Author Topic: BONNIE'S Had the op and lump is ok AND SO IS SHE  (Read 11206 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: BONNIE'S Had the op and lump is ok AND SO IS SHE
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2011, 00:58:53 AM »
 :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Thanks guys.  I am so relieved.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2011, 19:09:07 PM »
 :good post: :1st place: :cheer: :drink: :attention: :yesss: :happy dance: :happy dance: :happy dance:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2011, 19:03:35 PM »
excellent news!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2011, 18:12:05 PM »
Fantastic news Mary - sooooooooooo pleased for you and Bonnie xxx  ;D
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2011, 00:37:26 AM »
Thanks ever so much everyone  :hug: :hug:

Bonnie's got a smile on her face now I've taken the cat carrier upstairs out of the way  :Luv2:  BUT, she has her annual booster in August  ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2011, 12:06:13 PM »
 :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2011, 11:09:21 AM »
Woo Hoo excelent news.  So pleased Bonnie is fine ... big hugs from me and the furry purries xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2011, 09:36:41 AM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hug: ;D :Luv: XXXX

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2011, 19:39:03 PM »
Wooohooooooo
Im so pleased

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2011, 18:43:15 PM »
great news mary  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2011, 17:38:59 PM »
Just wonderful news, so pleased  ;D ;D

A cream cake for yourself maybe  :innocent:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2011, 17:27:34 PM »
 :wooooo:

Another banana/chicken combo moment if ever there was one!  :wow:

:yayyy: :chicken: :narna dance: :yayyy: :chicken: :narna dance: :yayyy: :chicken: :narna dance:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2011, 17:00:55 PM »
Wonderful news  ;D

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
    • Feral & Stray Foundation
  • Slave to: Nina, Nell, Ned, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Forest, Squirrel, Skunk, Gladys, Oscar, HRH Naughty Knickers & Uncle Albert!!
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2011, 16:57:32 PM »
Excellent news!  :briggin: Now you can relax completely. x
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2011, 16:54:50 PM »
great news, really pleased to read this.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2011, 16:47:33 PM »
 :thanks: :thanks:

Bet you're still spoiling her though!  ;)  :)
[/color]

:innocent:   :innocent:   :rofl:  How did you guess?  Correct of course - I bought her a new toy.

Mary

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2011, 16:37:04 PM »
 ;D

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2011, 16:34:50 PM »
That's fantastic news, what a huge relief for you!

Bet you're still spoiling her though!  ;)  :)
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
BONNIE'S Had the op and lump is ok AND SO IS SHE
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2011, 16:29:28 PM »
 :dance:    :dance:   :dance: 
 :yayyy:   :yayyy:   :yayyy: 
 :narna dance:    :narna dance: :narna dance:   
:chicken:    :chicken:    :chicken: 

:yesss:   :yesss:   :yesss: 

:hear yee:

Bonnie's got the all clear

Thank you all for your support.

Mary and Bonnie xx
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 16:31:02 PM by maryas, Reason: OK NOW »

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
 :hug: :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Thanks everyone  :hug:

Liz, thanks for the info and Eddie's been there10 years or more! I spoke to Kirsty today and she comfirmed the Gel was ok for cats and told me not to worry about Bonnie's swelling.  She goes on holiday tomorrow so I will be seeing Eddie next Monday and hopefully Bonnie's swelling will have gone down.

Must admit the are is more pink this evening that the fierce red that it was but swelling still there.

Mary and Bonnie sending lots of love and thanks to you all. :hug:

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
    • Feral & Stray Foundation
  • Slave to: Nina, Nell, Ned, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Forest, Squirrel, Skunk, Gladys, Oscar, HRH Naughty Knickers & Uncle Albert!!
Hi Mary,
Just caught up with this again... Is the vet a new graduate or inexperienced? When lab results come back, they say specifically what the lump is,  and give every bit of info required, so the vet should not need to check with another vet! If you go a day over on appointment, that is not a problem at all. Make sure you opt for the vet you prefer... I always do! And don't be afraid to ask them to clarify things to you. At the end of the day, they are providing you with a private health service, and you, as a client, are the priority, so ask away and get them to explain things clearly... I know a few vets that like to 'talk technical' and this is often no help to the client!
It sounds entirely like Bonnie's been licking/chewing the lump - this causes swelling and possible infection. I have never known of a lump come back that quickly... most likely tissue swelling due to Bonnie messing with the surgical site. It really is important for cats/dogs not to lick/chew... which causes no end of problems, so I think it is that. Cat's mouths have so much bacteria, it can get infected quickly and swell to form a 'lump' type appearance.
If you have an appointment with the bloke vet... change it to the lady you like. Don't hesitate, honestly. Bonnie is the priority, and you are also being her owner. From what you've said so far, I just think the male vet doesn't seem that experienced...
Liz xxx

Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Gill - Kirsty doesn't work Mondays and Eddie keeps saying to go back in a week and that falls on Monday. 

