Author Topic: I got two more cats yesterday !!!  (Read 1544 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: I got two more cats yesterday !!!
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 23:40:37 PM »
Great idea for your mum, Leigh.  She might have BBC2 on her lap while watching the DVD now  :Luv2:
When Smudge went missing I had my massive panda in the space Smudge used to sleep and stroking it was just like stroking Smudgie.  It's still there as Bonnie doesn't like that part of the bed.

All this talk of cakes .......  I've had 5 hours at my friend's tonight as it was his birthday and we've had far too much to eat and I'm also going to a chinese restaurant with him and his partner one night this week too.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 19:46:55 PM »
Hi Licia,

A very Happy belated Birthday to Oliver, great cake you did there, my friend spioils me with C H O C O L A T E cakes and the whickas crunch lid made a very good mould.

Freddie's settling in really well, he's very easy to look after and mum's Frankie (BBC2) seemed very happy on her bed :)

Althought Freddie is great he's not joined the other boys for a group sleep in :) , pic taken earlier this evening.

Cheers

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 15:58:58 PM »
That's a lovely gift Leigh, you are not only a splendid slave to your puddies but such a loving caring son as well.  Your mum definitely brought you up right!!  :)  Freddie is lovely and so cuddly, though I am not sure how long he remains a black panther if Alfie decides to be very friendly to him...  It also reminds me of my childhood, my mother forbid me to have any pets, so I contented myself by being surrounded by all sorts of plush animals... they can definetely give you a lot of comfort when the real thing is out of reach.

I love the cake too what a great idea for utilizing the Whiskas temptation top!!  Wish I had known someone like your friend, it was my cat's birthday 2 days ago and this was all I could manage... :-[

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 11:37:34 AM »
Ahhh Leigh what a lovely gift for your Mum ... very thoughtful and I'm sure she will love cuddling her new "Kitty".

Love the cat cake .... looks good and I'm sure it will taste as good as it looks.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 11:35:12 AM »
Well shucks! Am I the only one who thought it was real?  :shy: :evillaugh:

The cake is lovely, I bet your mum is over the moon!  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 09:48:20 AM »
Hi Lucy,

Well of course there is a serious side to things as she sadly can't keep a real cat at the home as she's bed bound and couldn't feed it, look after it etc. and the home doesn't have animals but she can close her eyes and stroke it and imagine that it's her Suzie as it is lovely and soft and that's "priceless" as they say.

I also got another nice treat yesterday as my friend and her daughter made me a superb cake, I gave her the plastic top off of a tub of "Whishas Crunch" and she used it as a mould for the cat shaped head and she used it as a dry run as she's making another one for my mum's birthday the week after next. I love the collar, ID disc and claws :)

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 09:50:32 AM by LeighK »

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 08:11:10 AM »
You are such a wind up merchant!  :rofl:

How cute though, and what a great idea for your Mum!

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
I got two more cats yesterday !!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 08:08:20 AM »
Hi folks

Okay okay before you reach for the telephone to dial the nice men in white coats and the National Cats Protection number I ought to explain. My mum in her nursing home has been missing her Suzie for ages and wanted a cat, more about the type of cat in a minute, so I`ve been scouring likely shops (yes I know that there are many needy cats in charities) more about that in a minute too, but they wouldn't have had what I was looking for and, yes, I know they're all so lovable but, trust me all will be revealed. So as I said I'd been hunting for months and yesterday my search came to fruition and I found EXACTLY what I was looking for for her. So here we go, I was out with a friend as I had a day off work and we went into a shop where amongst other such cuddly animals although I must admit that "cuddly" isn't a word that I'd immediately use to describe crocodiles, there he was or rather there they were Frankie (BBC2) and Freddie, I just knew instantly that my long search had come to an end and I'd be leaving the shop with them both, one for mum and one to take home and introduce to my puds. I visited mum in her nursing home to drop off  Frankie 2 and it was love at first sight, she just loved him to bits and he just lay on the bed next to her, motionless, whilst she stroked his back and tickled him under his chin, if he was purring then it was a very soft purr, then home to introduce Freddie to my lot, pictures below.

BBC1 (Big Black Cat) Frankie meeting BBC2

Alfie on the bed with Freddie

and lastly Freddie settling down on the sofa after a nice bowl of Felix

Oh,how silly of me, I almost forgot to explain that they're both life-sized black panther cub soft toys  ;D you didn't think that they were real did you?  ;D I haven't totally taken leave of my senses  ;D and besides they were for the World Wildlife Fund so my money did get spent for a good cause. BTW they were both a bargain really at half price all the other soft toys and there was a veritable zoo on offer were full price I wonder if people`s dislike of black cats extends to soft toys?, bizare. I did notice that BBC2 and Freddie both came with washing instruction labels attached to ther posteriors, strange as none of my other puds have these  ;D ;D

Cheers

Leigh Alfie, Frankie, Suzie and Freddie  ;D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 08:12:58 AM by LeighK »

Link to CatChat