Author Topic: Advice needed please!!  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Advice needed please!!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 18:03:32 PM »
Hi Hun

I will pop this under the main health section so peeps can see it more  :Luv:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 14:53:32 PM »
I'd keep him in just in case they come up with a quick appointment also if they are ill they sometimes hide away - purring is sometimes done to comfort themselves so don't assume that just because he is purring he is ok - it could be nothing but always best to check cats are very good at hiding sickness

Offline newmum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 14:48:15 PM »
I have rung and they are ringing me back as they are full at the mo but going to see if they can squeeze us in.....failing that should i just monitor him and check he is ok?? He is still moving around and purring and eating?!?! Any ideas on what he might have done?!?! Should i keep him in?? :(

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 14:22:01 PM »
I would definitely recommend a vet visit.  :)

Offline newmum

• Adult Cat
Advice needed please!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 14:13:54 PM »
Hello! My cat Freddie seems to have hurt himself but i am not sure how and whether to leave him over the weekend and see how he is or take him to the vet!!!! Aahhhhh!!

Basically he was just not himself yesterday, he seemed ok in the morning and had food and went out as normal but mum said that when she came home at lunchtime he came in and went upstairs and was still on her bed when she came home and by the time i got back he had not been down for food which is weird as he normally the one moaning for food! I went up to see him and gave him some fuss which he appreciated and he purred etc. Called him for food but he did not appear so i went up after feeding the other 2 so obviously had cat food aroma (nice!) as i thought this may entice him down! He started to lick my hands so he obviously wants food so i picked him up to bring him down. He does not like being picked up alot but will normally stay still to let you carry him but he really wriggles this time to go down and then sat on the floor, i tried to make him come with me but he just sat there so i picked him up and he cried so promptly put him back down. I bought some food up for him and he ate most of it and then got back on mums bed. He is not jumping on the bed though he puts his front paws up and then pulls himself up! He did have an accident last year when he was hit by a car and he fractured his pelvis so have to have cage rest and his jumping has not been great since as he still needs to build his muscles up but he can stand on his back legs, jump on chairs etc...

When i went up to sit with him later on he was more affecionate and not as curled up and happy to roll around and ghave strokes. when mum came to go to bed he had to be moved as she could not get in but when she moved the duvet, he would normally jump off the bed, he just sort of slid with it and then when she tried to pick him up he cried again and then growled at her! He got off her bed and came and jumped on mine and slept there. This morning he went out and had 2 pouches of food. did not go out for long, just to go to the loo, when normally he likes to go for a stroll in the morning. Mum went to check on him at lunch and he was on a different bed so has moved but she said he still wasn't right...

I don't know if cats can pull muscles?!?! And niot sure if i am being neurotic but was after some advice please??  :thanks:
xx

Link to CatChat