Author Topic: Halloween Kitten - Ruby has given birth  (Read 11589 times)

Offline beckamsimmons

• Adult Cat
  • looking for my sweet kitten Thimble always
  • Slave to: Bubble and Squeak
Re: Halloween Kitten - Ruby has given birth
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 00:04:37 AM »
awwww I'd forgotten how teeny tiny and vulnerable little kittens are. so cute.

I'm staying clear of the apparent controversy as it's not my place as a newbie.

Glad to hear it's all going well. They are all gorgeous cats.

B :Luv2:
xx
Please help me find my best friend Thimble, missing in Coventry 19.10.10

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 23:21:54 PM »
I'm back from visiting  :Luv:
Stupidly forgot to take my camera so i've only got some pics taken on a phone!  :shy:
Mum and baby are doing really well, Ruby seems to be loving being a mum, shes so laid back, purring like a machine and doing an excellent job of caring for her baby! Shes decided to nest in the bottom of a scratching post under the table in the kitchen which is good because its a relatively quiet place, its nice and warm and she can be separated from Azzy when my sister isn't there. Azzy is being more of a wuss than usual, hes not too sure about the new arrival, he seems wary of Ruby too (maybe she smells different?) Hes quite a timid cat for his size and actually ran off when the kitten cried!  :innocent:

Anyway, enough of me waffling on heres some pics! -

Mum and dad -

Pumpkin is absolutely gorgeous - almost a carbon copy of Ruby :Luv2:

I spoke to my sister about neutering and Azzy is being done asap and then Ruby will be spayed as soon as she can be.
Apart from all the main reasons for getting them done, shes said she could never go through the heartbreak of having kittens die again.
Rest assured there will be no more kittens!

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 19:10:17 PM »
Hope pumpkin is doing well and Ruby is being a good Mother.

looking forward to seeing the photos

I second that Lindsey! Hope you're okay too!  :hug:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 19:05:41 PM »
Hope pumpkin is doing well and Ruby is being a good Mother.

looking forward to seeing the photos

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 16:23:45 PM »
RIP Domino amd Pizza

I hope that little Pumpkin grows up to be  a very happy cat.

I didnt have time to read this thread yesterday but after seeing the title wondered if a kitten would be called Pumpkin  ;D

Thanks for keeping us updated Lindsay and would also love to see Pumpkin  :hug: :hug:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 09:52:29 AM »
RIP little kitties that didnt' make it.  I'm glad the remaining little one is doing ok and I'd love to see pics of him - I agree that Pumpkin is a great name.

Let's not forget that Lindsey does not, and never has, condoned the fact that her sister's cat wasn't spayed and became pregnant.  I think she was as mad as the rest of us.  But I for one am glad of an update, and am interested in the progress of the one kitten who made it.  Let's hope Lindsey's sister will now see sense and get Ruby spayed.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 06:39:36 AM »
Apologies - just this Mod gets very annoyed at this place being badmouthed so much :-[  :( - back to topic , wishing ll the best to little Pumpkin and I for one am always up for an 'awwwwwwww' over kittens.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2010, 23:15:55 PM »
Okkkkk - and steering back on track. Pumpkin IS here now and I'm sure people want to know she and her Mum are doing well.

Lindsey, I'm sure one of the rescue workers can tell you the soonest Ruby can be spayed after nursing the little one. ;) Hope Ruby is coping with motherhood and Azzy isn't too put out by the newcomer. Also hope Azzys neuter goes well.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2010, 23:03:14 PM »
off topic alert!!! (and a mod too!)

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2010, 22:45:10 PM »
If people stopped throwing their toys out of the pram and 'left' every time they disagreed with something maybe Purrs would still be the place it used to. :-:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2010, 21:49:14 PM »
-definately not the place it used to

that bit I agree with !

