Author Topic: Lump on tail  (Read 1507 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: Lump on tail
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 19:28:29 PM »
regardless if its a cyst or lipoma (fatty lump) neither are emergency situations michelle but i already know your going to the vets later in the week and thats fine.  The biggest problem with either of these are if they grow the tail has so little skin so removal can be really tricky.

fingers crossed it is something very minor and let us know what the outcome is which i am sure you will any road  :)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 12:33:44 PM »
Going to pop Rocky along to the vets this week.

Please dont think i dont care because i havent already taken him but its hardly an emergency and i was so busy last week. Believe me if it had have been something urgent he would have been there ASAP

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »
I'm not one to rush to the vets but just wanted to check with someone if its ok to leave it

If it were my cat I woud ask the vet.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 22:53:21 PM »
I would have said more a cyst than a fatty lump, you generally get fatty lumps on teh sides of animals, and more so if they have some extra weight.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 22:12:56 PM »
It sounds like a ummmmm hell cant think of name..............kocka had one and me too.......it will come to me in a minute...............or 10!

Cyst, thats what I was earching for. Best get it checked by vet  to see if thats what it is cos they can get infected and very painful. Kockas burst in the end and caused loads of problems and it had to be removed at age 18/19! I wanted them to remove it a number of years before but they didnt want to. It was on her back like mine but on a tail could be more of a problem maybe.

I believe there is also something called a fatty lump or something but best to get it checked out.

Same with mine it got so painful and was lanced I think but its started coming back grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Lump on tail
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 20:53:19 PM »
Rocky has a lump on his tail -
Its about an inch down from his bottom - i cant see an injury so dont think its an absess.
It feels sort of soft and moves but i cant move it all around
(am i making any sense here ??)

I'm not one to rush to the vets but just wanted to check with someone if its ok to leave it

Link to CatChat