Author Topic: I'm the suspect but who's the culprit?  (Read 5434 times)

ccmacey

Re: I'm the suspect but who's the culprit?
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2008, 00:52:35 AM »
My cats do come in to use the tray, thats why I cant see it being Lyla. Yes I would find it annoying but If I was approached like an adult and asked about it I would try to do more. I had all sorts of foul language thrown at me and now its war. On their behalf, I cant be arsed  :evillaugh:

Quote from Mr neighbour

"Yes you are the only person in this area with cats, I haven't seen any others"

:rofl:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2008, 15:43:58 PM »
I have a tray in the shed and a dug over patch with sand mixed in it to encourage my outdoor poopers to use my garden, works some of the time  :tired:
Fortunately my neighbour isnt evil enough to harm my cats. I hope.

Offline CharlieFarley

• Adult Cat
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2008, 15:22:39 PM »
To be fair, I can understand why the neighbour is annoyed - I mean if people let their dogs roam loose and mess everywhere then all hell would break out, but for cats its ok??

I adore my 2 boys and love cats generally, but it still annoys me to find other cat poop in my garden.

My boys aren't free roaming yet, they go out in the garden when we are home, but they have never poohed in the garden, they rush in, use the tray, and go back out to play again.

I will also be putting a tray outside when they go out full time for them to use - I wouldn't want them poohing in my garden or anyone elses.  I know I can't stop them, but I can at least try.

ccmacey

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2008, 13:23:10 PM »
The only reason Lyla is getting out is my son broke a bit off the fence and she is getting through the hole, I have plugged it with something and all is going well, upto now  :scared:

Offline Kate

• Adult Cat
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2008, 11:37:06 AM »
Cats are free roaming by law. Try and convert anger to pity - he is clearly a sad and unhappy man who will live his life without the joys of cats (and probably lacks human friends too).

ccmacey

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2008, 22:38:35 PM »
Oh I swear to God MM I feel really upset at him by what he has just said to me, I thought he was a nice bloke.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2008, 22:35:54 PM »
Cats are free roaming by law

ccmacey

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2008, 22:29:29 PM »
Im really stressed, shaking and angry.

I have just had an argument with "mr neighbour" and Im really angry about what he has said. apparently Im the only person with cats in this area because he has never seen any cats around here before. Oh and I shouldnt be letting them out. which ended with a f :censored: off from him.

And to think when I moved in I thought they were nice  :-:

I said its not illegal to let your cats out and he said well you shouldnt be letting them out.

Can someone please tell me where I stand on this.

Really  >:(

ccmacey

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2008, 23:49:46 PM »
Thanks J's mum

Im just starting to think she is a bit mental as she hoovers at 11 o'clock at night, I mean what sane person does that lol

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2008, 17:31:28 PM »
It's so simple. Tell your neighbours to go to Homebase and buy Cat-a-pult. It's a spray that prevents cats, dogs, foxes etc doing their business in your garden. We sprayed our lawn this time last year and haven't had any poop or wee since! The spray costs a couple of quid, surely they can afford that. Remember some people likes to complain cos it gives them something to do.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

ccmacey

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2008, 13:40:58 PM »
Yes I did not mean anything further into that, if someone else had of said it my reply would of been the same.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2008, 08:07:26 AM »
Yes I know what Ela meant.

I do too,  there were no hidden connotations. The reply I gave would have been the same to whoever had posted.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2008, 21:11:57 PM »
.....But all the same CC you should be wary.....life has taught me that! Its all good doing something back to them but its the reason for which you would have to retaliate which scares me!  :scared:

Ive told you for a long time that they are jealous of you and yours.....they have lived there a lot longer than you and you have done a lot more to your home/garden than them.....please keep a close eye on them!  :shify: ;) :hug:

ccmacey

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2008, 20:55:28 PM »
Yes I know what Ela meant. We will be buying a house in the futre so I know I can get out when the time needs be.

Getting on the wrong side of them? I cant help if my cats go into their garden and its not illegal to let your cats out.

Even though I dont think it is Lyla because I just cant see her going down their path and pooing right there!

There are lots of other cats here and I agree it COULD be her, but untill they actually see her doing it Im not taking the blame, and they are going to be told this if it happens again.

