Author Topic: A Fantastic announcement!! _ - Cat Chat is Back!!!!!  (Read 8807 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: A Fantastic announcement!! _ - Cat Chat is Back!!!!!
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2007, 22:28:17 PM »
Marm  :bow: it has been a pleasure. what a diff catchat made to my life, it's something i will never forget and will always support.  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: Thanks so much for your lovely post  :Luv: :Luv:

lol Ruth, i thought peeps might think "oo better not meantion it " ;)  No worries hun, CC towers and Purrs have been in contact since last Nov  :evillaugh: ;) I was sworn to secretcy by the Col and you def can't disobey an order now can ya   :rofl:

Right thats it then, i missed out on that wining bid for Pickers whiskers last year , got nipped right at the end by Gill H so better start saving for yours Marm. Hmm £50 i reckon at least  but dont tell Pickers i said dat !!  ;)  :shify:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 22:31:53 PM by Tan »

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2007, 22:14:54 PM »
Gemini, Sweetie the Clan Cats Leader here and as a fellow lady can say your whiskas are worth more than any boys!

So here's to raising loads of money and chatting and helping all the poor cats who aren't as lucky on the slave front!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2007, 22:13:14 PM »
oooooh Gemini Whiskers .... Zephyr has already told me he is going to use his pocket money to bid on them!  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2007, 22:08:03 PM »
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Oh Wow!! Ive seen it being announced a while on their and have kept quiet (did'nt know how to mention it really)  :scared: but now Im soooo pleased knowing that it is a link to us  :wow:

Double the pleasure  ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 22:08:55 PM by Ruth (Bazsmum) »

Offline Gemini

• Adult Cat
    • Cat Chat, the Cat Rescue Resource
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007, 22:07:47 PM »
Hello!
Sorry for the late post - as an 'honorary trustee' I got roped into tonight's committee meeting (well someone had to lick all the cheesy puffs didn't they?)

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here being so fabulous and positive about the return of the CC forum!  And on behalf of everyone at Cat Chat Towers - we'd like to send a very special Thanks to Tan, who has been sooooo helpful and supportive over the months since the old CC forum closed, and we're really looking forward to the two forums helping each other - and helping more cats!
The new CC forum will just be concentrating on the help and advice side, rescue, rehoming, health and stuff, and not the community meeting place - apart form anything else, there's no point in us doing that again, Purrs is doing it better than we ever did!!!  (Congratulations!!!)

Once we get going, we hope that our 'Cat Community' link to Purrs will mean more folks coming here not only to join in the chat, but also to support the Purrs fundraising schemes for rescues - which, may I say, are a fantastic idea - and we at Cat Chat will support and promote them too!

I'd like to put my own personal bet in about the Purrs membership numbers... over 1,000 by Christmas, that's what I reckon, and that should be good for the diary sales and the auctions (oh by the way, can I put some of MY whiskers in this year, I feel sure they'll raise more than Pickford's!!?!?)

Between Purrs and Cat Chat we can change the world - or at least the world of Rescue Cats - and that's got to be good!

Love, Purrs and "Paws-in-Friendship" from Gemini Cat ('Marm' if you like), and her minions
Cat Chat
xxxx

"Her Tabby Gorgeousness"

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007, 22:06:53 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ooo Auction hotting up already  :rofl: Great  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: I loved last year it was so much fun with all the bidding wars  :rofl: and £1600 for Ron was sooooo fantastic in one fundraiser  ;D ;D

Yeap Dave i agree it great to see our CC back and me too i l will support all cat/pet forums. We can spread the word, all of us together and help all we can those babes that are in need :) :)

The knowledge i have got from great forums, Cat chat, Feline Friends, Katnip, Hovel  and Purrs is great and i wouldn't be where i am today without them.  :Luv:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 21:38:16 PM »
Gill I have several obsessions in life - the Clan Cats and doogs, Robin, shoes and Mugs and will be bidding on the mugs again cause I'm obsessed by mugs

I'm sure we can raise loads of dosh and have our own bidding war and I may let you win this year then again we need to raise loads of money for the needy cats so start saving!

