Author Topic: RIP Lucas - too beautiful for this world  (Read 9802 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: RIP Lucas - too beautiful for this world
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2007, 09:48:25 AM »
The mousemat is lovely, such a lovely sentiment  ;D  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2007, 09:01:29 AM »

I'm really pleased you liked it, wasn't sure how I was going to nab the pics off you though   ;) 

Well I fell for what you said hook line and sinker anyway  :evillaugh: I didn't even think about it when you wanted the pics of Lucas :Luv2: I have brought the mat into work today and will put in with my work pc  ;D

I must admit i feel a bit sad this morning that our room is empty again, I know that is silly as the "meeses" have gone to a fab home - and I am sure there are plenty more needy kitties for when we get back  :wow: carpet definitely needs a clean though. Phil said last night, if we get another runny bum we are getting lino for the floor of Lucas' room  :rofl:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2007, 04:45:55 AM »
Secondly - I don't know if anyone else knew (apart from Tan) but Dawn had me a lovely Purrs mousemat made with lots of pictures of Lucas on  :Luv: I am going to take it into work so he can brighten up my desk  :) Still missing him loads, having a little sniffle again now  :'( I was really touched that Dawn had the mat made for me - I think thats another good thing our Lucas has done though as I feel I have a new good friend in DD  :hug:

I'm really pleased you liked it, wasn't sure how I was going to nab the pics off you though   ;)  I just thought it would be nice for you to have a little something to remind you of him although I knew there was no way on this earth you'd forget him  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  It was also a little thank you for giving him a wonderful couple of months and making him feel loved, I'll always be grateful to you and Phil for what you did for him  :hug: I was telling Jackie and John about when he came out of his carrier, I ended up shedding a few tears.......it's still hard to talk about him but at least he's at peace and not suffering anymore,  xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here's a pic of the mousemat, I'm sure Dawn won't mind me posting a pic of it  :)  Tan you did a fantastic job thank you  :hug:  :hug:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 04:48:23 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2007, 22:08:18 PM »
Best to ask Tan,  Desley  ;D

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2007, 22:07:11 PM »
Des, the mat is from the Purrs shop   :hug: I just have five different pictures on my one - I think its a "Tan special"  :evillaugh:

Thought some of you might have seen it  :shy: I should also say that I got a lovely card from Ems too with a cat on the front which brought another tear to my eye but also made me think how lovely and thoughtful purrs people are  :hug: :hug:

I have no doubt that Dawn will fill Lucas' room again when we are back from our hols  ;D
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2007, 22:07:04 PM »
Ah right!! Is there a limit to how many pics? I have 8 bridge babes.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2007, 22:04:32 PM »
Des we sell em in the shop , so just send a piccy to Tan with order and cats!  you have one  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2007, 22:02:01 PM »
It is strange when you have an empty cat room, but you can smile that they are on their way to a good new home, and wait for the next needy one, as sadly there are always more needy ones, and us letting cats go means we can help more. The mousemat sounds lovely, i might have to ask Dawn how she did it and have one done of my bridge babes.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2007, 21:59:51 PM »
Ummmmmmmm yes I knew and I thought it was a wonderful thought  :hug: :hug:

I am sure that your room will be filled by Dawn again soon  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2007, 21:57:58 PM »
Glad you like the mousemat Dawn, I did have a sneak preview.   :Luv:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2007, 21:56:13 PM »
Yes I think its just the difference between people who love cats and people who like them but don't really love them like we do.

I just wanted to post about two things and wasn't sure a whole new thread was the right way to go:

Erick and Fiz have gone to their new home tonight. Dawn is a saint and is on her way on the 3hr journey now. I was supposed to go with her but when I realised it ws 3hrs each way I thought I had better not as I struggle getting up for work as it is! So Fiz and Erick are going to a fab new home - its strange to have an empty spare room again but I was glad that it is something to be happy for this time so I didn't get upset when they left like I thought I might. I know Jackie and John are going to spoil them rotten  :Luv2:

Secondly - I don't know if anyone else knew (apart from Tan) but Dawn had me a lovely Purrs mousemat made with lots of pictures of Lucas on  :Luv: I am going to take it into work so he can brighten up my desk  :) Still missing him loads, having a little sniffle again now  :'( I was really touched that Dawn had the mat made for me - I think thats another good thing our Lucas has done though as I feel I have a new good friend in DD  :hug:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 21:58:25 PM by Cheesecat (Dawn) »

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2007, 14:28:47 PM »
I agree.  People like that aren't worth wasting your breath for.  Even though my mum does like animals, she's a bit like that sometimes with my 2.  She just sees the down side (vets bills, difficulty going away etc) and after Magpie died she was "oh, I wouldn't get another one".  Obviously I ignored her advice!

