Author Topic: Updated piccies now Leos home !  (Read 7529 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: This time tomorrow !!!
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2007, 15:30:33 PM »
Glad the wait is over....enjoy your new kitty lisa  :Luv: ;)

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2007, 14:56:34 PM »
Glad to hear he's settled in so quickly  :) - he obviously knows which side his bread's buttered on  :innocent:

As for toys...one thing which never fails to provide hours of amusement for them is......drum roll............A CARDBOARD BOX  :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2007, 13:58:23 PM »
nothing like a good sleep to perk you up - you may remember these words at 3 tomorrow morning as your new kitty uses you for football practice :evillaugh:

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2007, 13:41:57 PM »
Well 10 mins after I posted this he was playing ! Now try stopping him ! He has gone for the cheapest toy as well !!  Gonna have some fun now !!!! Thanks  :Luv:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2007, 12:58:28 PM »
the panting is a fear reaction. The sleeping is a good thing as it gives kitty a chance to recover from the stress of the journey. Just leave him/her be until s/he is ready to come to you. Shouldn't take too long  ;D

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2007, 12:53:29 PM »
Hey guys !!

sorry - havent got time to read responses as yet.. I will tonight.. Just to let you all know he had only 2 Meows on the way home.. one thing that did worry me tho was he was panting like a dog.. I figured he was hot so opened the windows more !

At the mo he is asleep in his cat tree bed !!! He doesnt seem that fussed with his toys.. he turned his nose up!!!

Also Breeder said she had dicovered a mole onhis cheek ! it looks just like one of our moles - Funny !

Is that he is sleeping a good sign ?

:Luv: :Luv:

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2007, 23:17:52 PM »
Xanthe was fine on her trip to us - a couple of hours by car / train / tube / bus! She did manage to smear poo all over carrier / herself - meant lots of space on all transport! :rofl: Sadly her first experience in new home was a bath to get it off her - but she rallied well. Enjoy Leo's first day with you!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2007, 23:13:04 PM »
When I brought Mosi home he screamed his head off all the way.  The journey should have taken a little over an hour, but I got stuck in a traffic jam on the motorway and it ended up being about 3 hrs.  Not a pleasant journey!

I remember asking the breeder when I got Mosi whether his mum would miss him and was told that she didn't bother with the kittens much any more (he was 14 weeks when I collected him) and would probably be glad to see the back of them.  The breeder will probably miss the kittens more than their mum!

re the litter - is the breeder using WBCL?  You'd be best using what he's used to to start with - the breeder will probably give you some to take home.  You do need WBCL (or any clumping litter really) to be quite deep.  I don't use WB or chick crumbs (yet!) but I use fine, clumping litter and fill the tray to a depth of 3"- 4"

Bet you're soooo excited!  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2007, 22:46:15 PM »
I bet Mum can't wait to see the back of the kittens, 12 weeks is a LOOOOOONG time  :evillaugh:

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2007, 22:43:45 PM »
Ive got him a few cuddlies too so will add one of them.. Ahh they must miss their mum terribly for a short while, as probably does the mum miss the kittens.

His last litter mate went 2 days ago.. It will make me feel awful taking the last baby from the mother.

Thanks for your help I must go to bed now as this will be my last full nights sleep in a while so I intend to make the most of it !!!

:Luv: :Luv: Leo  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2007, 22:37:46 PM »
Wouldn't worry about not having Feliway, I can't say if it works or not as have used it from day one with the boys so don't know what they'd be like without it - they're bad enough with it so not going to risk not using it!  I'm sure Leo will be just fine with his pink carrier, fleecy blanket sounds good - have you got anything cuddly you could put in for him to snuggle up to?  It'll be the first time for him away from his brothers and sisters so it will be nice for him to cuddle up to a toy or something.  I'd leave the catnip until playtime at home, I read somewhere not all kittens react to catnip until they are 6 months-ish but Lu & Ri got excited by it way before 6 months.

As for him crying on the journey, when the boys went in the car for the first time they were as quiet as mice to begin with...  then the meowling began from Riley with intermittent squeaks from Lukey  :evillaugh:  He got himself so worked up he was sick on Lukey, he then fell asleep for most of the journey and was right as rain when we got home.

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2007, 22:26:02 PM »
Yeah I got the WBCL cheap so I will get through that then I will defo get the chick crumb.

I did read about Feliway Spray ages ago on one of the posts & I forgot to get some  :doh:..is it essential ? Journey is about an hour & half to back from getting him. I have just padded the carrier out with a fleece blanket, put in a few toys for him.. is there anything else he will need. I worry about the tiniest things..

