Author Topic: Getting worried  (Read 5748 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Getting worried
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 13:55:26 PM »
sounds like the poor thing won't last long enough to be a problem hun, its a worry I know but see how it goes before you get wound up about it

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Getting worried
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 13:48:42 PM »
Hi all,

The woman I got Jameson from (he wasn't called Jameson back then) is my neighbour. She is a nice person and means well, but when it comes to animals she is clueless. Since I've known her she's had a total of 6 dogs (in less than a year) 3 cats, 2 guinea pigs, 2 rabbits and lots of fish. The night I took Jameson off her (she was going to sell him) she bought another kitten the very same night, and got rid of him a few weeks later and blamed it on her having a baby and was worried the kitten would get into the cot and scratch the baby.... Before that she had a staffordshire bull terrier but got rid of him because she got pregnant. She  then got another dog - while she was pregnant - and got rid of him ''because she was having a baby''. This dog ended up in Blackheath but the woman wanted to give him back cos he pooed indoors. Fast forward a few weeks and he's found as a stray in south London. Someone found him and checked the microchipping and called the person on the microchip (the owner before my neighbour). I have no idea where he is now. ANYWAY. The reason I'm posting is because she told me (on msn chat) just now that she's picking up a cat tonight ''from a woman down the road'' (baring in mind, she's just had a baby!!). I said to her ''i thought you didnt want a cat cos of the baby'' and she answered that she'll keep him shut out of their bedroom at night. I asked if the cat was a male or female - it's a male (Jameson too). I asked if he is neutered as otherwise problems may arise between him and Jameson. She said no - but that she's keeping him indoors and having him neutered within the week.

Apart from obviously being worried about the cats welfare (I know she'll get rid of him as soon as she's bored), should I be worried about Jameson? How likely is it for 2 male cats to get into scruffles? Is there anything I should do/ say/ suggest? I am also getting angry at her. She is not mean, just clueless.

She gets free vet care at PDSA as she's on benefits. I think it's all so unfair.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Link to CatChat