I'm now getting all this years expenses paid in November so will have a nice little stash and its tax free to still I am in Dublin through the week so that may give you a head start!!!! :innocent: ;)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 21:25:03 PM »
Mugs and auction.....yes I reckon I know the mugs you talking about and they was great  ;D

Love to have some in the auction again butvthen I guess you will outbid me  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 21:23:41 PM »
We'll have to wait for the dust to settle to see which forum concentrates on what, I'm just happy to see CatChat back, and I'll do my best to support, and post on, all the forums! Meanwhile, let's celebrate!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2007, 21:21:58 PM »
On the plus side 2 shops to spend our money :innocent:

The auction here to also spend money and get all the things we need or not as in some of our mobs case

I want any Mugs in the auction to add to last years - getting that one in early :shify: :innocent:

We will also have a bigger network for fosterer's, advice and above all through the laughter and tears all our stories to help while away the day sorry the day job that lets me do stuff and pays me to!

We will also have a comunity that stretches the full length of the UK that above all in any guise will help those most dear to us the cats who aren't as lucky as our own ones, the fosters that grace our lives and above all the waifs and strays we know we can help keep safe, provide devoted slaves for and help out the ferals, the oldies, the abandoned and the ones that other folks see as life's debris that we know will become in time and with love, a good vets care and fosterer's, rescuers and all have a wonderful life for however long they have with folks that love them if only in some cases for a short time to show them that not all humans like them are not the same

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2007, 21:12:30 PM »
The categories in Purrs are the same as those in Cat Chat Desley , its just we have some extra ones and you never have had to look at them.

I hope so Tannibal  ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2007, 21:09:38 PM »
Have a feeling in me waters ( huge ones cause i need Tena's  at times :rofl:) that both the sites will stay fantastic and help loads of cats, CC by their wonderful rehoming and Purrs by fundraising.  ;D We both have rules in place that no posts are allowed against each other as we want to work together  ;) Isn't there an advert a bit like that  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  :evillaugh: ;)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2007, 21:05:30 PM »
I didn't mean it like that Gill, more that when I have limited time, I dont have time to look at all the 'chat' threads, and CC wont have those anymore
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007, 21:02:28 PM »

on CatChat we will have all our knowledge and wisdom to still help all us folks here and the new friends we will make along the way

/quote]

We will have that on Purrs still too, we are not changing anything we are doing here.

We will still have the recues and the work they do and all our help links and everything we have now.

I am sorry Desley that you dont think we also focus on helping cats  :(

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 20:53:08 PM »
challenge the stuff the universe throws at us

What a brilliant way to say that  :wow:  Can I use it?  ;)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2007, 20:49:50 PM »
I meant that the General chat wont be there, so focusing on helping cats.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 20:47:18 PM »
Its not just for rescues Desley!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 20:42:20 PM »
Wonderful news, I hope it all works out well, and am glad that CC can just be for rescues.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 20:40:27 PM »
Hey Bob please answer my email  :rofl: :rofl:

I hope so too and thats why I put 900 members by next wed  ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 20:40:08 PM »
Password maybe a problem hopefully was smart enough to log in here with same one if not back to the drawing board! ;)

Thanks to all here Tan, Chappie, the cats and the rest we have awonderful place to help, shop and challange the stuff the universe throws at us and on CatChat we will have all our knowledge and wisdom to still help all us folks here and the new friends we will make along the way

So all in all apart from the day job issue we have a wonderful world and not enough hours in the day! :Crazy:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 20:38:18 PM »

I have every hope that the co-ordination with Cat Chat will increase our membership on Purrs and enable us to spread the word wider and raise more funds for needy rescues  ;D

Yes i hope so too hun, the more we can raise the better for the rescues  ;D ;D Sorry going into Bob Geldof mode again  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 20:37:01 PM »
We so want to thank all of you wonderful pepps who have helped make Purrs what it is today . I never expected it to grow as it has done, i am so overwelmed  :Luv:  The bestest ever part is that we have raised thousands for cat rescues  so far only since mid Nov last years and that will still be Purrs main goal, to support needy cats via the wonderful rescues that dedicate every momment of thier lives to the cats.  They are our hero's and the reason Purrs began.  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

I have every hope that the co-ordination with Cat Chat will increase our membership on Purrs and enable us to spread the word wider and raise more funds for needy rescues  ;D

Purr fectly put Christine

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 20:36:19 PM »
I suspect that Purrs will just continue to be Purrs Milly and therefore you wont miss anything  :hug:

I spend so much time on here I think I agree  :rofl: :rofl:

I keep thinking 34 days out of under a year on Purrs, what could I have done with all that time but I wouldnt change it for the world cos had so much fun and shed so many tears  ;D

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 20:32:54 PM »
We so want to thank all of you wonderful pepps who have helped make Purrs what it is today . I never expected it to grow as it has done, i am so overwelmed  :Luv:  The bestest ever part is that we have raised thousands for cat rescues  so far only since mid Nov last years and that will still be Purrs main goal, to support needy cats via the wonderful rescues that dedicate every momment of thier lives to the cats.  They are our hero's and the reason Purrs began.  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 20:32:19 PM »
When CC closed i thought id want to go back but  Purrs got so great thats changed.
Dont think il have the time to read 2 forums  :(

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 20:27:10 PM »
Yeap that's right  ;D I believe under the Catchat trust charity rules the General and Kaths corner section can't be put back so Purrs has become Catchat's Community via a link.  ;D  We wanted to keep Purrs as is so some sections are duplicated but we thought it would help spread the word more by having two sites covering the important stuff. ;D
We are still operating under different site owners, CC towers & Trust for Catchat and Little ole us (Me, Gill & staff ) for Purrs. This is so Purrs can continue to fundraise for UK cat rescues , indpendant and group charities.

I am very excited our Catchat is back, just gotta remember me password  :rofl: :rofl:

We so want to thank all of you wonderful pepps who have helped make Purrs what it is today . I never expected it to grow as it has done, i am so overwelmed  :Luv:  The bestest ever part is that we have raised thousands for cat rescues  so far only since mid Nov last year!  :wow: That will still be Purrs main goal, to support needy cats via the wonderful rescues that dedicate every momment of thier lives to the cats.  They are our hero's and the reason Purrs began.  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 20:30:34 PM by Tan »

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 20:25:14 PM »
That's great news  ;D :cheer:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 20:19:08 PM »
Theres no general cat chatting any mmore and its now called Cat Community and that links to us  ;D

And I think that will boost our membership  :wow:  Do you want to revise your bet on the other thread about 900?  :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 19:59:01 PM »
Theres no general cat chatting any mmore and its now called Cat Community and that links to us  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 19:55:02 PM »
Ahhh is that right Christine, I know the friendship logo will link to us but didnt realize the that.

will go and see if I can see that  ;D

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 19:49:48 PM »
As I understand it, the place which used to be General Cat Chat on Cat Chat is now a link through to Purrs   ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 19:46:53 PM »
Thats great news and now another place to go not sure how I am going to fit my day job in!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 19:45:47 PM »
The page for the forum is exactly as we left it but so I was told no casual chatting will be allowed.

Yes both sites will cover exactly the same subjects but we have all the other stuff too.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 19:40:16 PM »
oooh how exciting ... how will both forums run ... are they both going to be covering the same sort of topics ... how will I have enough time to to be on two forums, go to work and have a life!  :rofl:   .... oh yeah I remember now I don't have a life! ... I should be fine!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 19:24:05 PM »
I think if you were a member before then your older name will still exist but not sure.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 19:21:57 PM »
will we have to register again?
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
A Fantastic announcement!! _ - Cat Chat is Back!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 19:17:49 PM »
Hi all & Catchat Fans  :attention:

We have some absolutely fantastic news  ;D....... Our beloved Catchat forum will be back online from Tomorrow (Friday) 6pm.  :cheer: :yesss: :yayyy:

If you were a member of the old CC forum you’ll know that ‘Purrs’ was started as a "temp" site to host the Christmas Auction for Ron, Lost cats Brighton and a home for us cat addicts while CatChat was away. Purrs has been soooo very successful thanks to all you wonderful members and has raised over £5000 for UK Cat rescues in under a year  :wow: . We wanted to continue Purrs just as it is today along side Catchat and we hope to continue to raise much more for wonderful Cat rescues and help needy cats for years to come. 

Catchat and Purrs will both be working together to help as many needy cats as possible and help and promote each other  :hug: That's why Catchat and Purrs gang have specially designed our new friendship logo shown at the bottom of every Purrs page.  ;) ;D Tomorrow after 6pm you will be able to go direct to Catchat by clicking on the image at the bottom of the Purrs pages  and a link to Purrs will be in a Purrs Cat community section of the Catchat forum.  ;D

We hope the two forums between us can really make a difference to rescued cats , all cats and cat owners.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 19:18:38 PM by Tan »

Link to CatChat