Author Topic: Diet/senior food that went down well  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Diet/senior food that went down well
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 19:02:40 PM »
Well I went to our local garden centre and bought a 2kg bag tonight - wish me luck. I know mine would all eat Iams if they had the chance but I won't buy it now. Rach, I think James Wellbeloved and Burns are good. Burns especially as I believe they use organic meat - mine won'y eat it though. Supermarket-wise, Olli dry is made by Bakers and they have a no animal testing policy. I bought Willow the Lamb JWB toda as well and she sniffed and walked of in disgust  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 18:13:27 PM »
The main thing is to make sure she eats and if she will only eat food from lets say unethical companies , her eating is more important.

Mine eat Felix and they wont eat anything else.

Mrak I am so pleased you have found something likeable, ....................ummmmmmmm for now  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline rache

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 17:02:53 PM »
Oh my god that's terrible. I was so busy buying fairtrade/ organic people food I didn't even think about the cat food!! Right I'm not buying that anymore! Sorry to hijack your thread Mark, but which diet biscuits are ethically ok (that I can buy at Sainsbury's!) Is felix ok, I think she might leave home if I stop giving her that!

Thanks

Rach

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 16:53:08 PM »
Lucy wasn't keen on JWB Light, so she is on Pro-plan light now - but every other cat has loved JWB - unless I have bought the duck and rice, the boys didn't like that very much, and it took ages to get through a 3kg bag.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 16:36:51 PM »
JWB always goes down well with my lot, they cant gobble it quick enough  :)

Rache as you are new here you wont know that Iams is a much hated company by many!
www.uncaged.co.uk/iams
www.iamscruelty.com

Offline rache

• Kitten
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 16:21:25 PM »
Pretty obvious - so apologies if you've tried it, but mine loves Iams light (although this is a cat who will eat anything she can find including her own poo, so she hasn't exactly got refined taste!)

HTH

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Diet/senior food that went down well
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 14:41:03 PM »
I am always tring to find diet food that Kylie actually likes. I bought a small James Wellbeloved turkey & rice light/senior on saturday and she loves it!. I was sceptical as JWB has never gone down well with my cats but this one..... well as it says on the pack "get ready to be amazed" ;D
I can't find the fat content anywhere on the bag but I assume it's low.

Anyway, I will buy a large bag now - then she will decide she doesnt like it after all  :-:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat