Author Topic: My gorgeous babe Minnie  (Read 10760 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: My gorgeous babe Minnie
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2007, 19:46:53 PM »
Had to take Minnie back in the vets this evening, she's not right at all  :'(  :'(  Sean isn't very optimistic about her outcome as she hasn't gained any weight and if anything, she seems lighter  :'(  She's had an antibiotic jab which seemed to knock her for six, it was the Synulux one but she certainly won't be having it again.......she cried and cried after it  :censored:  He said if there's no improvement in a couple of days, he wants her back in to re do her bloods.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 10:11:29 AM »
I hope shes ok and puts weight on
love
Tab

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 09:01:28 AM »
 :hug:  She seemed really quiet last night after her jab, just seemed to sleep and sleep   :-:  I'm not sure if this is normal or not but then again, it was a big jab for such a little un.  She seems to be brighter this morning and has already been munching at the food bowl  :Luv:

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2007, 22:33:59 PM »
oh i hope she's ok, she looks like such a little sweetheart. fingers crossed she gets real hungry sonn xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2007, 22:19:12 PM »
Hoping for the best for little Minnie  :Luv:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2007, 21:27:17 PM »
Fingers crossed for her Dawn.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2007, 19:33:01 PM »
Minnie's started losing a little weight so I'm really worried about her  :'(  She is still fine in herself and is still eating and bright but obviously something isn't quite right.  She's been back into the vets tonight, she hasn't got a temp or anything so Sean's given her an Anabolic Steroid to try and get her to eat more and hopefully put some weight on.  I've just got to see how she gets on and play it by ear, he said she may need a further injection later on but he doesn't want to do anything else until we know how she reacts to this one.

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2007, 21:15:21 PM »
Don't you just love the smaller ladies - we have 3 - 1 domestic - Peanut now nearly 2 she is very small, was speyed at 10 months but on opening her up vets found she was full of cysts and they removed most of them but she neds checked annually as they will probably come back - knew there was a reason she wouldn't settle anywhere else did try and rehome her 3 times but she wouldn't use litter trays and came back and has never missed she has no fear and may well choke up the hills dogs as she likes to se them off the property all 5lbs of her but fortunately she has lots of big brothers who will back her up!

Storm is the size of a 6 month old kitten carries no excess weight and when put in a crush cage for vets visits is a 5lb Bengal tiger who will do damage to anyone within her range - she has got a couple at our new vets who seem to think she looks all sweetness and light - then vets have plasters and we have told you so thats why she is in a crush cage, in her own environment she a sweetheart who sleeps with us every night but handling is on her terms!

Finally another feral now aged nearly 2 Miss Lunar a ginger girl who looks so swet but again is a shredder but she is also only 5lbs and they are our little girls but size means nothing to them and they all have boys as "litter"  mates or brothers who are well smacked down for no apparent reason!

So small is good!!!! :Luv:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 20:18:01 PM »
I thought Tilly was small at 8 months!

She's gorgeous Dawn, hope everythings ok with the little angel  :Luv: :Luv:

S x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2007, 19:04:00 PM »
This gorgeous little babe had to have another vet visit today.  One of the little horrors must have either scratched her ear or bit it  :censored:  She had a nice big scab which seemed to be getting worse and not better.  She's now had the scab removed, there was a nice amount of pus  :sick: she's also had a jab and she's on a course of antibiotics.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2007, 11:51:13 AM »

My gut feeling is something will rear its ugly head in time but hopefully not.

This is what I'm worried about, even though she seems fine at the moment, I do worry about her as I've seen it too many times with these small ferals   :'(  :'(  The colony where she came from is a pretty healthy one but there was a lot of inbreeding which doesn't help matters......fingers cross she's just petite.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2007, 11:42:36 AM »
thats good she's going to stay with you for good.  I shouldnt think moving her around will be very good for her at all.

My gut feeling is something will rear its ugly head in time but hopefully not.

she is lovely tho. ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 11:39:33 AM »

Dawn how is minnie in her self ?? does she eat/play etc normally ??

It will be interesting to see what happens with her in the next 24 mnths, is she for rehoming or are you keeping her dawn ??

Minnie is reasonably well in herself, she suffers a lot with a snotty nose but nothing mega.  Sean said she looks really good, she has a nice shiny coat but skinny bless her.  She eats well but has never acted like a kitten should, she has never played and spends all her time snuggled up to one of the others but she is very bright in herself.  She suffers from the cold alot as she's got no meat on her, I think this is why she does her best to wean herself into the other cats affections......she uses them as hot water bottles  :Luv:  :Luv:

She isn't up for rehoming as the vet has said there may possibly be future complications, at least with me she will get the care that she needs and I can keep an eye on her.......plus she's my baby and she wriggled her way into my heart  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 11:28:44 AM »
First i seen this thread was just now, that kitten looks absolutely tiny for 8 months old (did you see the one of it next to a full grown cat des ?)
either that or the full grown cat is a freak giant cat LOL

Re the spaying etc i would also air on the side of caution...bearing in mind this cat has obviously something wrong with it aswell as the heart murmur..i suspect the heart murmur must have something do do with its minute size and possibly/probably some other condition going on as of yet unknown.

Dawn how is minnie in her self ?? does she eat/play etc normally ??

I have tried to google very stunted kittens etc but didnt get much coming up really other that heart problems/murmurs can cause it and there was a stunted kitten that tests proved non conclusive but when she was due for spay at 6 months the bloods now showed she had crf..she is still alive and on treatments for the crf.  It will be interesting to see what happens with her in the next 24 mnths, is she for rehoming or are you keeping her dawn ??

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 11:23:25 AM »
Right Mark you distract Dawn's dogs by trying tto kidnap one of the cats and I'll try to sneak a parrot out. Although I think trying to 'sneak' an Amazon out of anywhere is impossible as they don't understand the word quiet lol.

I'm sure if Mark has plenty of meat on him, my dogs could easily be distracted  :rofl:  :rofl:  As for sneaking a parrot out, I've already promised you 2........so when you're ready, they are waiting  ;D

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2007, 11:06:12 AM »
Right Mark you distract Dawn's dogs by trying tto kidnap one of the cats and I'll try to sneak a parrot out. Although I think trying to 'sneak' an Amazon out of anywhere is impossible as they don't understand the word quiet lol.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 11:00:50 AM »
I had a kitten  a long time ago about the time of the Boar War ;D I think. it didn't grow much, however, by the time it was 10 months old the vet was concerned that if she got pregnant the implications of that would be far greater than the op, also he was concerned about the pyo and mammary tumors if she remained unspayed. In view of this I went ahead with the op and she was fine. Of course nowadays anaesthetics are much safer than they were then,. Also as mentioned in another post and I am sure you know that in some parts of the USA the neuter/spay at 8 weeks of age.

A worry I know.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 10:55:52 AM »
I don't want a dog   >:(

:I: :catluv: :M: :I: :N: :N: :I: :E:

PS - There is no "E" in Tan's alphabet so I had to make it up  ;D

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 10:57:24 AM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 10:50:31 AM »
I might be going to Wales for a little trip. I would also like a little souvenir to put in my pocket  :Luv:

Mark, any guests at my house have to have their pockets searched on the way out......by my dogs  :rofl:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 22:40:01 PM »
The only cat I have ever known stay tiny was my auntie and uncles when I was younger. Transpired the poor thing was basically allergic to its own fur and had no chance of a healthy life as it was affecting things other than it's growth. :( Nature can be cruel sometimes.

She is absolutely gorgeous, Dawn.  :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 22:07:35 PM »
I have no idea how much the one weighed last year Lottie - I didn't actually notice in Dawns orginal post about the weight, in America it is 1kg for early spay/neuter, so yes, she is too light - but Dawn's pics must be deceiving, she doesn't look that tiny to me!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 22:03:07 PM »
Our vets did a hernia op on a male at about 7 or 8 weeks earlier this year, and they can be neutered as early as 8 weeks, so it can be done.

