Author Topic: Asthmastic Cat possibly  (Read 1328 times)

Offline jeremys_mummy

• Adult Cat
  • Our beautiful Rolo
Re: Asthmastic Cat possibly
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 10:29:52 AM »
He is at the vet in the net few days will keep you informed fingers crossed for my Rolo thanks you x
My Babies
Rolo Ragdoll 27/01/2009
Jeremy Ginger Tabby 5/9/2008

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 23:22:43 PM »
how did your cats respond to the medication? Sorry to hear about Sam  :hug: is coughing and heart disease related? I know nothing about it?

Yes, coughing can be a symptom of heart disease, Sam also had laboured breathing, but not wheezing. Sam did well on his meds, I used to put them in pieces of Webbox treat sticks - so he never knew he was being medicated  ;) Hope the vet visit goes ok.  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 23:18:00 PM »
Hi,
Has he seen the vet yet -if not i would get him in asap as a matter of urgency so he can start treatment.
My Smartie is fine on it , no problems at all 

Offline jeremys_mummy

• Adult Cat
  • Our beautiful Rolo
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 18:09:30 PM »
Hi thanks for your replies i'm. Hes been coughing and wheezing for a while now  :'( im just beside myself with worry how did your cats respond to the medication? Sorry to hear about Sam  :hug: is coughing and heart disease related? I know nothing about it?
My Babies
Rolo Ragdoll 27/01/2009

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 23:47:14 PM »
My Smartie gets seasonal asthma -found by a x ray and he was coughing a lot at first .
He is on prednisolne( sp) small little steroid tablets -started off on 5mg ones and has been on 1mg for over 3 years now -the cost is around £4 per month as you usually get 30 tablets . Very easy to keep contro over and he has had it on and off for around 8 years -he was 18months old when i got him and he is now 13 . He also has an enlarged heard -the forekor tablets cost me around £33 per 2 months supply.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 23:22:24 PM »
Sorry to hear about your cat  :hug: - presume he's been coughing for you to have thought it was furballs? My Sam (RIP) was coughing for some while, before I realised it wasnt just furballs, and it turned out to be congestive heart failure. Not sure how they diagnose asthma, but heart disease would be diagnosed via an ultrasound scan, I don't remember that being terribly expensive when Sam was diagnosed, and his medication wasnt too expensive either - he was on fortekor and diuretics.

Offline jeremys_mummy

• Adult Cat
  • Our beautiful Rolo
Asthmastic Cat possibly
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 22:23:05 PM »
 :'( can anyone give any advice my cat has been having what we think is asthma attacks for some months now ( he booked in to see a vet) we thought he had hairballs naively :( anyone have any advice on
 cost of treatment?
 procedures carried out to diagnose?
 or any general advice? anything were at a loss and totally distressed no idea of quality of life for him
 if its likely to get worse?
 if we can even afford the medication?
 will he have to be on it for the rest of his life?

is there anything we can do to help him anything...................... please help at a huge low point
My Babies
Rolo Ragdoll 27/01/2009

Link to CatChat