wow! they are gorgeous!!

I have always wanted a siamese-maybe one day.....

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2007, 16:41:37 PM »
I've picked them up and they are gorgeous  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  Dawn, you will love them I promise, they are beautiful.  Their names are Eric and Fizz and Eric already loves his Aunty Dawn    :evillaugh: :Luv:  :Luv:  He snuggled up to me when Uncle Sean was giving him the once over  :)  They are very skinny bless them but I've picked some Hill's Recovery food up for them to try and settle their tums abit.  Sean said they've been tested for everything and up to now everything is clear.  The only thing he doesn't think they've had done is blood tests  :Crazy:  I'm surprised at this really but I said I want them to settle for a couple of weeks first then if needed, he can do some bloods on them.  I'm hoping they will settle, I would love them to get sorted, they are just adoreable and little purr monsters  :Luv:

Eric is the Apricot and already I'm in love  :Luv2:  Fizz is the chocolate tortie and is also a little sweetheart  :Luv2:  Piccies not very good as I took them in the carrier but it will give you an idea  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat