Author Topic: Mosi is still scratching - still have fleas?  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Mosi is still scratching - still have fleas?
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 08:46:04 AM »
Well I've sprayed all the carpets and soft furnishings, and washed all  beddig (including mine which is theirs as much as mine  :innocent:) at 60 so hopefully we will see the back of the wretched things.

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 14:34:07 PM »
As said before, it's worthwhile taking her to the vet for a jab to reduce the itching and also ask about Stronghold if the vet thinks it's to do with fleas. My cat developed a flea allergy about three years ago. At the time my vet told me fleas were becoming immune to Frontline and they recommended Stronghold which I find much better.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 13:28:37 PM »
If you havent spayed the flat then chances are there are fleas about, they are then jumping on him and before the frontline has time to work they are making him scratch ! (The flea has got to bite him and then die....not sure how long that takes)

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 13:01:10 PM »
Do you know if he has a flea allergy? Molly get's like this. All it takes is one flea to land on and bite her and she itches like crazy for ages. The only way to stop her itching is to take her to the vets for a steroid shot. Mosi might not have fleas but if they are still around it'll just take one to set off the itching.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Mosi is still scratching - still have fleas?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 12:57:10 PM »
Poor lad is still scratching quite a lot.  I can't see any fleas on him but could he still have them?  He was frontlined nearly 2 weeks ago, and before that he was done beginning of July.   I haven't sprayed the flat yet as I was hesitant about spraying chemicals when I thought Mosi might be unwell.  I will probably do it this weekend.  The frontline should kill anything that lands on him though, right?  So he shouldn't have any live fleas on him?

Link to CatChat