If a child has chalked on your wall do you blame the kid next door? Just small minded people

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2008, 18:50:33 PM »
I know you don't I was just posting what happens here and possibly other places as so many people have purchased the council houses. I did think it a valid point.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 18:51:19 PM by Ela »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2008, 16:17:13 PM »
Elas point is dont think you can afford to be on the wrong side of the neighbours as you may get stuck with them longer than you thinks.

If anything was threatened I would just phone the rspca

:rofl: you know that wouldnt achieve anything. I read too often of people baiting chicken skins with anti freeze, it would be too late then.
If they are getting that agitated it wont take them long to decide they want rid.

My neighbour tried the bottles of water expect he used 2pt milk cartons laid on their sides. I caught Tabitha pooing next to it. She was  :censored: scared. :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :rofl:

ccmacey

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2008, 12:17:56 PM »
Ela why post if nothing usefull to say? I do not live in Chesterfield you know.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2008, 08:03:15 AM »
, also I will not be here for years to come because I have a boy and girl in a 2 bed house.

I don't know if it is your own or council, however, if it is council round here people are having a difficult time of being offered a 3 bedroomed house once a child is nearly 10 as quite simply 3 bedroomed  houses are not becoming available as so many people have purchased their homes from the council. Almost every house on some estates is now in private hands. I have been told that the council are offering up to £5000 for people in 2 bedroomed houses to move to one bedroomed bungalows.

ccmacey

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2008, 01:14:51 AM »
Ahh should I tell them the truth.... it was actually me  :evillaugh:  :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2008, 14:12:31 PM »
sounds like they might just be a bit loopy

ccmacey

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2008, 13:24:17 PM »
Thats the point it is something silly and do you blame whoever is closest? Obviously by their rules.

You know Im just sick of living trying to keep the neighbours happy. They are petty.

They have a cheek to complain about people lighting fires when their washing is out, then light a fire themselves when mine is out. I go outside for a fag and they are saying oh I can smell smoke and it stinks. I cant even have a fag in my own back garden. Whenever her toilet blocks she is at my door saying have I put baby wipes down the loo cos thats caused the blockage, although I am the end house and the sewerage runs down the street not up. But I suppose Im the only person in this street with kids so I must be to blame  :rofl:

I am really sick of jumped up people thinking they are better, Im going to start standing my own because this is depressing me now.

Back to the cats lol

If anything was threatened I would just phone the rspca, or threaten to knock her lights out because soon the whole thing is gonna blow.

Arghhhhh ahhhhhhh  :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2008, 10:53:15 AM »
that's what worried me Mark and one of the reasons we cat proofed, I did speak to our neighbour but he took a different approach to cc's and said yours aren't the only cats around, we get dozens in - the neighbour we back on to was more of an issue for me, I saw him throwing stones at Algie once, because of the layout of our houses I could never tell from the front which house it was so never spoke to them about it, they've moved now thankfully

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2008, 10:49:45 AM »
my next door neighbour used to put half filled plastic water bottles around the garden to scare cats off, he said they didn't like the reflection

I went to collect a cat for rehoming a while ago. She had smothered her garden in neat Jeyes fluid  >:( - she said "someone" told her that it keeps cats out of the garden  >:(
I told her it also kills cats if they ingest it  >:(

This was her way of trying to keep Toms away from her un-neutered cat  :Crazy: - and she worked in a hospital  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2008, 10:46:23 AM »
they may be silly people, but they live on your doorstep and have the capacity to make your life hell if you choose to adopt a confrontational attitude (or even a 'stuff you' attitude). So perhaps if you offer to keep them indoors for a couple of days so they can gain an understanding of the fact that yours are not the only cats in the neighbourhood (as someone has already suggested) you will be able to work out a better relationship with them in the future ...

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 10:43:34 AM »
my next door neighbour used to put half filled plastic water bottles around the garden to scare cats off, he said they didn't like the reflection

ccmacey

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 10:36:13 AM »
Trust me Susanne, we have tried, we also have a 5ft rabbit hutch and they use that to jump off too. I dont think anything would keep harry in.

