Author Topic: Worried about Luna's stitches: She's home!  (Read 10811 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Good luck for tomorrow (or today I should say) - I'm sure it will be fine  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Good luck at the vets ,poor Luna , hope everything goes well . :hug: :hug: :hug:

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
The lan send lota of good luck vibes for :hug: you and Luna and our Luna sends head rubs and purrs for you both
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Have everything crossed for tomorrow  :hug: Let us know how she gets on  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Just seen this - so sorry it's not been straight forward for you and Luna.

Lots of   :hug: :hug: :hug: to you both.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow  :hug: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
Thank you all the concern means alot to me.

Teresa the vet did mention the possibility of an allergy to the type of sutures used so maybe it's that?

Sheryl I asked if it could be a hernia and she seemed doubtful but it's all getting checked out - I just wish she didn't have to be opened up again she hates the cone so much :(

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
Lots of hugs for you and Luna , hope it all goes well tomorrow. :hug: :hug:

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
Sending lots and lots of love to Luna and hugs to you. Hope all goes well tomorrow xxx
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Many years ago I went through similar with my dog Winnie following her spay; exploratory op revealed an allergy to the internal sutures, very easily remedied. Hope Luna will soon be sorted  :hug:

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
I am keeping my fingers x for you and Luna xxx

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Lots of positive vibes for Lunas op tomorrow  :hug: - could it possibly be a hernia?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
Re: Worried about Luna's stitches
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 18:33:47 PM »
Thank you

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 18:04:07 PM »
Poor Luna hope it goes well tomorrow  :hug:
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 17:59:03 PM »
Luna has to be opened up again tomorrow  :(

The vet kept saying we could leave it a couple of days but she wouldn't advise it herself and so another general anesthetic for her tomorrow to explore the lump :(

It's not infection as she didn't flinch as the vet was prodding her and the vet also thought the muscle wall was intact so the lump is possibly fat - but just in case we can't leave it.

My poor baby  :'(

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 15:53:42 PM »
Thanks will check the site properly after the vets, leaving work now to be there on time!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 15:25:41 PM »

Have a look at this page: http://www.petvetcare.co.uk/acatalog/Build_Yourself_First_Aid_Kit.html#a1531   They sell anti lick strips and a protective tshirt

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 15:13:20 PM »
She was given a additional antibiotics injection three days after she was spayed so i'm hoping it's not infection but it could be, your timelines pretty similar to Luna's with the 10 days after op, it just keeps coming and going.  She did NOT appreciate being scruffed at the vets for the needle by the way heh.

Lottie where can you get those body socks?  I'll ask if the vets have anything like that for sale or Pets at home

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 15:02:26 PM »
Ooooo only just seen this. I'd have been traumatised if I'd seen her pulling that out of herself too!!!  :sick: Sounds like she could do with one of those body sock things so she can't get near the wound whilst it heals.

I wonder if she has got an infection as Tigger had a small soft lump appear about 10 days or so after she was spayed that turned out to be a bit of swelling from an infection as whilst she never touched her stitches Bilbo kept washing and pulling them for her  :tired:

Let me know how Luna gets on at the vets later and give her a huuuuuuuge cuddle from me and tell her that Mummy Boopy is sending her a gentle whack round the head for messing with her stitches!

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 14:38:22 PM »
Thank you - Managed to get the appointment for half four and as Chelle's being lovely and driving us there.

I assumed it was Nova but came downstairs to do the litter trays this morning and one of them had pooed inside the open LitterLocker  :shocked: There's normally a carrier bag in there I put the dirty litter into but had tied up the old bag last night and not replaced it.  What was worrying is it was mostly liquid poo (sorry to be graphic), Nova did a perfectly solid poo this morning though so thinking is it the baby?

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 13:29:11 PM »
Sorry just caught up wth this thread.  That photo looks very much like it is an internal stich.  I had this problem with several of mine when a relatively new vet neutered them.  I took them back to my normal vet who cut the piece away but he said the stitches weren't really deep enough and that was why it had broken through.  I think a vet check is a good idea.  Hopefully the lump will just be scar tissue you are feelng but definitely get it looked at.

Good luck and  :hug: to you and Luna.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 09:54:10 AM »
Best of luck at the vets xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 09:52:01 AM »
OK i'm slightly more worried about her wound and we're off to the vets after work.

There's a soft lump which keeps coming and going, yesterday at half five I proudly told Michelle it was gone but by tenpm last night it was back.  I'm hoping it's not a hernia  :(

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 12:53:27 PM »
Dissolvables do sometimes last a while, Pebbles's ended up being taken out when she was there for something else. If they are dissolvables, let her mess with them, they might not come out otherwise
Please spay your cat

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 12:46:01 PM »
I wondered about that Desley but when I went to the vets last sunday for her extra checkup i was told they didn't need to see her again which I assumed meant she had glue stitches. 

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 12:09:12 PM »
IS there a reason she still has stitches in? They are normally taken out after 10 days.
Please spay your cat

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »
Thanks everyone - I'll still keep an eye on it i just think I was traumatised when she started pulling this inch and a half long piece of string out of her side!

also thanks I know I am biased but she is a beautiful little devil  :Luv:

Offline McHaggis

• Adult Cat
  • Haggis & Rosie
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 10:27:30 AM »
Hey Luna , get on the train and come up here for some fun with me and Rosie  ;) ;) ;)
we'll show you lots of naughty stuff
love your big bruv, Haggis x

A cat makes all the difference between coming home to an empty house and coming home :) :) :)

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 09:21:04 AM »
she is lovely   :Luv2:
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 08:39:53 AM »
Chilli was an absolute beggar with her stitches, wouldn't leave them alone, the second the cone was off she was messing with them. I think after a couple of weeks she had removed two herself and only one was left but they had healed enough for it not to be a problem and the last stitch stayed in till we went back and the VN removed it. So I think as long as they've healed enough she should be fine, just keep an eye out for the wound opening up or looking a bit red or anything.

She's gorgeous, I'm so jealous of you two with your NFC's, Lottie has such beautiful babies :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 00:23:17 AM »
She's probably pulling at them as they will feel itchy, when is she due them out?

Gorgeous girl btw  :Luv: I get her mixed up with Rosie and thought she was a tabby!

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 21:28:52 PM »
Does Haggis want a holiday down south?  :Luv2: :evillaugh:

That picture in the bin?  She'd been tipped out of that bloomin' thing about 5 times last night till I gave up and took the photo :)

Offline McHaggis

• Adult Cat
  • Haggis & Rosie
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 21:20:44 PM »
SHE IS SOOO CUTE
HAGGIS SAYS HE MISSES HIS WEE SISTER :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:,

A cat makes all the difference between coming home to an empty house and coming home :) :) :)

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
Worried about Luna's stitches: She's home!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 21:14:55 PM »
Luna was spayed two weeks ago and I only took the cone off her for good this thursday as she kept messing with the wound and the vet wasn't happy with that, although they  gave her the all clear last sunday health wise.

This afternoon she was pulling at her wound and i thought she'd got fluff stuck in there until I realised she was pulling it out of herself - it must be her stitches  :sick:

I've cut the thread do there's nothing left for her to pull at (There's irony if you've read my other recent thread  :evillaugh: ) and she's leaving it alone now - i'll be calling the vets tomorrow to see if they need to see her.

Otherwise she's happy still, she drags toys around with her when she wants to play which is what she's doing now - ooh she just come over to sit beside me on the sofa  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 17:59:46 PM by Zenith »

Link to CatChat