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 21:42:50 PM »
hopefully si will be back when he's had time to cool down

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 21:22:33 PM »
I am gutted that Simon has left Purrs over this - definately not the place it used to be  :(

RIP little ones - too precious for this world xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 19:54:17 PM »
I want to say that I am sorry that 2 lives were lost.
I am sorry that yet again Purrs has lost a very valuable member who contributed much to this forum and one I had a great deal of respect for.

• Senior Cat
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2010, 17:58:24 PM »

I hope you didn't suffer and that your lives were not lost because there was no one in attendance.

Ditto

I'm sure a party is more important to some  :tired:

I think I might be leaving the sinking ship as well.

I will just point out that it was a huge surprise that she gave birth last night, it was thought she had at least two weeks left - If the birth had been imminent then my sister would not have gone to the party.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 17:53:39 PM »

I hope you didn't suffer and that your lives were not lost because there was no one in attendance.

Ditto

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 17:56:30 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 17:49:33 PM »
I think the fact that a lot of regulars are ignoring this thread shows what they think of this thread. I only post this to make that point andin the interests of purrs will say no more.

RIP the 2 that didn't make it, I hope you didn't suffer and that your lives were not lost because there was no one in attendance.

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 17:06:05 PM »
Yes. What a shame I didn't remember that. How many litters could Ella and Effie have pushed out for people to admire, Who cares that they don't get homes. let's just get pictures of kittens!! Woop! Woop!

I'm off to gumtree to look at all the pretty kitties posted there! So glad that site exists it is so lovely with all those pretty kitties!!

That is utterly and completely not what I meant!  It seems to me like you are just looking for an augment.

For your information I do not approve of unregistered breeders breeding from their cat's for profit nor do I approve of sites such as gumtree.  I have a female cat who was also neutered as early as the vet would allow as I didn't want her to have a litter.

I enjoy looking at other peoples pictures of kitties as well as posting my own, I'm not suggesting that we should all breed from our cats to get 'lots of cute little kittens' and I resent the implication that I am.  If I was as irresponsible as you appear to be suggesting it's unlikely I would be a member of this forum.

Pumpkin is already here, so starting another row about Lindsay's sisters cat is pointless. 

• Senior Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 17:05:01 PM »

You really do take the biscuit, you are sop caught up you cannot even see why this is wrong.[/b]

Please re-read my threads.

Don't worry i actually don;t want to be a member here after these posts. If the moderators can delete my profile please do.

Bye

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 17:03:11 PM »

You really do take the biscuit, you are sop caught up you cannot even see why this is wrong.

From what I've read, I think that Lindsey clearly could see what was wrong with the situation, she tried her hardest to prevent it from happening and aside from kidnapping the cats and forcibly having them neutered there wasn't much else that she could do. That's why she posted in the first place, to air her annoyance and ask for advice about how she could persuade her sister otherwise. Despite her best efforts the sister didn't listen but it wasn't Lindsey's fault. Now that the kitten is here, I wouldn't expect her to say 'no I'm not going to look at the kitten because of the situation it came from'  :-: And I imagine that now the kitten has been born, Lindsey will start pressing the issue of neutering again to prevent the same thing from happening again. At the end of the day, a kitten is a kitten and you have to expect people to want to see it regardless of the situation it came from but this doesn't make them hypocrites

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 16:59:25 PM »
Simon, sometimes you have to think about things from a different angle to the way you usually do. I am 100% against allowing people to breed from their cats; in all honesty, I think it should be law that a cat is neutered or spayed when it is old enough.

All my cats always have been and I actively assist people getting vouchers organised if it seems they're struggling to sort it themselves.

BUT I also see that Lindsey is trying to make the most of a bad situation. People care about whether Rubys alright, even if they disagree with how her "owners" are caring for her. I'm most definitely not a hypocrite with regards to this - my opinion is very clear; people should definitely spay and neuter their cat, and Lindsey has. Are you telling me you know NOBODY whose animal care leaves a little to be desired?