Tell him you're busy on the Monday and can you make it Tuesday instead  ;)  Then try to see the vet you're more comfortable with.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
It could just be scar tissue from removing the lump anthing which has had some trauma can become inflamed and feel lumpy underneath.  Hopefully it will just settle down eventually  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Thanks ever so much for that Carol.  Can't open the link from here so I'll key in my ysername etc. on Catchat tomorrow and have a read of it as my eyes are aching ay the mo and I need to sleep.

Really appreciated.

Knew I could reply on my Purrs familt  :hug: :thanks:

Mary

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
The manufacturers  have probably never goner to the trouble (and expense) of getting it licensed for use in cats but it is widely used. 
I know I used it many years ago when Korky had an allergy and if this link works you will see that somebody on CatChat had your concerns.
http://www.catchat.org/discus/messages/18/367869.html?1295363164

I agree with the others - check what the results of the biopsy on the lump were because you are probably worrying unnecessarily.  :hug:

I'm sure it is just a matter of naughty Bonnie interfering with her stitches and all will be fine now they are out.  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
This is really weirdd - I've found it on the internet and looked at 2 that are titled FOR CATS and in the text it says dog all the time.

http://www.petdrugs.com/cats/product/Fuciderm+Gel/1113/

I'll phone in the morning.

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
A day over a week wouldnt have mattered Mary, I would go to the vet you are most happy with.

Just done a quick search and cant see that gel being used on a cat...........I wouldnt use it, speak to your normal vet tomorrow and ask about the tumour too, probably benign, ask if it will regrow.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Gill - Kirsty doesn't work Mondays and Eddie keeps saying to go back in a week and that falls on Monday.  She had the op on a Monday cos that was the day there was a time spare.

The lump was ok - he said it was a tuma of some kind - my fault for not listening I was just so pleased it was ok. Then he went on about her wound and everything was just going in one ear and out the other.

If it gets wworse I will be there like a shot.

In fact if no one can answer this question for me I'm gonna phone him tomorrow: I've just read through the leaflet and all the way through it says your dog, no mention of cat.  The gel is called Fuciderm Gel

Mary

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
 :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
You need to get right back to the vet and ask them about the lump that was removed and what it was. Otherwise you will keep on worrying, probably about nothing and you have paid for this service.

Keep an eye on Bonniies scar and just go straight back if its not healing.........why cant you see your normal vet?

I am sure Bonnie will be fine  :hug: :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
It's just with him saying he was "worried" that got to me Dawn.  Bonnie's seen Eddie a few times but he's more professional and think I've only seen him smile twice. Kirsty who Bonnie sees most of the time is more friendly and such a lively jokey person and she would tell me straight but say I had nothing to worry about and joke about.

I'm trying my best to be positive and I assume even if the lump does come back there will be nothing wrong with it like the one that was removed - never thought to ask him that!!  :doh:

It doesn't really help that I've never been through anything like this befre with not having ill cats - that's why it'e great hearing from you wonderful lot.  :thanks: :hug:

Mary

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
she has probably just been pulling - I remember my vet when amber bit her tongue going on about tumours and god knows what, I said that she had bitten it but she wanted to do biopys and stuff, anyway she agreed to give me a week to see if it healed or grew - it healed and she was fine - I'm sure it will be the same for bonnie - tell her she'll have a lampshade if she's not good

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Still not 100% happy.

Bonnie saw the vet, Eddie today and he took her stiches out but the wound is very red and inflamed.  He said he was worried it might be the lump growing back again. 

But he is hoping it's just inflamed from her licking it and biting at the stitches and hopefully now the stitches are out szhe won't be touching it.  He has given me some gel to put on the wound twice a day and go back next Monday.  I am really starting to ate Mondays.

One good thing is that she's not ill with it and still playing and eating her Dreamies.  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary and Bonnie

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: I'm scared - BONNIE'S HAVING AN OP ON MONDAY
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2011, 10:23:44 AM »
great news Mary hun

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2011, 09:37:33 AM »
That sounds like good  news  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2011, 19:45:29 PM »
I am sure the news will be kust the same on Monday  :hug: :hug:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2011, 18:38:09 PM »
Great news, hopefully the news will also be good on Monday and you can breathe a huge sigh of relief!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: I'm scared - Bonnie's had an op and waiting for results of lump.
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2011, 18:35:43 PM »
Got a call today to say Bonnie's results are back and everything looks ok but will double check with the vet and he will let me know on Monday when I take her for her stiches out.

So although it's not 100% clear just yet I think it's going in the right direction.

Mary
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 18:37:13 PM by maryas »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2011, 19:57:59 PM »
Susanne and Clare - you both know Bonnie and I so well and you definately know that Bonnie, Naughty and Dreamies will NEVER be in the same sentence in this house. 

;D

Link to CatChat