Author Topic: Weird behaviour  (Read 1511 times)

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
Re: Weird behaviour
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 14:35:41 PM »
I think it's the weather.  Ollie saw a cat in our front garden today and was glaring at it and growling.  When Portia went to have a look he whopped her one which he's never done before.  I don't think he'll do it again either - small as she is, she really clouted him one round the ears  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 12:54:12 PM »
sounds like there had just been a build up of annoyance and general ill feeling that needed to be vented.  

Whats the weather like with you ?  Always all my life i have noted that pre and during stormy weather cats act abit highly strung and weird.  (i've never found out why but they all seem to do it)

I too have noticed this, especially if it's really Windy ??
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 12:18:46 PM »
The weather is horrible and my cats do enjoy outdoor time - but not at the moment. (Through choice!) It's usually my oldest tom that gets narky about this sort of weather, but apparantly not today! I did just notice a kitten sat on a windowsill across the road....wonder if mine have noticed it yet? :shify:

Everyone has settled down for a kip now! Crazy animals!

MM, I love the fact that Milly bops people if she's peeved at something she's looking at out the window - classic! :rofl:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 12:12:26 PM »
sounds like there had just been a build up of annoyance and general ill feeling that needed to be vented.  

Whats the weather like with you ?  Always all my life i have noted that pre and during stormy weather cats act abit highly strung and weird.  (i've never found out why but they all seem to do it)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 12:10:26 PM »
Redirected aggression, LJ annoyed OM by ruining her futon time so the next thing to get in her way got it which happened to be your youngest.

Milly does this sometimes if something out the window annoys her she will turn around and smack a human or a cat  :evillaugh:
She also tells the others off for playing around, she then sits there looking really satisfied because peace has returned to her queendom

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Weird behaviour
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 11:58:13 AM »
OK, where to start. Since Parsley past away our youngest cat hasn't had a regular "playmate." When we took Ember in we organised a home in case things didn't work out, but thought she'd make a good playmate. She did - she had TOO much energy for our youngest cat and completely freaked her out. So our youngest cat decided Little Junkie (sorry, you all probably think that's an awful nickname. We call it him affectionately, honestly!) should be her new playmate and to a degree he has reluctantly resigned himself to this role.

Today, the youngest cat tried to get him to play and he obviously dodn't want to. She kept batting him, he kept batting her and trying to move away. He got onto the windowsill and she sat on the futon looking disgruntled. Old Mog sat on the back of the futon and started grumbling at him (the windowsill is behind the futon) so I told her to move if she was going to moan at him. (I know, I'm sure she understands every word!) She got off, stood looking at the youngest cat and literally yelled at her repeatedly until a minor scuffle broke out - it was over really quickly but it was really odd. A few tufts of fur came out in the process!

I've never seen them do this before and wondered what could have prompted it. Any ideas? It was almost as if Old Mog was backing up Little Junkie but she's always been a teeny bit jealous of him so that can't be it. (No idea why.) Unless of course, she thinks bullying privileges are solely hers!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Link to CatChat