Just keep doing what you're doing, Dawn.  You're making a difference and I'm sure Erick and Fizz (and Lucas) are appreciative  ;D

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2007, 14:26:46 PM »
I think you guys are doing great, the 'meses were in need of lots of love and care, and you guys were right there for them.

I am sure that the possible upset is far outweighed by the feeling you must get for helping these babes in need......... and even though you're obvioulsy very upset about what happened to Lucus, I'm sure that knowing what you did for him must go some way to making it all seem a little less painful.

Good on you  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2007, 13:18:27 PM »
Just ignore people like that, it's only the non-animal people that make comments like that whilst the rest of us think you are doing a wonderful thing opening your heart again so soon to help more cats in need  :hug:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 13:19:12 PM by Team Svartalfheims »
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2007, 13:06:19 PM »
 :hug:

My mum said to me on the phone after Lucas passed away "oh, you wont have any more now though will you? Too much upset" and i said of course I will!  :-: Phils mum and dad said that maybe we should wait until after Christmas for another - but I don't really see why as we are at our house for Christmas day anyway (yes we will be out visiting but not for days on end)

I purrrrsonally just wanted to get stuck back in, whether people think I am  :stupid: or not   :rofl:

Lesley, I think you are definitely right - and Desley too  :hug:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2007, 12:54:17 PM »
My mum and Dad say that I am mad everytime I take a new cat in, as you can imagine they don't come round our house that often.  But they are not really animl people and are quite selfish in their old age, so I do just ignore them.  OH says what we do with our lives is nothing to do with them anymore and to just take no notice of them, but it can be really annoying, and upsetting.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2007, 12:44:56 PM »
There are so many people, unfortunately, in this society you just have to ignore and pretend they don't exist around you, otherwise you would burst in black rage. >:(
You just have to put it in perspective, they are just not worth your time, instead of brooding over their senseless comment, just give an extra cuddle and tlc to your lovely Fiz and Erick!! :Luv: ;)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2007, 08:09:09 AM »
People who aren't truly cat people do make commetns like that, I have lost count of the number of people who have tried to convince me not to take in oldies, or even another foster cat, they are the ones missing out, not us.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2007, 14:55:30 PM »
Dawn, if anyone puts you down, just think of Lucas's face that first day when he came out of his carrier  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  That should tell you it is all worth it, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  :hug:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2007, 14:45:13 PM »
I must admit it did hurt a bit, I don't think I am asking to be hurt/upset just because I am choosing to try and help out some needy cats. I said that if I didn't take them they were being threatened with PTS and the person in question said "well someone else would have taken them" I said what if they didn't and they told me I didn't need to have taken them in :Crazy:

I think some people don't understand what its like to love cats - or any other animals for that matter.

Fizzy and Erick say their thankyous in purrs (and poos at the moment  :evillaugh: )

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2007, 14:08:00 PM »
Dawn, don't listen to them  :hug:  I for one think you and Phil are a fab foster mummy and daddy and I know Lucas thought it was xmas everyday when he parked his paws under your table, and I'm sure Fiz and Erick feel the same  :hug:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2007, 13:13:28 PM »
Your not a glutten for punishment Dawn,your opening your heart and giving another needy cat a home and the love you gave Lucas.  Please don't let these people make you think twice :hug:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2007, 12:34:46 PM »
Thanks Lisa  :hug:

I was told yesterday that I am a "glutton for punishment" if I keep on fostering after Lucas  :tired: which is disheartening but obviously I am not going to listen.

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2007, 12:23:34 PM »
I am so shocked to read this..I thought it would be something minor .. I am so sorry for your loss honey - I cant imagine how you are feeling

Lots of love & big hugs x x x x

RIP Lucas..  :RIP:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2007, 22:13:07 PM »
Phil, I hope you and Dawn are feeling a little better about things now, Lucas will be so proud of both of you  :Luv2:   :hug: He touched so many hearts and I for one will never forget "the look" that he gave you, that always makes me smile.  I'm pleased that you've decided to open your heart to Fizz and Erick, they need you as much as Lucas did and I know you'll work wonders with them, xxxxxx  :hug:

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 22:13:58 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline CheeseGertiDocs Dad

• Adult Cat
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2007, 20:13:00 PM »
Heylo everyone,

Thank you so much to everyone for their kind words,i dont think me and dawn could be getting through this without you all!  :shy:

We've always felt so welcomed by this warm welcoming likeminded group of cat lovers and the passing of our boy lucas is no exception,again thank you so much for all the love and support!

