Author Topic: sneezing cat?  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
Re: sneezing cat?
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 11:05:29 AM »
If he tends to sneeze most in the bedroom, then I would try eliminating one thing at a time.  See what happens now the pillows have been removed. If that doesn't help, have a good hoover and dust all over the room (if you feel there is dust lurking!).  After that it might be worth eliminating aerosols, perfume, air fresheners. 

I guess otherwise he seems well, but if the sneezing gets worse, his eyes run or he's off his food in the meantime, get the vet to check him.

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 01:08:37 AM »
Is your duvet or pillow stuffed with feathers?  :innocent: Believe it or not I've heard of cats being slightly allergic to duck feathers.  :shocked:

oh right! we do have two pillows that contain duck feathers, they are on the bottom. I never thought about that. Might remove them and see how it goes. Also going to hoover the mattress and see if that helps.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 23:16:59 PM »
Is your duvet or pillow stuffed with feathers?  :innocent: Believe it or not I've heard of cats being slightly allergic to duck feathers.  :shocked:

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
sneezing cat?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 17:21:02 PM »
Is this anything to be worried about or is it normal?

He normally sneezes when he is laying on the bed chilling out. Only recently noticed this happening. He will sneeze just the once or like the other day he sneezed a few times. Could it be my perfume, dust or an infection? He seems fine otherwise. Is it something to be concerned about?

Link to CatChat