Author Topic: Please give some come home vibes for my Sasa,,,,,,,,she is in and eating  (Read 9578 times)

Offline Peggy C

• Distinguished Cat
  • Oscar
  • Slave to: Oscar
Re: Please give some come home vibes for my Sasa,,,,,,,,she is in and eating
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2011, 19:50:31 PM »
The vet gave me zuylkine for Marmalade as he was so streesed and his bloodpressure was high  He had blood press pills as - those you have to break into 8 pieces  When poor Marmalade died aged about 20 I gave all his medication back to the vet but she said to keep the zylkine as it wasn't a drug and I might need it for my new cat.  However Oscar is so laid back  he doesn't need it.
Thankfully his abcess is improving
Attached picture of Marmalde when younger
Peggy and happy Oscar

RIP Marmalde

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2011, 17:14:37 PM »
Thanks and will try and find the older thread  :hug:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Please give some come home vibes for my Sasa,,,,,,,,she is in and eating
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2011, 17:12:10 PM »
Excuse poor grammar and spelling am on my phone!!!

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
Please give some come home vibes for my Sasa,,,,,,,,she is in and eating
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2011, 17:09:42 PM »
It was back in 2008 and when Jess was hideously stressed and had a blocked bladder and then reblocked. Our vet asked us to trial this and we agreed it worked very well for us.i also talked it though with our vet director at work and as a result we have used it too. And Jess was a case study where his case was given out to vet students and practices.

I can't remember the whole ins and outs but I posted about it all on here. All happened in March/April 2008.

I certainly would never use it if it drugged Jess in anyway and it doesn't it's just sprinkles on his food once a day with cystease. In fact Incan hand feed them to Milo they are so palatable.

We have discussed taking Jess of it but there seems no point it's not harming him.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2011, 16:34:27 PM »
Clinical trials? That sounds very interesting and would love to know more about this as I have not been able to find anything online escept from the makes of zyklene

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 16:27:48 PM »
I'm a zylkene convert as you know Jess did clinical trials with it back in 2008 and we still use it for him now. His a different cat, in that his calm and chilled out but by no means horizontal.

We give it to Milo when we go away and when we know there maybe a stressful situation (visitors, fireworks etc)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2011, 08:58:18 AM »
Brilliant news. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2011, 23:37:18 PM »
Thanks JS and she has been in quite a long time now and has done loafds of grooming and she is looking much better  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2011, 23:27:51 PM »
She was in earlier? That's great - long may it continue. :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2011, 21:17:18 PM »
I think its becoming a habit and think she is still catching up on sleep........the next thing is for her to stay in during the day and evening too and she was in earlier last night  ;D

Its bloomin cold in here brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2011, 10:21:17 AM »
I love this quote: "I love cats because I love my home and after a while they become its visible soul." ;) Says it all really....

Glad Sasa stayed in, hope she keeps improving.                                         

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2011, 22:26:57 PM »
Sorry for your losses Peggy and so glad you found Oscar and Purrs - so glad you're enjoying the Auction.

My mum is 82 in January and if she didn't have Alzheimer's and osteo porosis all over her body she would have a cat or a small dog.  However her next door neighbour has a dog and their gardens connect so Paddy has 2 gardens and 2 mums cos he's always in my mum's bumgalow as soon as she opens the door.

I think Sasa is just gonna confuse you for the rest of her life Gill  :rofl:  ;) :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2011, 21:35:38 PM »
I was 51 in October Peggy.  Unfortunately most people already know so pointless trying to keep it a secret.  ;)

I do despair that some people think they may have reached an age when they shouldn't take on the responsibility of another animal.  There are so many animals in rescue needing care and so many people wanting to care for animals in need.  Sharing your life with an animal is so obviously the way it was meant to be.  Naturally it helps to have plans in place in case of illness but that applies at any age.  Edited to add that I have just seen Oscar is registered with Cinnamon Trust  :) 

Delighted you took Oscar on Peggy and very much hope you are both rubbing along nicely despite his mucky paws :cat rub: :cat rub: :cat rub:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 21:42:21 PM by Rosella moggy »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2011, 21:29:39 PM »
A wonderful age..........shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............and Oscar is lovely and its so true what they say, that a cat makes it a home  ;D ;D

Offline Peggy C

• Distinguished Cat
  • Oscar
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2011, 21:24:12 PM »
Thank you Gill   I was 80 this year (please keep that a secret!) so there have been many cats down the years all loved and all special   They bring heartbreak at the end but so much joy and love and happiness as all cat lovers know Many friends said that after Marmalade there shouldn't be another.  But I looked at the Rescue website and there was Oscar.  The next day he arrived and the house was a home again. And the rescue had room for another needy soul
Peggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2011, 21:02:51 PM »
Sasa stayed in last night and until about 1530 this afternoon so hoping she may want to come back tonight.  ;D

Zyklene doesnt work on all cats and it can take a couple of weeks to work.

I feel safer going with vet advice but am not using it on Sasa, and of course its everyones own choice.

I am sorry for your losses Peggy  :hug: :hug:

Offline Peggy C

• Distinguished Cat
  • Oscar
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2011, 20:56:02 PM »
Thank you for your advice.   It is good to be able to discuss things and I am so glad that I found this site.   As I said I have a great vet but another opiniion   helps.  I understood that Zylkine isn't a drug which is why I gave it to Marmalade  He was very old but he came from a rescue in his middle years  and was with me for 10 years  He sadly died in March a year after his friend Monty  Now there is Oscar adopted from the same rescue
I am enjoying the auction too

RIP Monty and Marmalade and all my lovely cats down the years

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 20:42:14 PM »
Re: The zylkene debate....I'm not bringing this up to cause trouble, honestly. I'm bringing it up because I was reluctant to try it too because I thought it was actually "drugging up" a cat to calm them down. It is in fact a dried milk based product....I'm considering purchasing some on my next pay day as Sage is still very highly strung. If it was chemical based, I highly doubt I'd try it. Just wanted to say that for anyone else wondering about the product and feeling guilty for considering "doping up" their cat; which is how I was feeling!

Hope Sasa is doing OK today, Gill. :hug:

Offline Peggy C

• Distinguished Cat
  • Oscar
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 12:49:50 PM »
I am so glad Sasa is home     My vet recommended Zylkine and my dear old Marmalsde had it for stress which raised his blood pressure  Oscar is so laid back he doesn't need it but please could you tell me why you are not keen on it.  My vet is great but they are not always right and I would really value your opinion
Peggy

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 10:33:11 AM »
I'm delighted Sasa is back and well. From her pics, she looks like a contented lady!
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 23:42:36 PM »
Liz please just stop

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 22:29:06 PM »
 It is great to have views and advice from cat lover's / rescue's experience with cats, it is one of the things that Purrs has a wealth of great knowledge to help with best advice etc  It's up to individual to take note of any views or not.  Please keep this calm Thank you.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 22:27:47 PM »
Gill, We lived in a normal sized house for many years with the Clan cats only now do we live in a large house and that was my OH's choice he pays the bills!!!

You ask for advice and then make a drama out of the crisis that is ongoing, try and resolve the issues by taking advice and acting on it not ignoring it all just because it might work then you would have no drama to post about

I hope Sasa stays in more for her sake with the predicted weather for next week and beyond
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 22:07:36 PM »
The hall barrier is a tempory messure and it will be the door, so will not cost anymore.

You know your own situation and do not seem to understand what I say or you havent read all the posts.

If I choose not to do something that is my right and I dont care how much experience you say you have in your sitution cos most of it does not apply in ordinary size houses.

Your tone is no different to mine and I dont like it either.

Kindly stop having a go and stay off this thread which you keep taking off topic

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 20:54:00 PM »
Gill the barrier was a temporary measure to aid your resident 3 to have access to the house not as a permanant thing which it seems to be and your tone is totally off I have a lot of knowledge and experience with ferals of all ages and types

If you are looking for answers on what to do respect advice rahter than say you don't believe in something you have never tried

At least they stand a chance with a door and would probably have been the best suggestion but you are always saying that everything costs so much

She is back but for how long!!!!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 20:05:34 PM »
Liz if you dont agree with what I am doing then please stay off the threads, the barrier in the hall was your idea in the first place.

One minute you are saying I have been talking about things for 3 months and now you are saying things have happened in a short time...............make your mind up.

You know I do not agree with using Zykline so stop pushing it.

She was in the cage and could get out in both directions and it was for about 10 seconds. I do not have a mansion and an estate and if you think you work hard with your cats you are insulting me if you dont think thats what I have been doing! Its just I dont agree with the way you do things just as much as you dont agree with the way I do things.

I have to, whether you like it or not, to be able to get Misa and Sasa in and out of the back door with Lupin safely inside and it means a permanent cage or extra door that they both have to get used to and if you were uptodate with what I have posted then you would know this and how its now going to be a door because I cant see the 'cage' arrangement working.

Right now there is nothing there, but all the time this takes to work the hall barrier has to stay in place, Lupin comes into the kitchen under supervion only or he will be out the flap. Misa can also come into the rest of the house at times if he likes.

Misa and Sasa have the rooms that they mainly used before Lupin always available to them but choose to not use them.

This thread was about Sasa  not being seen for a few days, lets keep it on topic cos she is back and was eating all along.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 18:00:00 PM »
Gill, Zylkene takes the edge off them it does not make them in to Zombies who stop fearing things that they won't loose they just feel more calm and relaxed but they still have all their faculties about them

If she was caught in the cage then that is the problem it make take months to get her used to it again and she may not want to come in because of the cage her wholw world is upside down she can't get to places because of barriers and stuff that changed in such a short time and she obviously still feels Lupin is a threat even if you think he isn't, she will feel he is the reason for change and I know how much they can blame the human some of ours are still greiving for Diva and make us very aware of it

I love all my cats to and now only have one unhandlable because I have worked hard on introductions and ahve heeded advice and have a happy home in fact only on internal door is shut in my house and that keeps the kids seperate and they do that themselves in the morning apart fro Houston and Miami who are still in training and love chasee in the morning

Gill its not just the flap that is making her like this despite what you tell yourself and as you say she has very little confidence in her home now ask yourself why she has gone from being around most of the time to not wanting to come in except tp bolt food incase she is disturbed

Even my outside ferals don't bolt they pop up in to the rafters when I am putting food out for them and the same with the heatpads may be she needs a heatpad in the shed and some catnip and valarian scattered to make it seem more homely also suggest washing the bed in case someone had been in and sprayed it it won't smell like her if that is the case

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 17:03:32 PM »
Sasa has a place right near the back door that is warm and dry..................the shed and it has a flap which I put in a few months ago so she had some where to go if she wanted to hide. It now also has a kennel off the floor with a lovely vet bed inside which is all dry and snuggley. The flap is pegged open cos she wont go in there unless it is.

She used it for a while but wont anymore.....................why? I dont have a clue.

She doesnt have any excuse for what she is doing except she wants to!

When the weather went cold about a month ago, she stayed inside much more and I was scared to go in kitchen incase she rushed out but found I could walk past her and do things as long as I didnt look at her.

I am not going to do anything to her food that may stop her coming to eat and I dont want her to get so calm it overrides her fear instincts and makes her curious about getting to the front or going in nasty neighbours garden. This could end up with her death and am not willing to risk that. At least this way she is in control of what she does and she is a feral at heart and maybe was a feral all the time not just living with them for years as CP guessed.

I think that the weather has a lot to do with this because its just like October here temperature wise, well maybe a bit cooler especially at night but I am not going to lock in a feral and totally destroy what little confidence she still has in her home.

I saw first hand the panic on Sat when she was caught in the cage by the back door and she left rather than try the open cat flap into the house, which resulted in me not seeing her again till last night, although I think she came back to eat when I was in bed and the house was totally dark.

I havent just been talking about anything over last 3 months as yyou can tell from all my posts, I have been slowly trying to get her used to changed circumstances at the flap but two small mistakes on my part caused us to go backwards.

My mother asked why I was so patient with my cats and the answer is quite simple................I love them.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 16:15:48 PM »
Howabout some Zylkene on her wet food to aid with calming, you need to get this sorted soon as the really bad weather is coming and its  not fair her home isn't her own anymore and if Lupin is chipped to the catflap he can't use it so the barriers should be able to come down

Its just so sad that she is not coming in as much I know my ferals and they don't like being cold and wet in fact they are circling the garage outside waiting for tea and heatpads, at least mine have shelter they will use and stay close to home and I do see the outside ones most nights about midnight when the heatpads and fresh water are put out

All very well saying but it needs doing Gill and yes that may be harsh but you have been talking about it for nearly 3 months and the situation is worsening by reading your posts

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 15:44:48 PM »
Thank you  ;D

I am waiting for her next visit which should be in next couple of hours I think  :shify:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 15:23:25 PM »
Phew, glad she is back, and eating  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 15:07:14 PM »
No Liz thats the one thing I cant do, she will go crazy as is terrified to be locked in, thats why she is doing what she is doing cos she thinks I am trying to catch her.

Vets are out of the question until she settles again.

If I was to lock her in she would hurt herself trying to get out and once she got out she would run away completely, been there, done it!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 11:45:14 AM »
Gill think you need to bite the bullet and keep her in for a couple of days as long as she can hide from everyone she will soon settle and I thought you said she was due to go to the vet soon

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 00:36:24 AM »
It would be so nice if the little S*D would just let you cuddle her and keep her in.  They always want there own chuffing way  :evillaugh: ;) :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 22:24:27 PM »
 :thanks:  and she has been in to eat again  ;D

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
Glad she is back Gill!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Thanks Dawn, I just wish I could stroke her and tell her everything is OK but cant touch her at all, in fact right now cant get within 10 ft of her.........sigh

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Glad she is back

Have you thought about biting the bullet and keeping everyone in for a couple of weeks and remove the barriers, it will be noisy and a tad annoying but it measn that they will all see each other and the barrier can come down and they can all interact

I have done this over the years and once the first week is over the ferals settle in and find places to hide so that they can all get used to each other, you may have to play referee but it will help in the long run, I have integrated over 30 ferals using this technique and the majority are now indoor/outdoor and in everynight

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I'm delighted to hear this Gill, its such a shame she is reacting so badly to all the change, its one of those times you wish they could talk  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
OMG she is in eating  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have just got back from knocking on more doors and she looks like she has been quite wet.............not attempting to go close and scare her.

Thank you for the vibes they worked  ;D ;D ;D ;D

The relief, pure relief.

Link to CatChat