You know what Im not taking it too seriously because if a dog pooped in your front garden would you blame the dog next door? Its just silly people complaining about silly things.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 08:22:06 AM »
Can you keep them inside for a day or 2?  Then if the fouling of your neighbours garden continues, they may accept that it's not down solely to your cats.  Although I agree that their behaviour is unreasonable and that you shouldn't have to keep your cats indoors, I do think that it's worth taking their complaint seriously, if only for the well being of your cats.  Like someone else said, it may be illegal for them to harm your cats but try finding a police station that is interested if you think they've been deliberatey harmed.  I think it's worth avoiding this escalating to the point where they are considering doing something to your cats, if only because they think you don't give a toss.  Given that your garden is halfway there with the cat proofing, would it cost a lot more to get it completely cat proof?  Perhaps some of those on here who have catproofed gardens could advise on ways in which you could make it a bit harder for your escapees to get out.

ccmacey

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 23:59:37 PM »
I would love to get the propper system but the cash flow is a problem, also I will not be here for years to come because I have a boy and girl in a 2 bed house. So when I move I will need more cat proofing for a larger garden. Athough the money that has been spent probabily could of bought the real thing.

I see other cats all the time around here but somehow they all seem to belong to me!

We are known as "the house with all the cats" better than being the house with all the kids eh?

It is always the same getting grief from neighbours, im sick of it and wish they would mind their own.  :censored: animal haters!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 22:24:32 PM »
You are highly unlikely to be the only one with cats in the area and you do not have to keep your cats in.

In your situation I would sort out the cat proofing so neither cat can get out for your own peace of mind if the neighbours are nasty.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 19:34:22 PM »
They are making me feel like I should keep my cats inside and I dont think thats right.

Isnt that the point of catproofing  :-: :-:

I have the same problem with my neighbour but luckily he isnt the nasty type (i hope). If they are getting aggressive so quickly i would be concerned about them playing dirty and using antifreeze.
Best to get the garden sorted properly so they cant escape.

Its against the law to try and injure a cat eg broken glass but just try to find a police station that will be interested

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 19:04:35 PM »
Yes cats are regarded as free roaming and you are not responsible for their actions.  If your neighbour makes any kind of threats, tell him you will speak to a solicitor who will note that threats have been made. That way, he knows that if anything happened to the cats, the police would know where to go. This should be enough to shut him up.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 18:55:51 PM »
get some statistics together - basically, legally, a cat is viewed as an animal that wanders - unlike dogs, there is no obligation for the owner to confine the cat. Your neighbours are being unreasonable and are harrassing you. Tell them if they continue with this behaviour you will consider reporting them to the housing authority for un=neighbourly behaviour  :evillaugh:

The onus rests with them to prove it is your cat, and while your escapees may be contributing, they are highly unlikely to be the only contributors - I doubt there is any built-up area of the UK that is cat-free ...

Offline Kate

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 18:39:27 PM »
just tell em' cat poo is a natural fertiliser and they should be paying you for it :-)

Offline Kenzi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 18:19:38 PM »
I like the plan of the glow in the dark poop :evillaugh:
A cat is a free spirit who will come to you for affection, but only on her terms. The quicker a devoted owner understands this the faster harmony will resume.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 15:58:56 PM »
Or you could get a tiger I can't see them messing with it in their garden and it'd be good for their roses  ;D
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

ccmacey

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 15:53:46 PM »
Maybe I will just shot a dog over lol.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 15:38:48 PM »
Oh that's a shame, then you might have to revert back to "Plan B". This consists of a radio controlled, lifesize, lifelike cat decoy/poop dispenser sort of like the hare at the greyhound track. Obviously I suggest that you'd want to deploy one that was a different colour and breed to your cats.  :Crazy:

Also a good idea to make sure that you don't have any CBers nearby or things could go horribly wrong. ;D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 15:40:46 PM by LeighK »

ccmacey

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 15:29:48 PM »
HA HA great plan, but they are beside me. My house is stuck to the side of theirs if you know what I mean, so I am detatched but with a wart on my backside.

And I think I would be watching more lol

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 15:07:13 PM »
Maybe you should just tell 'em that you have added the flourescent stuff  :sneaky: and that if they find that their cat poop glows in the dark then you take full responsibility and won't charge them for their suplimental garden lighting, kind of a bluff.  ;D It would be kind of fun watching them sitting in their living room with the lights out and the curtains not drawn watching the garden as night draws in to see if it glows.  :evillaugh:

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 15:17:43 PM by LeighK »

ccmacey

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 15:01:15 PM »
Really, where from?  :rofl:

No thats a really good idea then I would be able to prove its not me, well you know what I mean lol

They are making me feel like I should keep my cats inside and I dont think thats right.

Link to CatChat