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 16:54:13 PM »
Simon, I completely understand your distress. I watched the programme and like you read the threads of  the independent rescues struggling to deal with the overload of cats being born due to people being blinkered about just how out of control the situation is.

But Lindsey is actively encouraging responsible cat ownership and has been from the offset by all accounts. We all love fawning over the pictures of kittens born in rescue, and those little ones are the product of irresponsible ownership but noone's getting angry there. (Those kittens aren't the rescues fault, Pumpkin isn't Lindseys.)

I'm sorry to hear  that two little ones didn't make it; it's always tragic whatever the circumstances surrounding them coming into the world. Hope Pumpkin, Mum and Dad continue to thrive and your sister will now do the responsible thing and neuter and spay her cats, Lindsey.

JackSpratt please don;t even post that, it fires ion the arse of everything you say you stand for. You are being a hyprocrite
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 16:59:52 PM by JackSpratt »

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 16:53:23 PM »
Oh sort your attitude out. If you post asking for advice, then keep posting about an unresponsible situation, don't expect us to gather around like the waltons waiting on seeing pics. It makes me angry and I never get involved in anything more than having a laugh here but actually I am so angry at this situation and your attitude about it. People were going off alarming about the BBC2 documentary the other day but this is ok????

Your sister acted irresponsibly and you gathering around fawning over the kitten is playing into the hands of what she wanted. If the thread is a welcome to the kitten,  then you are basically congratulating her for her unresponsible cat ownership. I doubt she will have the cat neutered now, she may as well waffle out a few more kittens too

And frankly I am quite happy to get my arse banned for this response. If we are rubbing our hands together with glee at what could have been three kittens born into the world whilst there are hundreds of feral, unhomed and possibly euthanised cats, we are being hypocrites.

How dare you?! You are the one that needs their attitude sorting out! I take it you would have preferred all three to have been stillborn then?! How nice of you. I think you are being incredibly out of order. I've already asked you to keep your negative comments to yourself and I suggest you calm down because theres no need for the way you are being and frankly its pure nastiness and becoming quite upsetting. I thought this forum was a nice place!

Do I wish all three cats had been stillborn?? What the???? No but three extra cats  being brought into this world because the owners simply couldn't be bothered> Believe me I doubt you are half as upset as I am with your three posts on this subject.

Don't worry i actually don;t want to be a member here after these posts. If the moderators can delete my profile please do.

You really do take the biscuit, you are sop caught up you cannot even see why this is wrong.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 16:53:10 PM »
Simon, I completely understand your distress. I watched the programme and like you read the threads of  the independent rescues struggling to deal with the overload of cats being born due to people being blinkered about just how out of control the situation is.

But Lindsey is actively encouraging responsible cat ownership and has been from the offset by all accounts. We all love fawning over the pictures of kittens born in rescue, and those little ones are the product of irresponsible ownership but noone's getting angry there. (Those kittens aren't the rescues fault, Pumpkin isn't Lindseys.)

I'm sorry to hear  that two little ones didn't make it; it's always tragic whatever the circumstances surrounding them coming into the world. Hope Pumpkin, Mum and Dad continue to thrive and your sister will now do the responsible thing and neuter and spay her cats, Lindsey.

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 16:49:59 PM »
Yes. What a shame I didn't remember that. How many litters could Ella and Effie have pushed out for people to admire, Who cares that they don't get homes. let's just get pictures of kittens!! Woop! Woop!

I'm off to gumtree to look at all the pretty kitties posted there! So glad that site exists it is so lovely with all those pretty kitties!!

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 16:49:27 PM »
Oh sort your attitude out. If you post asking for advice, then keep posting about an unresponsible situation, don't expect us to gather around like the waltons waiting on seeing pics. It makes me angry and I never get involved in anything more than having a laugh here but actually I am so angry at this situation and your attitude about it. People were going off alarming about the BBC2 documentary the other day but this is ok????

