Author Topic: Kylie watery eye  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
Re: Kylie watery eye
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 21:16:02 PM »
Another thing it could be is a residual effect if she had cat-flu when she was younger. Many perfectly healthy cats display symptoms for the rest of their lives once they've had it. It's nothing to worry about really unless she seems to be in any pain, the discharge turns to greeny yellowy goo or, as bertie's mum says the third eyelid is up.

Hope she stays well  ;D
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 21:11:02 PM »
Thanks people  ;D

She seems fine today so I will keep an eye (no pun  :evillaugh: )
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 20:06:20 PM »
Forgot to add, Mark, that Minnie has one constantly watery eye - and not the one she's blind in.  Vet says it's normal in some cats and only panic if she seems to be in pain or the tears aren't clear. 

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 21:58:51 PM »
Quite possibly although it wasn't really windly then. Maybe that eye is more sensitive? She is fine now  :Luv2:
I think she s in the garden and I'm tring not to get too neurotic about the flood warnings  :scared:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 20:56:11 PM »
shadow's eye was really runny today when i got home - i think the combination of wind and cold certainly can make that happen...

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 20:43:17 PM »
Fraser sometimes gets that mark.  Could she have been outside and had the wind in her eye ? 

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 20:21:23 PM »
No 3rd eyelid showing and tears were clear so no infection. She seems fine. This happens once in a while and its always the same eye. I suppose there is a lot of dust around as the kitchen people were knocking chunks out of the walls although its one floor up.

She seems fine now. I panicked at the time as my baby was blinking and looked like she was crying  :(

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 19:18:22 PM »
Could she have poked herself in the eye with something?  And was her third eyelid showing?  That's usually the biggest cause for concern.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Kylie watery eye
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 15:41:07 PM »
Kylie was in her ikea tent and one of her eyes was 1/2 closed & blinking. The eye was also watering quite a bit. She as had the same thing with the same eye for quite a while and often months apart. I rang the vet in a panic this time but by the time I got through, her eyes was open and she had jumped doen and was eating. I don't want her to be in any discomfort but at the same time, don't want to drag her down the vet for no good reason. Anyway, the vet said if she is fine now, leeave her but bring her in if it happens again.

Link to CatChat