Author Topic: Water  (Read 1307 times)

Offline MooCat

• Adult Cat
    • Myspace Musician
Re: Water
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 06:53:56 AM »
 Dont get me started on water Hendrix is obsessed with it but not to drink just to play with
whenever theres a tap running hes there within seconds batting it and sticking his head under it  :rofl:
"There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats."

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 04:22:33 AM »
I'd be  interested in any tips to get cats to drink more

If your water is positioned near the food move it to another area!  ;)

All my cats have different drinking habits....they tend to drink more if they eat more dry food...

Offline 2d

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 00:01:17 AM »
I think different cats drink different amounts - I know ours have never drunk the same amount as each other - probably due to different levels of activity, different ages, how much dry food they eat, etc.

Obviously any obvious / sudden change to the norm should be investigated.

We change it roughly once a day.  Sometimes twice.  They don't like it when it's just come out of the tap though.  Even theough they'll both happily drink from the tap itself.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 17:20:45 PM »
Water bowl is washed every morning and I give them fresh water twice a day because I think it goes warm and I don't like water that's been around all day. We used to have a fountain but it broke and never replaced it.  When we used to have younger cats they rarely drank but were fine I think they can get alot from their food, as they get older they tend to drink more.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 16:14:59 PM »
We have fountains Catit and Drinkwell, and the dogs huge water bowl which is popular for washing feet, paddling and drinking, we also have 8 water bowls in various locations and change full fountains weekly, top up daily as with the water bowls although our little poppet Peanut has her special bowl next to the sink in the kitchen and everytime you walk in she must have fresh water put in the bowl for a head butt!!!!

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 15:49:11 PM »
I'd be  interested in any tips to get cats to drink more - mine are 8 and 6 now, and Tiffany in particular drinks very little, and will only eat a very small amount of wet food

I empty the water bowl every two days, and it very rarely seems to have gone down at all  (have tried fountain, but it took up too much limited floor space)
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Water
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 15:43:57 PM »
How much should a cat drink?? Or is this an ambiguous question.

Milo does drink especially from the fountain, Jess I've hardly ever seen drink so he gets water spooned onto his food - 2 desert spoons full onto each half a pouch.

Also how often do you change the water in the bowls? We change ours daily but after reading the other thread I wonder if we do it too often.

Link to CatChat