Your sister acted irresponsibly and you gathering around fawning over the kitten is playing into the hands of what she wanted. If the thread is a welcome to the kitten,  then you are basically congratulating her for her unresponsible cat ownership. I doubt she will have the cat neutered now, she may as well waffle out a few more kittens too

And frankly I am quite happy to get my arse banned for this response. If we are rubbing our hands together with glee at what could have been three kittens born into the world whilst there are hundreds of feral, unhomed and possibly euthanised cats, we are being hypocrites.

How dare you?! You are the one that needs their attitude sorting out! I take it you would have preferred all three to have been stillborn then?! How nice of you. I think you are being incredibly out of order. I've already asked you to keep your negative comments to yourself and I suggest you calm down because theres no need for the way you are being and frankly its pure nastiness and becoming quite upsetting. I thought this forum was a nice place!

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 16:45:14 PM »
None of this us your fault lindsay  :hug: Nor is it the fault of little pumpkin! What's done is done! 

I'd quite like to see the pictures when you have some!! I'm just a sucker for little kitties!   ;D

Oh. my. god.

What exactly is the problem Simon???  I seem to remember admiring the many pictures of Ella and Effie you have posted!

Most people on here like looking at pictures of other peoples kitties, we're all cat lovers!

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 16:37:05 PM »
None of this us your fault lindsay  :hug: Nor is it the fault of little pumpkin! What's done is done! 

I'd quite like to see the pictures when you have some!! I'm just a sucker for little kitties!   ;D

Oh. my. god.

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 16:36:16 PM »
Oh sort your attitude out. If you post asking for advice, then keep posting about an unresponsible situation, don't expect us to gather around like the waltons waiting on seeing pics, without criticising. It makes me angry and I never get involved in anything more than having a laugh here but actually I am so angry at this situation and your attitude about it. People were going off alarming about the BBC2 documentary the other day but this is ok???? What, is she going to keep this cat - is that three unneutered cats then...wow!

It's not you cat but don't personally glamorise a crappy situation
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 16:39:33 PM by Si, Ella & Effie »

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 16:28:26 PM »

totally agree!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 16:16:47 PM »

Exactly my point! This thread is purely to welcome Pumpkin into the world - please keep the cynicism and petty comments to yourselves.
Afterall, its not the kitten's fault!  :(

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 16:13:45 PM »

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 16:05:25 PM »
Can this just stop please? Whats done is done. End of. I can't express enough how I tried to stop my sister's cat getting pregnant but she did and now this little life has entered the world. The other TWO threads were very negative, I want this to stay positive so just for this one, please keep your negative comments to yourselves. I'm trying to make the best of a bad situation. Geez.

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 15:34:03 PM »
I try and stay out of these sort of threads and actually resisted posting  but this whole story makes me angry and now we are going to get excited about seeing pics. Oh please.

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 12:30:40 PM »
I'm going to visit tomorrow night - defo taking my camera!  ;D

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 12:00:17 PM »
Hopefully Ruby will be a wonderful mum and Pumpkin will thrive.       I think we will need some pics in due course
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

• Senior Cat
Halloween Kitten - Ruby has given birth
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 11:35:35 AM »
I've started a new thread to try and get away from the negativity of the last one, I know how some people reacted to Ruby's pregnancy but she's given birth now and WILL be spayed as soon as possible. (I'm going to advise that she try to get Azzy booked in for neutering this week)

So...

My sister got home around 4am this morning after a halloween party to the sound of little squeaks!
Ruby had 3 kittens but unfortunatley only one survived  :'( The two that were dead had no marks on them so we think they were probably stillborn, one was a black and white and the other a sandy colour, named Domino and Pizza R.I.P little ones.
The one that survived is a ginger/sandy colour and as it was born on Halloween - I said shes got to call it Pumpkin!
It seems to be doing really well, making lots of noise and suckling away! Ruby also appears to be taking motherhood in her stride.  :Luv:

Link to CatChat