Author Topic: RIP Lucas - too beautiful for this world  (Read 9803 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: RIP Lucas - too beautiful for this world
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2007, 11:59:04 AM »
I'm so sorry Dawn, Phil and DD.

It was obvious from your posts, Dawn that you (and Phil) loved him as a member of your family - and I'm sure it was obvious to him too.

DD, you gave him that time in a home where he was loved. Yes, it was tragically short and there's no getting around how much losing a loved one hurts, but knowing you gave him that should help all of you. When he went, he'd known real love and that's one of the best gifts you can give.

Sending you all loads of  :hug: .

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2007, 11:24:08 AM »
Oh Dawn & DD i can't believe it, what a shock.  :'(  Sending all my love and hugs over to you both. You helped him and gave him the love he soo deserved. He will never forget it and he will always have a place in our hearts.  :'(

Rest easy darlin lad.  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have popped a little tribute for him up in Rainbow bridge. http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=9742.0

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2007, 11:10:47 AM »
Oh Dawn (both of you!)  :hug:

I'm in bits here  :'(  You are so right he was so special, i don't think felt so overwhelmed by another cat before now. Even though i only had the privilege of meeting Lucas briefly i can honestly say that he left a lovely snuggly paw print on my heart. Jon even said did i want to ask could we be his forever home because i did nothing but talk him about him. Such a special boy. 

:grouphug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2007, 10:57:26 AM »
Dawn, I only stopped crying a few minutes ago and your post has set me off again :hug:  I took 2 cats in this morning for spaying and cried all the way home  :'(  :'(  Lucas went peacefully and I held him and gave him some kisses from us all before he went to the bridge, he knew he was loved so much.   Try to keep your chin up hun, I know what you're both going through, xxxxxxxx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2007, 10:57:10 AM »
OMG I have just seen this, I can't believe it, Dawn you gave Lucas the love and dignity he deserved

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2007, 10:52:23 AM »
hi guys, thankyou so much for your posts of support - I am in bits today, I don't really know what I am doing and I can't help myself but keep getting upset.

I have never lost a cat before, and Lucas was a member of our family - me and Phil are absolutely in pieces as it was such a shock and he will be sorely missed.

I broke down when I woke up this morning and saw his photo on the wall and also would normally pop into his room in the morning to say hello but I really can't bear to even look at his bedroom door right now never mind go in there for anything. It is all I can do to not be permanently crying today.

I drove to work and was crying in the car, I heard that Delilah song on the radio and it sounds stupid but we have been talking non stop about our holiday to new york recently and I have been a bit obsessed with it - I heard that line 'times square cant shine as bright as you' and it set me off crying again.

I am training today (on morning break) and it must be obvious to my students that I am upset, I am glad they are working on computers most of the time as they are not facing me then and I  have had watery eyes all morning - my eyes are all red too.

Lucas was the kindest, sweetest loveliest cat anyone could ever hope to meet - he didn't deserve the life he had, and he definitely did not deserve it to be cut short and so suddenly. Those of you who met him (Lyn, Susanne, Ems) will know how lovely he was, and he meant so much to me, Phil and DD, anyone who met him fell in love with him. He was such a charmer, he could definitely give "the look" and he was a cat who should have had a life of being pampered and looked after - he definitely enjoyed the finer things (cat milk, posh food)
I am just glad that he had a good end and that we were the ones lucky enough to share his last months with him.

I have been looking for a rainbow today - I whispered to his picture this morning that I want a rainbow to know he got to the bridge okay. I also said I miss him and that I am sorry, and that I love him so much.

I thought on the way to work this morning that I hope Charlie meets him at the bridge. Its all I can hope right now that I will see him again there.

Again, thank you for your messages and those who sent PM's - I will reply when I can

RIP my poor baby boy
xxxxxxxx

« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 10:53:16 AM by Cheesecat (Dawn) »
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2007, 10:50:40 AM »
RIP Little Man  :'(
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2007, 10:39:23 AM »

Reckon you should take solace in the fact that the love and care you gave him would have made him forget about the rough time he had, and he went knowing without a doubt that you all cared and loved him.

This post really got me going. It is so true. He will have no bad memories, just good ones and that is the most wonderful thing for a cat with a poor background. He will remember the warmth, the smiles, the purrs and not the cold, damp loneliness. RIP little Lucas xx
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2007, 10:31:09 AM »
RIP little Lucas xx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2007, 10:30:53 AM »
Dawn I'm so very very sorry to hear about Lucas ... poor baby.

Big hugs to you and Chris.