While I was getting carrier ready I looked at it & its bright pink. As this isnt a 'calming' colour is this going to distress him ? ?  I even stuck my head in for a while to see what it was like - if anyone had of seen me im sure they would of  :rofl: :rofl: their knickers off !!!!   :evillaugh:

I was going to put his catnip cushion in but im not sure we want that kind of mood.. we want relaxed on the way home dont we ? Ive got a feeling he will cry all the way home  :-:

:thanks: hon
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 22:39:10 PM by lisa77 »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2007, 22:11:06 PM »
It works the same way as Chick Crumbs (you know you want to try them really!) so it needs to be as deep as possible.  I don't use liners, the chick crumbs are deep so the wee never touches the bottom.  I clean the tray with antibacterial Fairy as I don't like the idea of harsh chemicals anywhere near anything the boys will be touching.

Am excited for you, it's bringing it all back!  Have you got Feliway spray for his carrier?

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2007, 21:53:46 PM »
Im just getting everything prepared as we gotta leave early in morn..

Using Worlds Best Litter & I didnt realise how fine it was ? How deep should it be ? Does everyone use Liners too as I didnt get any of those.. surley if the tray is kept spotlessly clean I shouldnt need them ?

Listen to me im panicing now !! Anxious as I want everything ready for Him & Excited (SO VERY EXCITED) all at the same time !!!!   

This kitten means so much to me, he really does & I havent got him here yet! 

He will fill the gap & make my little flat home (Once neighbours from Hell go)..  He will hopefully be my best little buddy for many years  :Luv:

:ahh:

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2007, 21:14:05 PM »
How lovely - post loads of pics!

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2007, 19:19:56 PM »
What an exiting time it is for you.  I remember when we were going to get our puppy chow earlier this year,I couldn't sleep the night before because I was so exited,dunno why though because he's a blooming nuiciance at the mo :tired: :evillaugh:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 19:13:46 PM »
Sooooooooooo exiting exciting we want pics now  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Buddy & Daisy
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 18:33:16 PM »
Oh Lisa, bet you can't wait, i can't wait to see pics!!!!!!!!  :Luv:
Always in my heart RIP Jet, Cleo, Poppy, Oscar & Sydney x

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 16:54:20 PM »
This is making me want another cat! That can’t be good ;)

Can’t wait to hear all about him and take lots of pictures for us to enjoy!

Offline pinky

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 16:41:15 PM »
Can't wait to see all the photo's of him settling into his new home and hear about how he's getting on ;D

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 15:50:47 PM »
you must be so excited. I got Heidi and Huxley 2 weeks ago on Wednesday past and I know how excited I was ;D Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about him.

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 15:38:56 PM »
Thanks ladies.. I cant wait to tell you all about the little bundle of fluff !  :Luv:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 15:26:02 PM »
aah  have fund Lisa, Tilly is the only one I've had since kitten hood and she screamed all the way home!  Hopefully your Leo will be a good boy and go to sleep.  Also she didn't use the litter tray for 24 hours and I was scared there was something wrong with her but apparently they do that sometimes when they move - good luck, can't wait to hear all about him

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 15:21:09 PM »
 :cheer: :cheer: :yesss:

Don't know how you're going to get through the next 24 hours!

I must admit that when the time actually came, my excitement with getting Mosi was tinged with nervousness about how Jaffa would react.

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 14:59:35 PM »
Of course I will (try & stop me !!!) Im so over the moon & I havent even got him yet  :Luv: :Luv:

He will be a fantastic baby sub !  :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 14:55:25 PM »
How exciting  :wow:  I was exactly the same the night two weeks before I picked the boys up  :Luv:  Lottie's right, we're gonna need lots of pics as soon as he's settled in  :Luv:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 14:30:53 PM »
There is no way in the world I am sleeping tonight.. prob get all his toys out again.. & stare at them.. check everythings ready !!! How sad !

That's not sad it's just being prepared!  :evillaugh:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 14:30:17 PM »
There is no way in the world I am sleeping tonight.. prob get all his toys out again.. & stare at them.. check everythings ready !!! How sad !

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 14:24:07 PM »
 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I'm so excited for you  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I bet you can hardly wait!!!!

We're all  :wow: and he'll be all  8)  

;)

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 14:23:19 PM »
Now remember as soon as he has settled in we need hundreds of photos of him so we can drool over him!  ;D ;D

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 14:21:48 PM »
 :yesss: :Flowers:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 14:18:32 PM »
Supposed to say I will have Leo !!!

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 14:17:05 PM »
Awww you must be so excited!  ;D ;D

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
Updated piccies now Leos home !
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 14:16:01 PM »

As you can see he loves his cabin in his cat tree.. he was actually asleep here.. they do sleep in the funniest of positions !

All round perfect kitty..  :Luv: :Luv: (Im going to hate going back to work Friday!)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 12:50:11 PM by lisa77 »

Link to CatChat