We certainly wont forget our gorgeous FIV+ boy and from all your wonderful words i can see he will be remembered forever,its important to us that we gave him the love,attention and comfort that he was so unfortunately missing.

Diddy Dawn told us some amazing news that lucas' son who is practically identical to his father is to be named Lucas  :) im so glad is name aswell as his story will live on.

We both have a lucas shaped paw print on our hearts and a lucas purrs inside.

Sleep tight my lucas,its your time to rest

xXxxxxXxxxxx

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2007, 16:50:39 PM »
Oh Dawn. Only just read the news. I'm so sorry to hear about Lucas. I expect he's happily playing at the Bridge. Thinking about you   :hug:

:RIP: Lucas xxx
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2007, 19:49:16 PM »
I am so very sorry to read this, my heart goes out to all of you who were instrumental in making Lucas' last few months the best he may ever have known.  Although i never had the good fortune to meet him, he really touched my heart as he did many others.
I am gutted for your loss, I trully am.
R.I.P. Sweet faced Lucas xxx

Offline Cathy Biscuits mom

• Adult Cat
  • Biscuit
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2007, 22:03:01 PM »
Just caught up with this thread, sorry to hear the sad news about Lucas. RIP little man  :hug:

Offline sylsuki

• Adult Cat
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2007, 21:51:01 PM »
So Sorry to Hear this sad news.

Rest in Peace Lucas and Play hard on the Bridge, let you Mummy and Daddy know you've arrived safely.

You touched the hearts of all on here and those lucky enough to have met you.

Loving thoughts are sent to speed you on your way to the Bridge.

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2007, 21:05:15 PM »
So sorry Dawn & DD, I know how much he meant to you xxxx 

Rest in Peace sweet boy x

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2007, 20:03:54 PM »
So sorry  :hug:

Offline bren

• Adult Cat
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2007, 19:51:39 PM »
So sorry RIP llittle one, xxx

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2007, 18:36:45 PM »
RIP little one :(
Love me,love my animals.

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2007, 15:32:30 PM »
Oh, Dawn, DD & Phil - I'm so sorry. :'(  :hug: :hug: :hug: But the other peeps are right - he was loved and cared for right up to the end, and got to have a good and loving home, which without all of you he would never have had. In the end you all did what was best for him, and ensured he didn't suffer. I know it doesn't make it any easier - there are always those special furries that truly are one in a million, and it's so heartbreaking when we have to bid them goodbye, especially after such a short time. He's left a little pawprint on the heart of so many people. :care:
 :RIP: Lucas, little furry angel - you were too good for this bad old world. Play hard at the bridge little one, your human friends will miss you.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2007, 12:53:41 PM »
So sorry Dawn, Dawn & Phil. My power was off all morning so just catching up.

Poor Lucas - but as others have already said, his last months were full of love, warmth and food. The alternative would have been horrible. So sorry  :hug:

You all gave him the best you could  :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2007, 12:51:53 PM »
oh i'm so shocked and sorry to be reading this.....

sleep sweet darling lucas, you were much loved  :Luv:

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2007, 12:44:50 PM »
I just realised what happened on Gill's thread on another section, and I can't get over the shock and I am in tears. :'(  Lucas has touched my heart like very few other cat, or anyone can simply over the net, and I loved him and always wished him the best.
But I am glad he had finally found Dawn and Phil, so at least he could enjoy all the love and warmth and care that he so deserved all his life. 
I see so many share my sentiment about this sweet angel.  So take comfort Dawn, Lucas is loved so much by so many, and will be remembered always... and be proud of yourself for being the best mummy this darling fella could ever have to enrich his life.
Lucas, and you left such a beautiful paw print in our hearts.  Play hearty over the bridge darling.  Send a rainbow to your loving, grieving meowmy to let her know you are safe!!  :hug:

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2007, 12:42:03 PM »
Dawn - I'm so sorry :( It must have been his time ... thankfully his last days this side of the bridge were happy ones thanks to you :)

Play hard little one, til your meowmy comes for you.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2007, 12:13:22 PM »
I have been looking for a rainbow today - I whispered to his picture this morning that I want a rainbow to know he got to the bridge okay. I also said I miss him and that I am sorry, and that I love him so much.

I've only just seen this thread, I've been so caught up in whats been happening to Gwyn, I'm so sorry Dawn and DD. Dawn, don't forget, the rainbow may come in an unexpected form - remember my Suzie's 'rainbow in a bubble'  (pretty rainbow colours in a bubble of washing liquid that floated up before my eyes!) - and it may not even be a rainbow, my Elsa had her beautiful red sunset sky - but whatever it is, you will definitely know its from Lucas.

Link to CatChat