But 7-8 weeks old kittens weigh a lot more than 0.85kg don't they?

An 8 week old kitten should weigh around 2lb.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 22:00:15 PM »
Our vets did a hernia op on a male at about 7 or 8 weeks earlier this year, and they can be neutered as early as 8 weeks, so it can be done.

But 7-8 weeks old kittens weigh a lot more than 0.85kg don't they?
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 21:58:59 PM »
They operated on Keiko when she was about 8 weeks but she was bigger than Minnie.  I wouldn't really want to chance having her done just in case........if she grows to a reasonable weight, then I would allow them to do her.  I spoke to Sean a few weeks ago about it and even he didn't recommend it, she is just like a bag of bones, no meat on her whatsoever.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 21:56:00 PM »
I thought your vets had operated on a 5 week old for you last year? Our vets did a hernia op on a male at about 7 or 8 weeks earlier this year, and they can be neutered as early as 8 weeks, so it can be done.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 21:50:51 PM »
Aww bless her Dawn - fingers crossed she doesnt' get any nasty side effects from not being spayed - I dont think the jabs prevent pyo or mammary cancer.

I hope not Des but a kitty her size probably wouldn't survive the anaesthetic  :'(  I have also been warned she may have problems when she gets older......she seems healthy, bloods were normal but I'm still not convinced she's right, she may just be a runt or there may be something else that isn't showing up yet.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 21:48:21 PM »
Awwwww shes gorgeous :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 21:20:47 PM »
Aww bless her Dawn - fingers crossed she doesnt' get any nasty side effects from not being spayed - I dont think the jabs prevent pyo or mammary cancer.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 20:37:43 PM »
I might be going to Wales for a little trip. I would also like a little souvenir to put in my pocket  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 20:22:56 PM »
Can she be spayed when she's that small Dawn or is she not calling because she's so tiny.

I wouldn't like to chance having her spayed and the I don't think my vet would chance it either.  She's never come into season and it's a possibility she won't but to be on the safe side, she had a contraceptive jab about a month ago.

Ellie  :no:  She's staying with her mummy cos she loves her soooo much and she doesn't take up any room  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 19:28:50 PM »
OH Dawn she is gorgeous  :Luv:

She is sooo tiny bless her  ;D

Give her lots of cuddles from me xxx

Gill another mission for the catnap team  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 19:19:35 PM »
ahhh a pocket size kitty! I want one.

And you'd never have to worry about struggling to lift 15kg of cat and carrier to the vets either! Must be so cute to basically have a permanent kitten. Can she be spayed when she's that small Dawn or is she not calling because she's so tiny.
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 19:12:05 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: ahhh a pocket size kitty! I want one.

She's gorgeous.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 17:40:02 PM »
I can't see her growing much tbh as she's not grown up to now  :Luv:

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 17:16:35 PM »
Is she likely to get any bigger? It will be odd if she's the same size as a 6-7 week old kitten when she's fully grown lol.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 17:11:30 PM »
Awww bless. Must be a nightmare making sure you don't step or sit on her lol. Give her a cuddle from me.  :Luv:

You do have to be careful especially when she's lying on the bed, I always have to keep telling my hubby off when he turns over in case he squashes her  :)  I have found a couple of the other cats sitting on her on occasion.......I don't think they realise they are actually squashing a cat  :Luv:

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 17:08:41 PM »
Awww bless. Must be a nightmare making sure you don't step or sit on her lol. Give her a cuddle from me.  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 17:06:17 PM »
She's beautiful  :Luv:

I love the way her ears are full-size  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
My gorgeous babe Minnie
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 16:48:08 PM »
Here's a couple of pics of Minnie.  She is a tiny feral babe weighing in at .85 kg.....she is so tiny bless her  :Luv:  :Luv:  I was a bit concerned about her not growing as she's about 8 months old now but she seems to be healthy enough and there's nothing really apparently wrong with her.  She does have a heart murmer but she's fine in herself.......she spends all her time trying to find a warm cat to snuggle up to  :rofl:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat