Author Topic: Worried about Bailey AGAIN! Any advice please...Third eye  (Read 1510 times)

Offline suzi

• Adult Cat
Re: Worried about Bailey AGAIN! Any advice please...Third eye
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 22:24:41 PM »
 :thanks:

Thanks Gill and lynn

......Like i said before...we are just worryers when it comes to anything with Bailey after everything we have been through with him!

He is running around the livingroom playing with the kitten...hiding in his tunnel and pouncing on everything as I type! Which reassures me there is nothing to worry about!!!

Fingers crossed his eyes will go back to normal soon!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 22:17:27 PM »
Lynn is the one with the real knowledge and like her I hope he gets better very soon and there is nothing serious  ;D

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 22:14:58 PM »
I wouldnt panic !!

It could be a minor injury that has caused this and it may well totally recover.

I'm not sure what your vet suspects it possibly is but any or the more serious condtions i think the vet must think they are an outside long shot if he/she isnt to concerned.

Lets hope it gradually gets better this week but meantime i'd just monitor him.

Offline suzi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 22:00:33 PM »
Hi Gill

My boyfriend's memory of the details of what the vet suggested isn't too good! He tells me she stated it could be a number of things and it was hard to pinpoint it to one thing at this early stage.She said it may pass in 6-8 weeks...which I have been looking up on google and think this maybe Haws? She also mentioned to him that it is possible it is related to the nervous system at the back of his eyes? He can't remember the names she said but named two possible infections which are incurable.

The kitten has not had any infections or illnesses that we/ rescue centre know of and they had him from 6 weeks old..and got him and his litter from the family who owned the mum and didn't want kittens. But the vet suggested that possibly the kitten may have carried an infection that Bailey has now picked up? Kitten has a perfect bill of health though.

The vet just took his temp.... no other tests/ blood. She said if his third eye continues they would progress to more tests.

Bailey is completely fine....completely himself....no problems..eating, tolieting, playing... and is getting along with the kitten really well..they play together, clean each other, and sleep together.

I think I'm possibly over-reacting..and panicing. Bailey perhaps didn't need to go to the vet today...as he is otherwise completely himself..i was just worried about his eyes.

I think the vet was not too worried either, but was just explaining all the possibilities.

Does that make any more sense? (Might even make it more confusing!!!!)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 20:44:55 PM »
Poor Bailey, whatever does the vet think he has caught that may take so long to go or may be incurable?

What illness has the kitten had?

Did the vet take blood tests or do any tests?

I think we need a bit more information.......how is Bailey acting?

Offline suzi

• Adult Cat
Worried about Bailey AGAIN! Any advice please...Third eye
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 19:54:41 PM »
Bailey has now been with us for a year...and he's just seems to be the most unlucky cat ever! For a healthy wee one year old cat we have now spent close to a £1000 on vet fees for one thing or another.Some of you may remember he was hit by a car on Christmas eve...and suffered a 'tail pull' injury and damaged nerves...which resulted in his tail being amputated and he recovered to full health.

Anyway..the latest illness that i would be grateful for any advice or anyone who has experienced this....

Over the weekend Bailey has had half his eyes covered by 'third eye'...but has otherwise been perfectly fine....eating..playing...sleeping!
My Boyfriend took him to the vet today just to get him checked out and his temperature etc is normal. The vet wasn't too concerned but thinks he may have picked up an infection from the introduction of our 9 week old kitten 3 weeks ago? He was given wo injections by the vet today...and she has said it may take 6 weeks to a year to clear.....and also made comment that it may be an incurable infection???

Like i said before he is otherwise completely himself....but it just looks awful...and i'm a worrier!!!

Can anyone please offer me any further info/advice/ or share their experiences with me please???

Link to CatChat