Author Topic: Sainsbury pet insurance - food?  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Sainsbury pet insurance - food?
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 21:57:08 PM »
Hells bells didnt realize i could have claimewd for Kockas ad diet LOL..............sigh.

Just to clarify what Desley said its per condition not per year with Sainsburys and my experiences with them were very good.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 13:08:22 PM »
I have had a/d covered by Sainsburys, it is worth asking the vet to include it, and see. Am sure Hels has had food covered by Sainsbury's too. According to the policy I have on my PC, it is £6.500 for each and every illness - so as long as you renew it each year, you are covered, it doesn't start fresh each year (Which I think is fine for oldies, but if I had youngsters, I wouldn't use it!!). With things like jabs, you can either 'store' them up, or get the vet to keep sending forms in, with Pebbles's steroid jabs, I just got them to do one big claim at the end, and I meant to do the same with Tiger's jabs, as I pay £3.85 for the form to be filled in, but then forgot to take a form in!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 12:45:27 PM »
I think i/d is classed as a clinical diet, my insurance say clinical diet but exclude obesity diets. As it doesnt list individually i think you should be covered.

And also - one last query concerning the insurance - of the limit of £6,000 per condition - is it per condition, for every year you renew your insurance (so £6k each year) - or per condition, for the life of the cat?
I think Sainsburys is 6k per year, Desley can confirm that tho  ;D

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
Sainsbury pet insurance - food?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 11:19:19 AM »
We're currently trying to help our puddy cat Suki get better (got another thread going on that), and thankfully have insurance with Sainsburys for her.

The vets have been brilliant and have done a direct claim for us (as the bill was around £800) and we've paid the 15% excess - so far it's quite clear.

There has been treatment since the first claim and the vet said that they would put another claim in when needed as a continuational claim .... again quite clear ..

However, I wondered if anyone has had to claim for food?

In the policy is says : Cost of a clinical diet in order to treat a specific Illness up to £200 per Condition

The cost of a clinical diet for Your Pet, up to the Maximum Benefit of £200 per Condition, as long as it is recommended by Your Vet in order to treat a specific
Illness and is only available from Your Vet.

We mentioned this to our vet last night and she said that normally most insurance companies only allow you to claim for food with regards to struvite crystals - but she said if it does not specifically mention that then we may be able to claim.

Would you think that as the food we're giving her (i/d) is to help her with her issues, that this would be classed under this insurance clause?

And also - one last query concerning the insurance - of the limit of £6,000 per condition - is it per condition, for every year you renew your insurance (so £6k each year) - or per condition, for the life of the cat?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 11:22:48 AM by scattycat »

Link to CatChat