RIP little man  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2007, 10:21:44 AM »
I am so very very sorry, Lucas knew love and affection for his last few months and he will take those lovely memories to the bridge with him.

RIP Lucas - play hard at the bridge sweetheart xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2007, 09:58:50 AM »
I'm so sorry and big hug to you. At least like the others have said, you gave the little fellow such love and warmth in his last months. Hope at least that's of some comfort to you. RIP little Lucas.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2007, 09:24:19 AM »
I’m so sorry to hear that Lucas passed, he had a warm place and love in his last few months and I’m sure that meant the world to him.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2007, 09:22:15 AM »
So sorry to hear about Lucas   :hug: :hug:
You gave him the best last months a kitty could wish for   :hug:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2007, 09:14:59 AM »
Hi Dawn and Phil,

I'm so very sorry to read your sad news, I can only echo what others have said and wish you all the best at this sad time.

RIP little fella and play hard at the bridge knowing that you were so very much loved.

:Luv: :hug:

Leigh

« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 09:15:25 AM by LeighK »
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2007, 09:11:54 AM »
Oh no, I am so so sorry to hear this  :hug:

Big hugs to Dawn, Dawn and Phil, you have all done an amazing job giving the gorgeous Lucas so much love and care over the last few months.

RIP handsome boy  :(

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2007, 09:06:12 AM »
Hell, I'm sorry Dawn, Phil and DD  :hug:

Reckon you should take solace in the fact that the love and care you gave him would have made him forget about the rough time he had, and he went knowing without a doubt that you all cared and loved him.

From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2007, 09:01:09 AM »
I've only just caught up with this, after having George at the Vet yesterday but soooooooooo sorry to hear the news and love and hugs to all of you Dawn, Phil and DD.

Rescuing and fostering is full of heartache but believe me Dawn and Phil when I say you made a HUGE difference to Lucas' life and showed him love and comfort in the last months of his life and, though it hurts like crazy now, there are others out there that will need that love and comfort too and Lucas will be looking down on you and purring like crazy to see what he started in your hearts.

RIP Lucas, and find all our furbabes to play with.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2007, 08:57:35 AM »
Oh no, I don't know what to say  :'(

RIP Lucas, you darling boy  :'(

Big  :hug: to Dawns and Phil, your love these last few months made such a difference to this little man, and he was able to live out his days knowing love and warmth  :hug: xxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2007, 08:41:15 AM »
Im so sorry

RIP Lucas Play well at the bridge little one

:hug: :hug: :hug:
love
Tab

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2007, 08:08:02 AM »
Oh god, can't believe I'm reading this  :'(  RIP Lucas, you gorgeous boy.  Enjoy playing at the bridge, fully restored to health and vitality.  I will ask Magpie to keep a look out for you and show you the ropes.

Big hugs and thanks to the 2 Dawns  :hug: for making Lucas's last few months special.  At least he was loved right up until the end.

My vets provide their own 24 hr cover so I just ring my usual vets number and get put through to a call centre.  Then the vet rings me back and I just take them to the usual surgery 5 mins drive away.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2007, 07:45:51 AM »
I am so very sorry to hear this, it really is the downside of fostering, but the way I look at it is that you know you have given them the love, care and attention they truly deserve for the time they have with you, and that without you, their end could have been so much worse. In time that will be a comfort. RIP little one, at least you were loved and happy, and went with dignity.

Re the out of hours vets, you may find that you have to use the ones your vet has a contract with, it is something that is worth checking before it is an emergency, and it is something vets have to offer as standard, so most will have it on their answerphone - I keep mine (and my emergency docs) stored in my mobile, but will put them in my address book too in case the moby is dead (as it currently is).
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2007, 02:39:21 AM »
This is the horrible side to doing what we do and I feel gutted for Dawn and Phil to have gone through this on their first foster  :'(  :'(  It's bad enough with any animal but for a cat like Lucas to go through what he did, and us wishing a long happy life for him to make up for all those years of being unwanted, it's heartbreaking to say the least  :'(  :'(

Dawn, I know you and Phil will never regret giving Lucas a roof over his head, and I know you both loved him with all your heart, you could clearly see that  :hug:  My heart feels like it's broken in two with what's happened and I know yours and Phils does too, but Lucas had a fab couple of months, he had the best mum and dad he could wish for, he was spoilt rotten and he was loved, and if we hadn't have intervened his outcome doesn't bear thinking about.  I'm sure he knew how much he was loved and if he could say something, I'm sure he'd be saying thanks for giving him a chance at happiness albeit for a short time  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2007, 01:30:00 AM »
Oh Dawn, Phil and DD. I'm so so sorry.

RIP gorgeous Lucas. Xxx

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2007, 01:29:46 AM »
So Sorry  :(  Dawn(Diddydawn) and condolencies to Dawn and Phil too  :hug: :hug: :hug:

:RIP: Lucas
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2007, 01:17:27 AM »
The thing that sickens me with the whole emergency vet charges is animals suffer because of it.  I know there's no way Lucas would have suffered, Dawn and Phil were quite happy to pay by cheque but with what they would have had to pay, mine would probably charge me half that which shouldn't be the case.  I can also get hold of mine 24/7 which is a must as you never know what's going to go wrong and when.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2007, 01:11:30 AM »
Yes Dawn, sadly some vets dont care, they know one is desperate and they do as they want!!! My vet told me last week even they have connection with two other surgery but still no one wants to be on call on weekends!! SO they only have 24/h emergency monday-thursday  >:(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2007, 01:01:25 AM »
With the vets, it is a good idea to check around for prices etc but more importantly get one you can trust.  I have to say although Sean wasn't on tonight, he has been absolutely fab as always.  I phoned him before I set off to Dawn's to ask his advice and he told me to check Lucas's condition and then to ring him and let him know what I thought.  The first thing he said obviously was a local vet would probably be better as the length of time it was going to take me to get to Manchester and back to the vets was getting on 3 hours.  When I got to Dawn's I rang Sean and we arranged to get him in as an Emergency.  I would be totally lost without my vets especially Sean, he is always there for advice when I need it.  It's a shame other vets don't put the animals first instead of their pockets.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 01:03:25 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

MBll

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2007, 00:51:28 AM »
Sooo sorry about wee lucas  :'(

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2007, 00:50:55 AM »
I am so sorry  :hug:
I'll be thinking of you.

R.I.P Little Lucas.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2007, 00:28:09 AM »
Just got back in now and tonight was one of the worst nights of my life  :'(  :'(  :'(  I felt so bad having to ring Dawn and tell her the news, we were both blubbering wrecks on the phone.  Lucas was purring up until the end bless him.  I should be getting a little more used to this by now but tonight broke my heart, he was such a gorgeous cat, you had to meet him to understand.  I think the hardest bit to deal with at the moment is to find him in the state he was in, then to find the perfect foster mum and dad for him where he was obviously happy and then to have his life cut short  :'(  :'(  :'(

Dawn and Phil, thank you so much for the last couple of months you gave him, I know he loved you both as much as you loved him and without the help he received, he would have been one of the forgotten ones under a hedge somewhere.  Thanks for giving him a chance and some happy memories  :hug:  :hug:

:RIP: Lucas you gorgeous little man, you'll always be remembered, I hope you get lots of new friends on the bridge, xxxxxxxxxxx

ccmacey

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2007, 00:12:23 AM »
So sorry Dawn and DD

RIP Lucas, at least you knew love in the end. x  :hug:

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 00:05:31 AM »
So, so, so sorry Dawn - big hugs  :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007, 00:04:44 AM »
Oh Dawn, your OH and last but not least DD how devastating for you all.....please find peace in the knowledge that Lucas was loved and well cared for  :grouphug:

He could'nt have had a better forever home  :Luv2:

RIP Sweet Lucas....our bridge babes will take care of you now  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 23:54:32 PM »
Oh my God I'm so sorry Dawn  :hug:  You must be devastated, poor little Lucas  :(  He'll be safe and sound at the Bridge by now  :hug:

I know it won't help how you're feeling right now but remember that without you and DD Lucas would have been cold, fightened and alone for his last few months on this earth.  At least he knew love and kindness right up until the very end.

RIP Lucas xx

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 23:53:13 PM »
I am so sorry. :'(

RIP little Lucas.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 23:49:26 PM »
OH no .

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 23:48:21 PM »
Im so so sorry for the loss of your beatiful baby :( :( :( :(

Play hard at the bridge little precious one until one day Miowmy comes to find you

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to you

RIP little one

xxxxxxxxx

Offline CallieSkye

• Adult Cat
Re: A reminder to always have provisions for Emergency vet care/Lucas is ill
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 23:46:49 PM »
Oh my gosh...  **HUGS** I will pray for you as I'm sure you can use all the love and support you can get at a time like this.     :(    I am so sorry.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 23:47:16 PM by CallieSkye »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: A reminder to always have provisions for Emergency vet care/Lucas is ill
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 23:45:47 PM »
Oh my goodness what a terrible shock, I am so sorry. Are you OK?

RIP Lucas.

Link to CatChat