Author Topic: My unsuspecting cats don't realise that....  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: My unsuspecting cats don't realise that....
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 19:03:03 PM »
It's a good thing Mark.   I keep meaning to ask on here about home visits especially when cats are very ill.  I hate taking mine in but they always say that they have all the equipment there if need be  :shy:

Glad all was well and best of luck for Alice next week  :hug:

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 19:04:16 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 14:31:22 PM »
Luckily our vet only charges £25 extra for a home visit. Split over 3 cats, it is nothing if you take off what I would spend in petrol with doing 2, possibly 3 x  10 mile round trips + the fact that they can go straight back to what they were doing.

Anyway - Craig was happy with Lazarus. The VN that came with him said he is like a different cat  :Luv2: (he has a big fan club - she was having a good cuddle with him ) - he said he would like Laz to have a T4 test around 3 months from when he had the last (17th Dec) but no real concerns. Craig also managed to pull out the "lump" I pointed out  :-[

Kylie had a bit of tartar which Craig scratched off with his nail and told me to keep an eye on her teeth and scratch it off myself if it build up again.

Alice has to go in for a dental next week as he isn't too happy with the area around a canine that sheared off (before we got her) + wants her he go onto metacam for her joints. He recommended going for a lower dose - ie for a 3kg cat for a couple of weeks to see if she improves and them try her off it and see if she goes downhill - then back on it if she does but trying to give her the lowest effective dose. I asked about giving a couple of drops and he said he really doesn't believe it would have any effect (except placebo) as that is like giving a dose for a 0.4kg cat.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 13:01:41 PM »
Good luck - that does make sense with a number of cats. Chelsea drools caused by obsessive licking of the carrier - not a pretty sight in a long-haired cat.

I will be talking to my vets - there has been new vet nurse staff and a new vet. A old lady confined to a wheelchair asked if they would make a home visit to cut her elderly cat's claws (as they are getting caught in the carpet) and they refused  >:(

So I am taking the old boy (the cat) in on Thursday - you would think they could send a vet nurse up there - only 5 mins away to help her and of course she was willing to pay.

Sorry I digress - good luck with the vet visit  :hug:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 13:15:36 PM by Edd »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
My unsuspecting cats don't realise that....
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 12:50:10 PM »
Mr Vet is on his way to jab them with needles and prod them about  :evillaugh:

It just seems so much easier to have a home visit with a few cats - especially Alice - she was petrified the last time I took her; hyperventilating and drooling in the car - it was quite scary  :scared:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 12:52:12 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat