Author Topic: Under the weather or change in the weather?  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Under the weather or change in the weather?
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 00:14:29 AM »
Kylie used the indoor tray tonight which is rare for her (I wish she would use it all the time) she hopped out looking really chirpy. I would say that end-to-end, the pieces would have measured a good 8 inches  :Crazy: - I wonder if she has passed a furball? - anyway she went back into the garden all bushy tailed  :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 11:58:36 AM »
One of mine has gone off her food and isn't her usual loving self.  So far I've put it down to the warmer weather.  Last night I put the door mat on bench outside (don't laugh - to air it).  My cat might not want me or her food, but she wants the mat and looks very smug!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 22:15:38 PM »
She adores Katalax. I have only needed it a few times for her in the past but she is moulting heavily. We haven't had a slow change this year. It was cold last week and now it is almost tropical  :Crazy: - I have been in the garden in a t-shirt at night for the first time tonight. I was going to post a similar thing about Kylie and it was only revision that stopped me - so thanks  :hug:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 21:58:36 PM »
Sorry, I know this is about Memphis but just to say that Kylie is the same - it's really out of character.

No, don't be sorry. It helps a great deal to talk about these things and share each others experiences. It's actually a huge relief to me that other cats are the same way, and I guess it's a relief to other people knowing it's not just theirs. He is being out of character and like you I can't put my finger on it. However, you mentioning furballs reminded me that on Sunday afternoon he had a little bit of a coughing fit - which was just a one off. He has been moulting like crazy and did eat a chunk of dog hair the other day. So maybe a good dose of furball paste is needed. He's just started to wake up now (which just so happens to coincide with bedtime biscuit time) but he's acting very subdued. He's obviously not feeling bad enough to refuse his food  :evillaugh:

:hug: :hug: to you and Kylie and fingers crossed it is the weather or a furball.
:hug: :hug: to you Zoe and your two.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 21:41:37 PM »
My two have been sleepier than normal the last few days, I was thinking it may be because its been a lot warmer the last few days

hope the little man is ok

Zoe
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 21:39:10 PM »
 :hug: Only to say Den that Kylie has been exactly the same for the last few days. Sleeping all day and going out briefly in the evening - however, she is on her back right now after a fuss. I do put it down to the weather. As there is nothing I can put my finger on. I will make an appointment next week if there is no change. She has been the same with treats, although only wanted one webbox  :Crazy: - I thought maybe furballs yesterday so gave her a good dose and will give her more now. I wondered if a furball was making her feel rough?

Sorry, I know this is about Memphis but just to say that Kylie is the same - it's really out of character.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 21:55:29 PM by Mark »

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
Under the weather or change in the weather?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 21:16:44 PM »
I'm being a bit of a concerned meowmy at present  :scared: Little man has not been himself today. I've been around all day, yet have hardly seen him at all. This is just unheard of. When I woke up he was awake at the end of my bed, he had his breakfast and ate it all up and then slept all the way up to dinner time (7:30pm). He plodded downstairs, ate and then resumed snoozing. I've checked on him throughout the day and he's pretty much been on my bed in the same spot. After dinner he moved to snooze at the top of the stairs. I came upstairs to snuggle in bed with a book (so far I've not managed to get through more than a few pages  :doh:). He plonked himself on my dressing table and had a nap there (again, unheard of). He did a brief stint of auditioning for Britains Got Talent when he decided to reach down and strum my guitar a number of times. Now he's zoinked out on my bed again.

Normally this is the boy who follows me EVERYWHERE, has something to say all the time and get's told off 100 times and he likes to tease Molly at least once a day. I haven't told him off once today  :Crazy:

His eyes are clear, he's not too hot, not too cold, he's eating fine. Munched on some temptations earlier. His toilet habits are normal. There isn't anything he could have eaten that would give him an upset tum or anything (no chemicals or poisonous plants etc). He's just slept a lot.

Obviously if it continues he will be off to the vet, but at the moment there is nothing noticeably wrong.

Anyone have any ideas?  :scared:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Link to CatChat