Author Topic: Steriod injection...side effects?  (Read 1326 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: Steriod injection...side effects?
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 14:34:45 PM »
Swampy reacted quite unpleasantly to a strong steroid injection. It wore off after about 3 days. Since then, we use the (much weaker) prednicare tablets which work a lot better, for him anyway.
Glad Carra's feeling better.

Offline DebbieM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 22:39:36 PM »
Carra certainly wasn't himself for a few days but gradually his appetite is coming back and he is getting more lively. He was like a zombie yesterday and Friday but thankfully today he is more like his old self. I can see the old Carra coming back so I'm guessing the initial reaction to the steriod injection is wearing off! Phew! He won't be having that again in a hurry!

Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash.
That one is the cat.
If man could be crossed with a cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat. -Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 20:46:41 PM »
Was it shortacting,could be its worn off? I hope hes feeling better soon

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 10:53:11 AM »
I cant say its affected Ollie in any way its not supposed to  :shy:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:52:00 AM »
Spratt's just had a steroid jab to rule out feline asthma and I've noticed he's a little lethargic too - is it usual?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 08:09:51 AM »
My Schui was sometimes off it after the injection and sometimes they took a while to kick in, hope he picks up soon.  If you are worried I would just have a word with your vet
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline DebbieM

• Adult Cat
Steriod injection...side effects?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 07:57:09 AM »
Carra had a steriod injection at the vets Wednesday teatime. His poo is back to runny and has been for about a week now and he is still on the prescription food that helped in the begining. The vet noticed his gums were sore and she thought that a steriod injection would help if there was an imflamation going on inside his bowels and also to help his gums. He wolfed his food down when he returned from the vets on Wednesday and also his breakfast on Thursday morning but by Thursday afternoon he was off his food. He had two mouthful and walked away....the same with breakfast this morning. Could it be the steriod injection that has caused his lack of appetite? He loves his food normally and this is not like him at all. Usually food is the most important thing in his life! He seems a bit lethargic too but other than that he is fine! Seems to be one thing after another with the poor boy!  :(
Has anyone had this happen after a steriod injection?

Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash.
That one is the cat.
If man could be crossed with a cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat. -Mark Twain

Link to CatChat