Author Topic: new cats.  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
'
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 16:37:53 PM »
Good Luck with your search Christine
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Christina

• Adult Cat
Re: new cats.
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 16:32:12 PM »
oh ok then. if it doesnt make much of a differemce then will probably get the resucue center to match me up then!  i wouldnt get a kitten i dont think. i would get an older cat. My brother has just adopted a resuce cat called arthur. He was terribly mistreated. he only has one eye and his legs were broken. hes a real messy looking thing, which is why i think nobody else wanted him. the home said hed been there ages.  But he is the lovliest sweetest cat ever.so affectionate. It makes me really happy too see a mistreated cat get a good home at last. Thats the sort of cat i would like to go for. One that other people pass by.
Thanks for the advice!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 10:22:42 AM »
With kittens dont assume it will all be rosy as you never know what you are getting until they have matured!

How I agree with that statement. I often tell people that the sweetest little kitten once matured  its true temperament comes out and can turn into a robust 'they who must be obeyed type'. I also say if they want a lap cat far better to adopt a cat whose temperament is know by the fosterer.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 08:10:01 AM »
Good luck, temperament is the best thing, but a lot of people say female female combinations aren't good, but I have known some that have got on well.
Please spay your cat

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 20:51:35 PM »
I agree and good luck with choosing a new kitty :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 18:39:23 PM »
If you go to a rescue they will help you match up as best as you can. Its definately temperament thats most important.
With kittens dont assume it will all be rosy as you never know what you are getting until they have matured!

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Buddy & Daisy
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 13:17:24 PM »
Hi i've had different tales from people - i just got a new male cat and was trying (still am) to introduce him to my female and male cat.  Some told me i'd have trouble having two toms as they'd fight, others said it would be the female who didn't like him.  It turns out that neither are too keen on him.  I'd agree with Ela i think its the temprament, i'd consider getting one maybe a little younger than as they'd both be kittens so could play together.
Always in my heart RIP Jet, Cleo, Poppy, Oscar & Sydney x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 16:34:14 PM »
It really will make no difference,  (as long as they are both neutered/spayed.) I think it is the temperament that counts.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 16:35:43 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Christina

• Adult Cat
new cats.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 16:29:42 PM »
just a quick question. i was just thinking, im getting  a new cat soon to keep my little friendly one year old girl company.  does it matter what sex the new cat is? Is there a tendancy for a female cat to get on better with a male cat, or a another female cat? or doesnt it make a difference?!!!!! just thought id check!

Link to CatChat